PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Not the type of rushing record you'd want...

Status
Not open for further replies.

RyanTheColtsFan

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
"The way things have turned out is just unreal," Edgerrin James said. "This is some of the weirdest stuff I have ever seen in these past six weeks."

James carried 36 times for only 55 yards, an average of 1.5 yards. It was the most carries in an NFL game by a player while averaging less than 2 yards per attempt, according to the Elias Sports Bureau.

James also had one very costly fumble.

36 for 55!? How much can you blame on the offensive line?

You are right. The problem with Arizona is that how can you put the game on the line with a guy with a production like that. This might (should) cost D.Green his job. What a pathetic performance by James. Its funny because he was b!tching about wanting the ball in the 4th quarter to finish games and then fumble for a TD and 2 carries in the last drive for no gain... what a joke.

Couldn't happen to a nicer guy. Edge is an F-ing TURD.

What did Arizona expect? James had done nothing all game and they continued to give him the ball. Had they put the ball in the qb's hand, Arizona probably wins the game. But its the Cardinals..............

The Colts' team rushing average has actually gone up from 3.7 to 3.8 this year.

The Patriots has gone from 3.4 to 3.9.

Keep in mind both numbes are team totals so they include QB, FB, etc.

I almost felt bad for James that they kept calling his number, until I remembered him complaining that he needed to get the ball more at the end of games. He got what he wished for and it cost his team the game.

You combine a crappy o-line with a great run defense and no one could have fared well.

I would offer the following observations.

If you told Cardinals fans 5 minutes before kickoff whether they would be happy if the Cardinals only lost to the Bears by a single point. 99 out of 100 would have been ecstatic.

I recall back in 2001 when a soph QB with no starts or even snaps as a rookie, was brought in to play after the veteran QB Bledsoe was injured.

As I recall Weis and Belichick insisted on keeping their inexperienced QB on a tight leash, running relatively ineffective Antowain Smith repeatedly. Even though he was barely satisfactory but AS had a reputation as a non-fumbler. They did this to prevent the raw QB from throwing it up and suffering INTs. They depended on their Defense to get turnovers and field position. This was Leinart's SECOND start as a rookie in relief of Kurt Warner. The Bear's Defense was playing to stop the run daring the rookie to trow the ball up for a turnover. What's the difference ?

After half a season of starting and getting some experience, Weis and Belichick gradually eased the leash on a QB named Tom Brady. He was transitioned into the NFL and didn't have his confidence shattered by INTs and poor play. by season's end he was a SB MVP player.

It's an interesting observation but Leinart was moving the ball and Edge wasn't doing squat. When you see what is developing during the game, you should make the adjustments accordingly. I sure didn't think Leinart would be able to handle the Bears D, but boy, did he. He has "it".

To me, it looked way more like the coaches gave in to Edge's whining to give him the ball in the 4th quarter, to the detriment of the team.

scout said:
What did Arizona expect? James had done nothing all game and they continued to give him the ball. Had they put the ball in the qb's hand, Arizona probably wins the game. But its the Cardinals..............

Why do these idiot teams sign position players to big contracts thinking they will trun it around? BB did it the right way, with guys like Seymour and Vrable, and building the skill positions later. Pats were even able to win a SB two years ahead of schedule.

How many of you, like me, knew to a biblical certainty that Arizona would miss the FG? I put it at about 1 in 100 at the time.

At Indy, do we give the credit to for James' success -- Petyton and the WRs, or to the o-line and coach Mudd?

That is indeed a record in futility. Pathetic. The Cards coaching staff should have realized sometime during the second half that the run was absolutely NOT working. Urlacher and that bears run D was jacked up. And they sure Jacked up Edge for a costly turnover and TD. I think when you march down the field at WILL through the air, you need to go for the TD using what had worked for you. Not wasting two precious downs on ineffective runs, when you know you will NEVER replace those downs at the end of a game.

onegameatatime said:
How many of you, like me, knew to a biblical certainty that Arizona would miss the FG? I put it at about 1 in 100 at the time.

I did. Or I figured the scenarios for a shank were highly likely. In fact, I posted something about it in the game thread. When he actually did miss it, I just started laughing. Talk about ineptitude.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes