PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Norv Turner burns Rex Ryan

Status
Not open for further replies.
You named 6 (unless you believe Belichick and Peyton had better first 2 seasons despite one playoff appearance and a few losing records). My argument was on one hand, that I misjudged by forgetting a few head coaches, so you were right in that respect. Even with that, its still beyond impressive that in the history of the NFL, only a handful of coaches have produced better than Rex in their first 2 years as HC. Even you would have to be hardpressed to admit that.

Belichick won the Superbowl in his second season. He was 5-11 his first season and won the Superbowl his second. That's better.

Care to revise your statement?
Could't wait huh? My timings off, thats all. it will happen though. Noriega face GAVE you that game in the end. No clock mangement is only one of his faults. You guys get credit though for pulling it out.

Very, very solid points. I guess in the end I was trying to show that not many coaches have done what Rex has done in their first 2 seasons. I also disagree at the hollow accomplishment. 2 straight AFCE champ games is impressive no matter what. Does it suck we didn't make the SB and win it? Absolutely. I still haven't gotten over last year. It doesn't degrate what you previously did though, unless you just have a more cynical point of view (which is understandable since the Pats win super bowls, and we don't) about judging accomplishments.
See I just don't think winning a couple of playoff games and getting knocked out before making it to a SB is impressive. Those games are stepping stones that are meaningless unless you finish. Do you really think the Bears were significantly more successful than the Eagles last year, or even the Saints who lost in round 1? I don't. They got closer to achieving something but still didn't achieve it. Its a moral victory in my opinion and moral victories are for losers.
We laughed for years around here that the Colts hung a AFCCG participant banner. You are doing the same thing.
We lost in the AFCG in 2006. I found that to be no more of an accomplishment than any other season we did not win the SB, and didn't find 1 and done to be a lesser accomplishment than losing later.

Frankly AFCCG participant is only a measure of success if you build upon it, which I do not see happening in NJ, however Rex will have the opportunity to succeed or fail at that, for real, not in guarantees and blow hard comments trying to tell everyone how good he is.

next thing this space alien will be telling us is you get trophies for getting squashed in AFC Championship games.

I only put up EIGHT coaches that exceeded what you were "waiting!!!!!!!!!!!" for....you are really not very intelligent,JFIP...it is YOU and YOUR condescending putdowns that ignited your beatdown...but, as is typical with the lying, cheat loving, Alosi fan club tripping, drunken Westhofian green grammar school drop-outs with an itch to scratch and sniff cheese filled toes and repeatedly statutory rape under 18, innocent little girls, you continue to wave your idiotic pom poms as if you won something....you ARE what you are...in fact, I'm betting you are the nitwit on the right....

stupid+jet+fans.jpg

now pack up all your little green placards,grab your Pabst empties, clean up the puke and go get your friggin' shinebox....

jets-fans.jpg

You named 6 (unless you believe Belichick and Peyton had better first 2 seasons despite one playoff appearance and a few losing records). My argument was on one hand, that I misjudged by forgetting a few head coaches, so you were right in that respect. Even with that, its still beyond impressive that in the history of the NFL, only a handful of coaches have produced better than Rex in their first 2 years as HC. Even you would have to be hardpressed to admit that.

I named EIGHT...so far...every single one is bona fide by YOUR parameters....I never mentioned Sean Payton, if the "Peyton" you refer to is that coach...hard to tell because YOU are so close to braindead stupid you might have hallucinated reading something like that.

Newsflash!....now charge those three tattered brain cells of yours and try to concentrate on this...the Pats lost to Indy in the AFC Championship....a game they led big in...unlike YOUR Rats who showed up only to be obliterated (I still laugh at Pittsburgh's RB racking up 120+ yards behind a crippled O line on your horrible defense).....nobody here looks at that loss like it's this "HUGE ACCOMPLISHMENT!!!!!!!"....we prefer to put it behind us. I have NEVER seen a post by a Pats fan that claims this ridiculously idiotic "respect my team!!!!!!!" total bullcrap that you DEMANDED here on OUR site. Really, I don't know how to put it gently...you are so pinheadedly stupid you actually HURT dead stupid people in the cemetary.

Last edited:
Care to revise your statement?

I assume Rex used the post-game conference to remind the Chargers that had they only hired him, he would have been able to close out the game and defeat the Jets.

;)

anyway...to continue the job of re-educating this silly little girl trapped in a boy's body,Jetfan-in-pieces....the figure is EIGHT...there is no argument....no spin...no twisting...but now,did you actually think your immolation by blowtorch was at an end???
How shortsighted of you...

In 1980 Forrest Gregg became the head coach of the Cincinnati Bengals and remained until 1983. Gregg's most successful season as a head coach was in 1981, when he coached the Bengals to a 12–4 regular season record and they went on to defeat the San Diego Chargers 27–7 in the AFC championship game (known as the Freezer Bowl), earning them a trip to the Super Bowl.

Oooooooops again.....

for those of you with scorecards...that makes NINE...and unless you have a birth defect from radioactive Jersey dump sewerage, that makes almost TWO full hands....not "you can count on one hand!!!!..You stupit!!!..I objective!! ..I wait!!!". Yes,Jet fan came in peace....looks like he's left in PIECES.

Last edited:
Big loss for the Chargers. Tie breaker implications all over this one.

The good news is that there are only two teams left in the AFC with one loss: the Patriots and the Baltimore Ravens.

forget tiebreaker

it's a big loss for whatever they had where their soul resides

Belichick-13-19 in his first 2 seasons as NFL head coach..so, no
Why does Tomlin hurt? He didn't beat us in that year. And I agreed with you about that one, RC fail there.
Caldwell-No, 3 playoff victories, vs Rex's 4. Caldwell did it with one of the best QBs of all time, Rex did it with one of the worst rookie QBs of all time...so, no again.
Flores-yes (good call on this one)
Gibbs-yes
Madden-yes
Billick-yes (good call on this one too, I overlooked him)

So in your entire search for head coaches that meet the criteria you came across 5. So, I should expand my 'one hand' to 'two hands' hehe. The fact that you claimed he was a mediocre head coach and only listed 5 HC that accomplished more than him in his first 2 seasons, only makes your original premise look ridiculous in itself.

No...the correct figure is NINE now....you spoke too soon again, which seems to be a big problem for you...it's obvious your little "2 Losses In Two Years in AFC Champ game is rarest feat ever!!!!! Name FIVE!!! I dare ya!!! You can't ! You are stupid!!I am supersmart...you can't name even five...not even ONE HAND!!!!!!!....yeah,well bunky, the figure is nine....or is it???????

George Seifert....first TWO years as SF head coach
SFO 1989 14 2 0 .875 1st in NFC West 3 0 1.000 Super Bowl XXIV Champions.
SFO 1990 14 2 0 .875 1st in NFC West 1 1 .500 Lost to New York Giants in NFC Championship Game.

It really is tragic that your utter stupidity has led you down this path to chainsaw massacre hell...but that's what happens when you let your big mouth write checks your stupid azz can't cash.....

BTW...I'll put it in pictures so you won't have to struggle with the big words....

two-hands.jpg

Last edited:
I hate the hets and I'm drunk as hell.!!! jets dsuck suck suck. not won a sb sdince moon loanding.s !!!

next thing this space alien will be telling us is you get trophies for getting squashed in AFC Championship games.

You don't get a trophy, but you get a banner:

colts.jpg

Last edited:
You don't get a trophy, but you get a banner:

colts.jpg

The Jets are so stupid they didn't even make up there own banner...but they do have an official playoff animal mascot......

football%2Bchad%2Bpennington.jpg

Joker, you = awesome. drunkbut true.

The goat reference or that Pennington has better hair?

Greatest

Of

All

Time

Hi Ray Ray 19!!!...er...Jet Fan In Peace...I see they let you back on that cesspool J.I. after your banning...too funny...what next? Jet Fan In Humiliation? OK, nitwit,the NUMBER is now at ten...that's TWO hands...a full hand MORE than you defiantly dared anyone to try to find....but ,I, Joker, being a greedy little bastich...I want MORE...I want to make sure YOU never ever run your big mouth on this Pats fan board again...so...let's move on to that THIRD hand...or eleventh finger...you know, the fingers you said didn't exist?...the fingers that couldn't possibly equal your heroic "ceiling unlimited!!!!!!" NY Jets of the past two years?

Read it and break down weeping at the horrible luck of being the progeny of a defective gene pool mating....

Red Miller was named head coach of the Denver Broncos on January 31, 1977, replacing John Ralston.[1] Miller took a team led by linebackers Randy Gradishar, Bob Swenson, and Tom Jackson, cornerback Louis Wright, safety Billy Thompson and defensive end Lyle Alzado— mainstays of the Orange Crush Defense— and veteran quarterback Craig Morton (acquired via trade with the New York Giants) to a 12–2 regular season record and an AFC West Division title.[2]

The Broncos then faced the Tom Landry-coached Dallas Cowboys in Super Bowl XII but lost, 27–10. Interest in that season and team have been revived by Terry Frei's popular 2008 book, '77: Denver, the Broncos and a Coming of Age.[citation needed]

The Broncos also would lose in an NFL AFC Divisional Playoff match against the Pittsburgh Steelers at Three Rivers Stadium on December 30, 1978, 33–10. They would also lose the next season to the Houston Oilers 13–7 in a classic NFL Wild Card Playoff match played in the Astrodome on December 23, 1979.

Oooooooooops!!!!....again....hey, maybe you should forget NFL football....you $uck at it....why not try the movies...I hear there's a new one in the pre-filming stage looking for a lead actor....it's tentatively named THE THIRD HAND..:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Belichick won the Superbowl in his second season. He was 5-11 his first season and won the Superbowl his second. That's better.

Didn't see this thread until Joker reposted it. Nope. Belichick did not make the playoffs in his first 2 seasons as head coach, and did not win a SB until his 7th season. So it is not better (first 2 years).

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes