PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Notre Dame loses to UConn at home (Weis fired?) [merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey PJ...I'd LOVE to make my contribution but I can't use PayPal....how about I send YOU a check and you make it for me after the check clears of course...this site allows no other way to pay, otherwise I'd make a generous contribution via Visa

How about I just do it for you without the check and you buy me a beer next time I come to Foxboro?

How about I just do it for you without the check and you buy me a beer next time I come to Foxboro?

Since we're getting off the subject... what's a beer cost in Foxboro?

As some readers pointed out I think Weis does come back to football b/c of his ego and he wants to finish as a winner. He's pretty much "failed" on the biggest stage in college football (I say failed even though he has a winning record as a coach -- but in college, a winning record isn't good enough.)

I think Charlie is in rough shape physically and probably emotionally. I bet he takes a year off to regain his health.

I'd like to see him come back to New England... although I recall at one point he flirted with taking a coordinator job with the Giants. I think Charlie is partial to NYC.

In an alternate universe where Charlie is still our OC, do we go for it on 4th and 2 at our own 28 against the Colts? If we do I'm rather certain he comes up with a better playcall....

Oh, by the way, JETS suck. Mangini sucks. Speaking of Mangini, he and Charlie should do lunch this offseason. It's not like either of them has to "get back to the office."

Isn't it like $7 to $9 depending on the type?

Not sure but before you agree with the "Buy me a beer" scenario you'd better specify if it's going to be a one year donation or if it's going to renew annually.

Also...this going to be a standard or "collectors" cup?

Things like this you really need to work out before you find yourself caught up in a long term agreement! ;)

BEER:)

Ubu Ale
Wild Blue

8% each bottle ftw

I am..... I'm drunk/buzzing nicely:)

my posts are legit...... I just want to see counter arguments:)

Weiss losing @ home should get him FIRED...... it will be interesting to see what happens. If I respected a man such as BB I would look to return and play along side him. Respect/ Dignity are two underlying factors that need to be consiudered.:) BB and Weis are close and I would not be surprised w/ a Weis Comeback. ND was to hard of a task....... time to regroup and consider better options..... like where you started.

you cannot forget your roots.....

Its a shame for Charlie, but I think his fate was decided 2 weeks ago, this just makes it a forgone conclusion... Its a shame...

Weiss losing @ home should get him FIRED...... it will be interesting to see what happens. If I respected a man such as BB I would look to return and play along side him. Respect/ Dignity are two underlying factors that need to be consiudered.:) BB and Weis are close and I would not be surprised w/ a Weis Comeback. ND was to hard of a task....... time to regroup and consider better options..... like where you started.

you cannot forget your roots.....

OK, enough with the drunken melodrama. For one, Weis's "roots" are with Parcells, not BB. Next, prideful men do not like to take steps back. Third, Weis has stated he felt very underpaid with the Patriots. Weis left the Pats as soon as he could. If he got the Bills job in 2003, he would have left a year earlier. Get over it, he's not coming back.

I sense a lightning bolt coming soon.

Not sure but before you agree with the "Buy me a beer" scenario you'd better specify if it's going to be a one year donation or if it's going to renew annually.

Also...this going to be a standard or "collectors" cup?

Things like this you really need to work out before you find yourself caught up in a long term agreement! ;)

Shhhhh!

The donation has been made.

Joker, you owe me a (keg of) (imported) beer.

Its a shame for Charlie, but I think his fate was decided 2 weeks ago, this just makes it a forgone conclusion... Its a shame...

Yes and No...... ND is a difficult organizatiuon to crack. They have academic requirements that will beat out the "dumb" athlete. Notre Dame's inability to succeed is their undoing....... Weiss could have done a bit better job, but he is limited to the academic scrutinies that Notre Dame has established....

if you do not accept the less intelligent athlete..... because of a grade requirement.... you are damning yourseff to unsuccessfulness. ND..... Like IVY league schools.... set their requirements of acceptance to HIGH. They are at fault for the unsuccessfulness due to standards......

lower the standards and you will get the better ATHLETE....

this is NOT WEIS's fault but more so the Universitie's myopic view of who to accept and not to accecpt...,... (BASED on GRADES and GPA).

well, I'll buy you half a cow and all the beer you can enjoy,PJ...but really, the only hitch is this PayPal option only...wish Ian had a Visa option...I guess it's cost prohibitive. What I'd like to do is throw a C-Note into the coffer...maybe one of the admins can help out.

THanx for the offer,bud

Yes and No...... ND is a difficult organizatiuon to crack. They have academic requirements that will beat out the "dumb" athlete. Notre Dame's inability to succeed is their undoing....... Weiss could have done a bit better job, but he is limited to the academic scrutinies that Notre Dame has established....

if you do not accept the less intelligent athlete..... because of a grade requirement.... you are damning yourseff to unsuccessfulness. ND..... Like IVY league schools.... set their requirements of acceptance to HIGH. They are at fault for the unsuccessfulness due to standards......

lower the standards and you will get the better ATHLETE....

this is NOT WEIS's fault but more so the Universitie's myopic view of who to accept and not to accecpt...,... (BASED on GRADES and GPA).

LMAO..... I typed this up loaded and Drunk:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes