PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Notre Dame losing to AIR FORCE

Status
Not open for further replies.

mcbee

Banned
Reaction score
Then they scheduled the mighty Duke and Stanford. Obviously Notre Dame scheduled powder puffs for two easy final wins, but given how bad ND is, they could lose both!

1-11 on the year! Charlie gets his comeupance.

Does he get fired? If he does does he get the rest of his money?

I can't see anyone employing him after this debacle if he does get fired.

for people that know college football..whats has caused ND to suck? Are the players just not that good? Is Charlie not calling a good game?

for people that know college football..whats has caused ND to suck? Are the players just not that good? Is Charlie not calling a good game?
All the skill position players on offense graduated and Tyrone Willingham's last draft classes didn't have jack **** to replace them with.

All the skill position players on offense graduated and Tyrone Willingham's last draft classes didn't have jack **** to replace them with.

Bingo.........

I don't agree. Even ND's well known weak recruiting years pre Weiss were still far superior than the talent level recruited at Navy and Air Force. I don't know what the hell is happening there, but it is more than weak skill players. The team is relatively young in the experience department, but should still easily have beaten Navy, etc. It may be in part to the scheme they are running and not having players who have the ability or understanding to execute it effectively.

I don't agree. Even ND's well known weak recruiting years pre Weiss were still far superior than the talent level recruited at Navy and Air Force. I don't know what the hell is happening there, but it is more than weak skill players. The team is relatively young in the experience department, but should still easily have beaten Navy, etc. It may be in part to the scheme they are running and not having players who have the ability or understanding to execute it effectively.

Have you taken a look at those offensive and defensive lines? There's just not any talent on the roster.

I've heard some Notre Dame football alums have said he's a real A-hole. Anybody know the deal on that?

Last edited:
Have you taken a look at those offensive and defensive lines? There's just not any talent on the roster.

True, not much, but aren't they more talented than Navy and Air Force? We're talking about teams full of undersized guys, nary a 300-pounder among them.

I think ND's coaches need to take some of the blame. How can Air Force blitz from Clausen's blind side three times in the first half and sack him each time, especially after Navy ran similar blitzes in the fourth quarter last week with similar success? No adjustments? No self-scouting?

I know right before halftime Charlie blamed his halfbacks for misreading the blitz, but isn't it his responsibility to make sure they see it coming? This is Charlie's third season, right? Shouldn't he have recruited at least a few players in the past two seasons who can make a difference?

I don't know. All I know is that this is the worst ND team I've seen since the mid-80s. Or ever. Bad execution. Bad play calls. Ugly. :bricks:

I don't think Charlie knows how to coach an O-Line, an entire defense, or special teams.

So... multiple problems going on here.

I don't think Charlie knows how to coach an O-Line, an entire defense, or special teams.
He needs to know how to hire people to do it . . . that's the job.

I know ND has most of it's talent in the Freshman/Sophomore classes but this is a total joke. There is no way Air Force has more talent than Notre Dame.

He certainly seems to know how to coach a buffet.

As Flounder might say; "Boy, is this great!!"

Then they scheduled the mighty Duke and Stanford. Obviously Notre Dame scheduled powder puffs for two easy final wins, but given how bad ND is, they could lose both!
One of those "powder puffs" beat USC... college schedules are made years (and sometimes decades) in advance. So it ain't like someone said "we need to play a weak opponent so we can win 2 or 3 games"
1-11 on the year! Charlie gets his comeupance.
I just don't understand why so many so-called Patriots fans are so happy to see an important part of 3 champsionships here do poorly elsewhere... He worked hard while here and left under good terms... Exactly what "comeuppance" does Charlie deserve..?
Does he get fired? If he does does he get the rest of his money?
If they fire him, they have to pay the balance of the contract, so it is doubtful they will fire him. They could certainly work out an agreement to leave if both parties consent. What I think is more likely is he returns for another year.
I can't see anyone employing him after this debacle if he does get fired.
Well, no one will want him as a head coach but it's absurd to say "I can't see anyone employing him" because he was a very successful OC and would get an NFL job in no time.

Last edited:
I've heard some Notre Dame football alums have said he's a real A-hole. Anybody know the deal on that?
The only appropriate response to that would be: Ain't that calling the kettle black.

i just hope that his lack of success this year coupled with Mangini's woes make other teams leary of offering a HC job to McDaniels!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes