Coy Wire (BILLS LB) - Knee Injury
Jason Webster (BILLS CB) - Broken Forearm
Kevin Everett (BILLS TE) - Neck/ Spinal Injury
Darren Sproles (SD RB) - Concussion
Jeff Garcia (TAMPA QB) - Concussion
Cadillac Williams (TAMPA RB) - Bruised Ribs
Brian Kelly (TAMPA CB) - Pulled Groin

Some pretty big names there...

And some of them we'd normally have to face.

Amazing that the Pats really didn't have anyone hurt.

Last edited:
Any Pats? No?

Good day. :D

Injuries are never a good thing..... And Buffalo's defense just got decimated today...

I'm a fan and I like to watch football. But it's really a stupid game in which to participate. My brother played High School football and has had back problems ever since. Look at all the pros who retire only to have horrible health issues. Human bodies just aren't made for this stuff. I wouldn't want my son playing football. Baseball or basketball, yes, but not football. Just too hard on bodies.

I'm a fan and I like to watch football. But it's really a stupid game in which to participate. My brother played High School football and has had back problems ever since. Look at all the pros who retire only to have horrible health issues. Human bodies just aren't made for this stuff. I wouldn't want my son playing football. Baseball or basketball, yes, but not football. Just too hard on bodies.
Remind me, how did Sonny Bono die again, SkiHound?

Remind me, how did Sonny Bono die again, SkiHound?
apparently, this guy never saw anyone get hit in the head with a baseball. Honestly I always feel that people who wouldn't play football because it's "dangerous" are a little light in the loafers.

The body isn't made for skiing either with 16,000 head injuries
[SIZE=-1]http://www.helmets.org/skicrash.htm
or this article that detailed fatalities from skiing, 41 in 2003-2004 or almost as many as people who died from being struck by lightning (43) and much more than football......
[/SIZE][SIZE=-1]http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_qn4155/is_20060326/ai_n16173506 [/SIZE]

Its more the person than the sport, and to a lesser extent how that person conditions himself. Look at Johnny Damon, he's a wreck at 34 even though his sport calls for standing or sitting around about 98% of the time. This is a sport where a player is given a rest time-out if he has to stand at attention in the batter's box for more than five consecutive seconds. Yet they're still all beat up and constantly going on the DL.

Unfortunately, it looks like Brandon Jacobs suffered a severe knee injury. That won't help the Giants chances this year.

HOLY CRAP did Buffalo's secondary take a major hit or WHAT?!

HOLY CRAP did Buffalo's secondary take a major hit or WHAT?!

Yes, their back 7 took a major hit. Losing 3 players... And Keith Ellison was already out.

I don't know if it's listed but Mike Brown has a "knee Sprain" and PFT actually believes it might be a torn ACL

that poor guy

Rodney Harrison being suspended may actually have been a blessing in disguise. Less chance he will be injured in the post season.

Osi Umeniyura was also lost by the Giants tonight.

Osi Umeniyura was also lost by the Giants tonight.

And people still wonder why teams hold their starters back/out in the pre-season? The more you play, the greater chance that you'll get injured.
You just hope to reduce the risk.

If most of the arguments on this board are true, guess out training staff did a good job.. we tend to blame them for injuries, so kudo's when there are none.

Giants possibly losing Manning and Jacobs = Bye Bye Tommy Coughlin

Question what the he!! are you doing on a FOOTBALL site?

Sammy Morris took a wicked hit yesterday that looked like his knee and ankle buckled at the same time. I'm amazed he wasn't seriously injured, the guy must be another Gumby.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes