PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Norv Turner burns Rex Ryan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Obviously......

OK,you "in peace" liar...recently I can think of three off the top of my head...Tomlin,Caldwell and Sean Payton...that's just since 2006...you just start watching the NFL????? Going back 40 years I can find enough coaches that fit this parameter to fit multiple hands. Stop being a lying weasel and trying to push your cruddy Rat agenda...here's something to think about ,doofus...how many head coaches have looked HORRIBLE in consecutive AFC championship games???? That's right, ONE...guess who...

Just to refute your points with actual statistical analysis instead of your irrational point of view:

Sean Paytons first 2 seasons>>17-15, with 1 playoff victory
Mike Tomlin is one I was referring too when I mentioned 'on one hand,' since he won a Super Bowl in his 2nd season and made the playoffs in the first.
Jim Caldwell>>24-8 with a SB loss and a WC loss, 2 playoff victories, while playing with the best QB (or 2nd best) in the game.
Rex>>>20-12, 4 playoff victories all on the road.

If you think Payton had a more successful first 2 years than Rex then I just question your overall intelligence in general. Also, I don't think anyone with a brain would take Caldwell over Rex. Everyone knows its 'Mannings' team.

So again I'll wait for you to refute my statement, which again you won't be able to do.

You've agreed with enough points to affirm the notion that Rex is a one trick pony and that trick got old very fast.

Let me put it another way.

Let's say - hypothetically - that a legitimate NFL coach suffered an aneurysm and thought it would be a good idea to guarantee a Super Bowl victory.

Then let's say - hypothetically - that after failing to win a Super Bowl he suffers another stroke and thinks it would be a good idea to make the same guarantee the next year.

Do you think that coach would have any credibility with his own players, let alone anyone else in the NFL after such brazenly stupid predictions which, even if they fostered any short term positive impact, are sure to undermine confidence in the coach in the long term?

And let's say that hypothetical coach who did engage in such stupid theatrics STILL didn't learn to keep his mouth shut and continues to provide ample motivation to opposing teams on a weekly basis?

Would you consider those the hallmarks of a "good coach"?

I actually disagreed with most of your points to dispel the notion that Rex is a one trick pony. So idk how you came to your conclusion. He makes predictions, he's confident in his team. Does he come across as a fool for it? Absolutely. Does it mean it doesn't work? Absolutely not. These guarantees are what got this team to come up to Foxboro (toughest venue to play) and kick the crap out of you guys last year. He speaks his mind and I commend him for it. He made it personal between him and Peyton, and we won. He made it personal between him and Belichick, and he backed it up. Did we win the champ game? Nope we didn't. We got beat by a better team.

Are there times where I wish he shut up? Absolutely. What he said about Norv this week was completely out of line. I again though fail to see how making predictions makes you a bad coach. Losing football games is what makes you a bad coach. Last 2 years we made it to the playoffs. We've hit a rough patch through 6 games, but the team has the talent to turn it around.

I actually disagreed with most of your points to dispel the notion that Rex is a one trick pony. So idk how you came to your conclusion. He makes predictions, he's confident in his team. Does he come across as a fool for it? Absolutely. Does it mean it doesn't work? Absolutely not. These guarantees are what got this team to come up to Foxboro (toughest venue to play) and kick the crap out of you guys last year. He speaks his mind and I commend him for it. He made it personal between him and Peyton, and we won. He made it personal between him and Belichick, and he backed it up. Did we win the champ game? Nope we didn't. We got beat by a better team.

Are there times where I wish he shut up? Absolutely. What he said about Norv this week was completely out of line. I again though fail to see how making predictions makes you a bad coach. Losing football games is what makes you a bad coach. Last 2 years we made it to the playoffs. We've hit a rough patch through 6 games, but the team has the talent to turn it around.

Making predictions sometimes won't backfire on you (when you back them up). Other times, it does pretty badly. It's a high-risk low-reward motivation strategy, as the Jets are now finding out.

Here's the point, JetPinheadInPieces, a fishy 9-7 backing in ending in a brutal squashing where the Rats barely put up a struggle is hardly "special!!!!!!"..unless YOU are in special ed where they hand out stars for just showing up.

As for last year's "special" performance against Pittsburgh, a crippled team missing half its offensive and defensive starters and a gimpy Rothlisberger...well, the only thing "special" happened to be a certain Pittsburgh running back going wild blowing up the Rat defense that failed to even show up for the first half...and then the "special" 1st and goal at the one....biggest choke of the season and failure that only a "special" 6th seed playing well over its head could possibly muster.

Now run along with your "special" WE TOOK TWO BRUTAL BEATINGS IN THE AFC CHAMPIONSHIP IN A ROW trophy and put it right up there with the 10,000 or so You Tube clips of GREATEST JET DRAFT BLUNDERS. Moron.

edit: BTW, nitwit..John Madden did what Rex Ryan did...go to two consecutive AFC Championship games in his first two years...the HUGE difference being, Madden's team WON their division.Your precious little raison d'etre is looking pretty flimsy...but keep yammering, Mr. 42 Straight Years Of Suffering...I enjoy kicking green crud when its' down.

Last edited:
Decaf might be the way to go

Last edited:
nah...just getting all frothed up in anticipation of the end of the Rat's season tomorrow....at home....perfect

BTW...isn't it just a tad weird that a so called "objective" Rat fan is here for days demanding respect for getting slaughtered in the playoffs...the week of a game with the CHARGERS???? I mean, what the hell do the Patriots have to do with this game? It's like this clown has to defend his precious little green stool pigeons across the expanse of the World Wide Web, no matter where that quest shall lead....just plain weird.

BTW...isn't it just a tad weird that a so called "objective" Rat fan is here for days demanding respect for getting slaughtered in the playoffs...the week of a game with the CHARGERS???? I mean, what the hell do the Patriots have to do with this game? It's like this clown has to defend his precious little green stool pigeons across the expanse of the World Wide Web, no matter where that quest shall lead....just plain weird.

I can't blame Jets fans for doing that. The Jets message boards are terrible. If I were a Jets fan, I wouldn't be posting on them.

heh...well..I'm not either and I don't...what would be the point?

it's just the constant yammering by one after another of these green freaks...holding up these two consecutive appearances as some kind of validation...it's ridiculous...the Patriots have been to FOUR Super Bowls the past ten years, winning three....the Pats LOST to the Colts in the AFC Championship game in 2006...do you ever read any Pats fans, even the craziest homers, running around gaggling like a drunken goose, claiming "you will respect the Patriots loss in the AFC Championship game!!!!".

I guess when you're a 42 year long total embarrassment and NY afterthought, with a fanbase famous for criminality and over the top explosions of bad taste(Gate D anyone???), you think LOSING in a playoff game IS the promised land....like I said...weirdos

BTW, I was waiting for Mr. "Refute Me!!!!! My Wrecks is BEST!!!" to slink back in and try to desperately deflect the Madden record....guess he decided to bow out before the beatdown

Joe Gibbs...Redskins...1981,first season 8-8...1982,2nd season...won Super Bowl....Wrecks Cryan's accomplishment is better????? LMAO.

Jetfaninpeace must be listening to Patsy Cline..

180px-Patsy_Cline_-_I_Fall_to_Pieces.jpg

Another post that can't back up his word with stats. Name me more than 5 coaches who did more than what Rex accomplished in his first 2 seasons? You can't, but I'll let you try.

John Madden...see earlier post

Tom Flores...took over the Raiders in 1979...won the Super Bowl a year later

you do see that WINNING the Super Bowl is FAR FAR beyond getting squashed in the AFC Championship...or do you?

Joe Gibbs...mentioned earlier

Mike Tomlin...ouch..that hurt huh?

Caldwell with Indy...protest all you want, these are YOUR parameters

Obviously there's Belichick...unless somehow you want to make some ridiculous disclaimer about HIS record as Pats head coach...

what's that so far...SIX???? Oh no, Jetfaninpeace...it CAN'T be!!!!...sadly, for you(and I'm far from done yet) ..it is.....enjoy breakfast....

egg_on_the_face.jpg

C'mon, Jetfaninpieces...six not your favorite number???...hmmmmmm?

well then...let's try SEVEN...that's TWO more than the five YOU DECLARED AS ABSOLUTE "can't find anymore than that!!!!!!!" TRUTH...

In 1970, the AFL and NFL merged. This was also the year that Don Shula was hired to coach the team. Shula preached hard work, and his training camps were grueling affairs. But it paid off, as Miami went 10-4 in their first season under Shula and made the playoffs for the first time in team history.

With players such as running backs Larry Csonka and Jim Kiick, quarterback Bob Griese and wide receiver Paul Warfield, the Dolphins made it to the Super Bowl the next three seasons.

Embarrassing, isn't it...you were so SURE...so convinced in your great Jetness...basking in your green glow of consecutive AFC Championship game losses...."name me five!!!!!! YOU CAN'T!!!! Do not ever question ME, I AM Jetfan!!!"....now you are revealed...just another in a long trudging line of green miscreants...trudging off into oblivion...but you'll always have those two losses to comfort you....perhaps you should do what Jet fan has become famous for all these past 42 years of futility...change the rules in midstream...."name me TEN head coaches!!!! You can't!!! But I'll wait!! You're stupid!!! Rex's playoff losses RULE!!!! OG JTSE!!!"

Hi, Jetfanblastedtopieces!!!!...hello???...thought you said "I'll wait!!!!!! Show me more than five!!!!You can't!!!! I'll wait!!!You'll see!!! You stupid!!!"

so...we're well PAST the magic "can't be!!!!" five coaches with better records , not EQUAL TO, (which is what I believe you mistakingly thought) but BETTER than your precious Wrecksie....gee...wonder what's next?????

Ooooooooops!

Brian Billick...first season 1999....8 wins....YOU GOT A CHANCE, JFIP!!!!!!!

2nd season, 2000...12-4....WON SUPER BOWL

awwww....so close...yet...well, what can I say...that's EIGHT..:rofl::rofl::rofl:

I can't blame Jets fans for doing that. The Jets message boards are terrible. If I were a Jets fan, I wouldn't be posting on them.

Your post has an excellent blend of matter-of-fact and dry wit that, sadly, would be lost on that very same Jet board you spoke of.....:D

Another post that can't back up his word with stats. Name me more than 5 coaches who did more than what Rex accomplished in his first 2 seasons? You can't, but I'll let you try.

John Madden...see earlier post

Tom Flores...took over the Raiders in 1979...won the Super Bowl a year later

you do see that WINNING the Super Bowl is FAR FAR beyond getting squashed in the AFC Championship...or do you?

Joe Gibbs...mentioned earlier

Mike Tomlin...ouch..that hurt huh?

Caldwell with Indy...protest all you want, these are YOUR parameters

Obviously there's Belichick...unless somehow you want to make some ridiculous disclaimer about HIS record as Pats head coach...

what's that so far...SIX???? Oh no, Jetfaninpeace...it CAN'T be!!!!...sadly, for you(and I'm far from done yet) ..it is.....enjoy breakfast....

egg_on_the_face.jpg

Belichick-13-19 in his first 2 seasons as NFL head coach..so, no
Why does Tomlin hurt? He didn't beat us in that year. And I agreed with you about that one, RC fail there.
Caldwell-No, 3 playoff victories, vs Rex's 4. Caldwell did it with one of the best QBs of all time, Rex did it with one of the worst rookie QBs of all time...so, no again.
Flores-yes (good call on this one)
Gibbs-yes
Madden-yes
Billick-yes (good call on this one too, I overlooked him)

So in your entire search for head coaches that meet the criteria you came across 5. So, I should expand my 'one hand' to 'two hands' hehe. The fact that you claimed he was a mediocre head coach and only listed 5 HC that accomplished more than him in his first 2 seasons, only makes your original premise look ridiculous in itself.

Last edited:

If we got slaughtered against the Steelers, what did we do to you then? Still can't get over that defeat huh?

Belichick-13-19 in his first 2 seasons as NFL head coach..so, no
Why does Tomlin hurt? He didn't beat us in that year. And I agreed with you about that one, RC fail there.
Caldwell-No, 3 playoff victories, vs Rex's 4. Caldwell did it with one of the best QBs of all time, Rex did it with one of the worst rookie QBs of all time...so, no again.
Flores-yes
Gibbs-yes
Madden-yes

So in your entire search for head coaches that meet the criteria you came across 4. By definition, on one hand means 4 others. Congrats, you still lost.

Jetfan 1 aka, Ray Ray, aka. Jetfanin peace, aka. jetfan 2, aka. Jetfan 3. Ake. FLAW BOY WEASEL, Implode begins at 1pm today. GO CHARGERS !! Nuff said :rocker: :rocker: :rocker:

They're aren't as bad as people make them out to be here (I only post on TGG, JI sucks IMO), but every board has its crappy posters (see, Joker ;)). But I agree, I enjoy this board. I like bantering with opposing fans. Even though Joker comes across strong in his posts, I enjoy trash talking with him. Its all in good fun.

Last edited:
Dude, who cares? You are what you are. You're 3-3, and your coach, whilst being a good play-caller, has issues. Coupled with a less than stellar supporting cast behind the starters, which is partly his problem, means things in NJ aren't great right now.

You should be used to it. But please, stop filling the board with nonsense. if you care that much, go and post on JI or Gang Green.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots