PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: NY Post trashes LdT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: NY Post Trashes LdT

Its bizarre and nerdy that you equate an internet message board to private restaurant table.

Is calling someone a nerd really all you've got?

Read the post he's responding to.

I did. I didn't really think it was that bad of a comparison, to be honest, although I don't really have a problem with fans of other teams coming here.

Last edited:

I did. I didn't really think it was that bad of a comparison, to be honest, although I don't really have a problem with fans of other teams coming here.

The analogy was terrible and that poster's gripe is ludicrous, but that's not what I was pointing to. It's the last line of the post:

It is not only rude, it is also bizarre and needy.

Rexorcism's reply was just a play off of that.

1) the article did not say that the GM won his rings as a GM. It just said the GM has multiple SB rings. There is a difference

I understood that and never said otherwise.

2) As was pointed out after my initial post, Newsome has 1 Ring.

Yep. I forgot that he went to the Ravens eight years before he became GM.

3) Holmgren has several rings from his time with the 49ers and 1 ring with Green Bay

Wow, I am embarrassed on this one. I forgot that Holmgren had been around so long. My bad.

4) Chuck Noll is with the Steelers organization and very active with them.

The Steelers' webpage lists Noll as an "Administration Advisor." I'm not sure that qualifies as anything like general management. :)

See above. Ozzie's still off the list (multiple), and I guess Holmgren might be gossiping about other team's players with reporters. But, you got me bad on Holmgren.

I still think it's most likely Parcells and maybe Pioli. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Last edited:

He's one example of why we shouldn't go to 18 games. He's only 30 and he's almost done with his career, which is about the norm these days for RBs. I can't imagine what another 35-40 touches a year will do to these guys.

That's a great point. Runningback is the strangest position in the NFL as a 30 year old is considered old. It's weird how they are like cars, with the mileage compared to carries.

Unless Gerhart eventually splits carries with Adrian Peterson, I wouldn't be suprised if he is "done" at age 28. :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes