OT: No disciplinary action for Reid

Status
Not open for further replies.

SVN

PatsFans.com Retired Jersey Club
Reaction score
http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm

NO DISCIPLINARY ACTION FOR REID

Chris Mortensen of ESPN reports that Eagles coach Andy Reid won't be subject to discipline under the Personal Conduct Policy for the struggles of his sons, even though Commissioner Roger Goodell told Falcons quarterback Mike Vick in April, "People living in your house and people on your property is your responsibility."

Mort also reports that a player would likewise not face discipline under the Personal Conduct Policy if his children were in a similar mess as the one that Reid's oldest two kids face. But the separate question, as we see it, is whether the presence under the player's roof of various controlled substances that might have been obtained illegally could trigger scrutiny under the substance-abuse policy, even if there's no evidence that the player used them.

Besides, we don't understand how the highlighted statement above doesn't apply to a head coach, especially since non-players are supposedly held to a higher standard. We think that the league should take a look at what Reid knew and when he knew it -- especially since sons Garrett and Britt presumably were at the team's facility from time to time, and possibly were doing things there that they shouldn't have been doing.
i personally find this so disturbing that the media is piling on an already tough situation.Maybe they are calling out goodell for double standards.But this is sad.Wish they would leave reid alone.

Why does anyone think there should be disciplinary action ? That would be worse than spygate. Had Bad-ell done anything, if I were Reid I'd have sued his ass.

Seriously. Goddell shouldn't have done a damn thing.

http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm

i personally find this so disturbing that the media is piling on an already tough situation.Maybe they are calling out goodell for double standards.But this is sad.Wish they would leave reid alone.

Our favorite and least favorite head coaches today have had their family problems. There's no doubt the job takes a toll on families. I think Goodell should stay out of it and the media should report the story but, leave it at that.

fox nfl sunday came out really candidly about the media coverage and also the comparison with the vick situation. Was refreshing to see.

Why does anyone think there should be disciplinary action ? That would be worse than spygate. Had Bad-ell done anything, if I were Reid I'd have sued his ass.

Not much of a legal buff, aye? Also, "Bad-ell" is quite possibly the dumbest nickname ever created.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes