PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT - Nice Flex Game NBC... NOT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sean Pa Patriot

Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal
Reaction score
31-7 Colts.. Bears and Pats would have been better.... No Matter, we dont win on NBC, and Madden apperantly loves Peyton Mannings jock or somewhat...

I think (don't know for sure), that the Pats/Bears game was protected by CBS. Also, NBC moved the Bears/Giants game two weeks ago into PT, but todays game would have been more compelling. This Philly matchup probably looked better with McNabb.

10 point game in the 4th...

From what I saw, the Pats/Bears game was available. But, with media whore Manning available for prime time, no big surprise that NBC took the bait. As far as Madden, lets not forget that he was the ding dong that said that we should have played for the tie against St. Louis.

31-7 Colts.. Bears and Pats would have been better.... No Matter, we dont win on NBC, and Madden apperantly loves Peyton Mannings jock or somewhat...

After the game I was listening to the radio and they had a good line, "That was the best 9 turnover game in the history of the NFL." The game was broadcast to almost the entire country (Save NY, NJ, TN and parts of a couple of states). And it didn't disappoint on the excitement and anxiety level. I'm glad that so many people got to see how bogus the officiating is too.

Michael--

Your sig raises a good point, but it'd probably work better as a post of its own. Besides, I like the positive image your old sig projects. :)

You are right, it was protected. And at the time it was moved McNabb was healthy.
I don't think it would have mattered. The Eagles are on a long, fast downhill slide that reminds us how hard it is to stay on top in this league. Keep in mind they went to 4 straight NFC chmapionship games starting in '01 (what other club rose to the elite starting in '01??) and have tanked for the last two years. They have gotten stale while all around them improved. Even with a healthy McNabb, they would have lost big......
It makes you appreciate what the PAtriots have done in a big way, jettisoning (I know I sound like Tiki using big words) fan favorites,maybe a year too early, rather than a year too late....while overhauling the roster to stay at the top.....
Look around the league and there are very few franchises that have been on top for this long.....
Just my $0.02,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back