PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Notre Dame loses to UConn at home (Weis fired?) [merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Odds of Weis returning to the Pats are slim to none. Can we move on?

I would love to see him get another NFL gig but I don't see it happening here. Besides Charlie hasn't changed his stripes one bit since leaving NE. As ND faced 3rd and 10 from about their 25 in the fourth quarter with 1:00 left, I turned to my friend and said, "Weis special, screen pass." Sure enough there it was. And it netted a first down except the player fumbled the ball.

IMO it wouldn't take long for NFL coaches to catch up to him again even with the new weapons here.

KON i respect you and all...... but they lost to Connecticut. :)

It deserves its own thread.

Really? The same UConn team that has been in division 1-A (BCS) all of seven years and already been to three bowls, eligible a fourth time, and won a Big East title...The same Connecticut who has been the only BE team to beat Cincinnati over the last two seasons. The same Connecticut that put four players in the first two rounds of the NFL draft last year. The same yeah, that is stunning.

Why am I arguing this with someone who feels the need to come on a message board and brag about being drunk? :confused:

He's losing incessantly at Notre Dame...

Actually, after further thought, I want Weis to come back as HC of the Colts.
You know the ol' saying "the best way for a billionaire to become a millionaire is to join the airline business"? Well, the best way for a football organization to slam their head in the car door repeatedly is to make Weis their HC.

Doesn't ND owe him something like 10 million??? When he was our HC of the NEP.. he received his share of vitriol... many fans at that time were not all that enamored with him.

10 Million to give a away, does not resonate well with the Alumni.. neither does loosing.

Really? The same UConn team that has been in division 1-A (BCS) all of seven years and already been to three bowls, eligible a fourth time, and won a Big East title...The same Connecticut who has been the only BE team to beat Cincinnati over the last two seasons. The same Connecticut that put four players in the first two rounds of the NFL draft last year. The same yeah, that is stunning.

Why am I arguing this with someone who feels the need to come on a message board and brag about being drunk? :confused:

UCONN is a sneaky good team that you do not want to play....... even despite being an under the radar solid team..... a loss from UCONN looks mighty bad.

The loss came @ HOME for Charlie and this should be the nail in the coffin for Weis at Notre Dame.

Doesn't ND owe him something like 10 million??? When he was our HC of the NEP.. he received his share of vitriol... many fans at that time were not all that enamored with him.

10 Million to give a away, does not resonate well with the Alumni.. neither does loosing.

He is under contract to 2015, not sure how much they owe... but when he signed the extension it was rumored to be worth 40 milliion...

He is under contract to 2015, not sure how much they owe... but when he signed the extension it was rumored to be worth 40 milliion...

Notre Dame has had numerous ALUM willing to eat that contract to get rid of Weis. Some settlement will happen... ND has the resources to do it....

Actually, after further thought, I want Weis to come back as HC of the Colts.
You know the ol' saying "the best way for a billionaire to become a millionaire is to join the airline business"? Well, the best way for a football organization to slam their head in the car door repeatedly is to make Weis their HC.

That's a much better idea. :cool: Ol' Charlie Wide oughta come in and kill the Colts D.

Mike Francesa believes he's going to end up back with the Patriots.

Loved Weis despite his penchant to ruin one drive per game with quirky play calls. I'm not sure that the Patriots and the NFL offenses haven't evolved past the screen pass era though. Let the past stay there.

:woot: I hope he's right.

Me too. Weis does like balance in the offense which IMO is important to Brady's longevity as the Pat's franchise QB. However I think there is a greater chance for RAC to come back (as long as he is healthy).

IMO w/ the media access they are giving them, they are positioning Pees to move on. Just seeing too many signs pointing in that direction.

Loved Weis despite his penchant to ruin one drive per game with quirky play calls. I'm not sure that the Patriots and the NFL offenses haven't evolved past the screen pass era though. Let the past stay there.

Weis was here in 2004 when Brady lead the league in throwing downfield.

I don't buy it. Pioli is not going to take out Haley after one year. If they can 'em that would make Pioli look like an absolute idiot.
It was my assumption that since Haley is currently the HC and OC, Weis could be hired to be the OC, and allow Haley to focus solely on his job as HC.

It was my assumption that since Haley is currently the HC and OC, Weis could be hired to be the OC, and allow Haley to focus solely on his job as HC.

Ah so you wern't incinuating Haley getting canned. Got it.

Haley is a Parcells guy from the Jets days. Weis used to be a Parcells guy. Not sure how that would play out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes