OT: NFL Won't Let Fans See Pats et. al. All 22 Video

Status
Not open for further replies.

PatsWickedPissah

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
The NFL doesn’t want you to have access to the “All 22″ film | Smart Football

NFL feels that we fans aren't mature enough to see the all field coach style video of games. Too much fodder for fan criticism of players. Bummer, because we could break down coverages and good stuff like some few excellent posters do here on too rare occasion.

But on 2nd thought, I'm not sure I ever want to see ANY film of Brown or White ever again. :mad:

Judging from what I read on message boards the NFL is probably right.

Translation: Research conducted by NFL marketing revealed fans aren't willing to pay enough to get the film, but since NFL owners are reluctant to let a single foregone penny of revenue escape the clutch of their fingers, look for this product to appear in some form sooner rather than later.

I hate it when facts spoil an emotional rant!

Exactly, get that feck out of here. I want to rant, let me do it. I hate facts during those moments. The eye test is never wrong.

pretty sure they just realized no one would pay for it

People already do a ton of statistical analysis based on what they see on TV and the play-by-play results. Imagine the amount of new analysis that would be done with widespread access to the All 22 footage?

Regards,
Chris

People already do a ton of statistical analysis based on what they see on TV and the play-by-play results. Imagine the amount of new analysis that would be done with widespread access to the All 22 footage?

Regards,
Chris

analysis? i disagree, the % of stuff you hear on TV that is sports related that is analysis is quite small, most is just talk and projections

but with the 22 out there, i believe analysis might actually start playing a larger role instead of hearing opinions from horrible GM's and coaches that couldn't cut it

I'm not sure why the NFL is opposed to giving people tools to better understand the game. What's the downside? That it's easier to see when someone screws up? Not sure how that's a bad thing...

I'm not sure why the NFL is opposed to giving people tools to better understand the game. What's the downside? That it's easier to see when someone screws up? Not sure how that's a bad thing...

It's not about the player analysis from the fans. With all that data out there, it would quickly become evident that officials are intentionally influencing the outcome of games.

analysis? i disagree, the % of stuff you hear on TV that is sports related that is analysis is quite small, most is just talk and projections

but with the 22 out there, i believe analysis might actually start playing a larger role instead of hearing opinions from horrible GM's and coaches that couldn't cut it
I wasn't referring to TV color commentary and studio guys, but rather the footballoutsiders.com-type material. Like how baseball is analysed to death with sabermetrics, including the more recent defensive zone ratings. I can see a bunch of NFL Bill Jameses popping up left and right with All 22 access.

Regards,
Chris

I wasn't referring to TV color commentary and studio guys, but rather the footballoutsiders.com-type material. Like how baseball is analysed to death with sabermetrics, including the more recent defensive zone ratings. I can see a bunch of NFL Bill Jameses popping up left and right with All 22 access.

Regards,
Chris

Seriously (for once) I agree with Chris here. So what if the volume of fan criticism increases? Deal with it. Similar reasoning as the NFL offered could be offered to disallow HDTV and replay.

With 22 access and ubiquitous wireless video displays, fans could access really well presented well documented analysis such as patsfanken, Box-o-Rocks (where IS he?) and AllWorldTightEnd over at the Planet, just to name a few offer. I could see Patsfans offereing a video analysis forum where posters would analyze and others like moi could learn.

Last edited:
Still say its related to financials, like everything else. NFL probably didn't think they would profit enough from it.

In order to keep fans from criticizing players based on the ALL 22 view, they would rather we continue to criticize players based on the incomplete information we have. That makes sense (sarcasm).

Perhaps the real conspiracy theory is that they want to eliminate the possibility of intelligent sports talk radio conversations.

Providing any Joe Shmoe access to the all-22 would basically render NFL television analysts useless. Because face it, so many of those guys are basically dumb, whose only real advantage is THEY have access to that film. If we're all able to view it, who on earth would ever listen to dummies like Merrell Hodge again? Ever? If you do even now?

Providing any Joe Shmoe access to the all-22 would basically render NFL television analysts useless. Because face it, so many of those guys are basically dumb, whose only real advantage is THEY have access to that film. If we're all able to view it, who on earth would ever listen to dummies like Merrell Hodge again? Ever? If you do even now?

Concur.

There are excellent analysts on this very board (the esteemed jays52 comes to mind immediately) who, given the all-22, would render most TV analysts obsolete.

Although I think revenue issues are the number one reason for not releasing the all-22, I think the desire to retain employment on the part of a lot of NFL dead weight is a close second or third.

Last edited:
As much as I'd like to see the All-22, I'd much prefer to see the birds-eye view angling down from above and behind the OL or the DL. What's really missing for me is the sense of distance between the linemen, how the gaps are filled, how stunts and pulls leave guys standing around looking silly. I know you can't see the coverage downfield, but if I had to choose, I'd take that above-and-behind perspective on every play.

And I don't EVER need to see a sideline interview.

As much as I'd like to see the All-22, I'd much prefer to see the birds-eye view angling down from above and behind the OL or the DL. What's really missing for me is the sense of distance between the linemen, how the gaps are filled, how stunts and pulls leave guys standing around looking silly. I know you can't see the coverage downfield, but if I had to choose, I'd take that above-and-behind perspective on every play.

And I don't EVER need to see a sideline interview.

I assume the end zone film, which coaches use for exactly the purposes you state, would be released with the all-22, but who knows.

College and pro football is still very much a good ole boy network. All-22 viewing angles would completely expose terrible coaches who are only there because of their connections.

Bummer I was really looking forward to this....

And I agree that analysis on this very board is better than most of the talking heads that get paid big bucks to analyze. I'm here for info and to learn, and I've learned more in the past few months since joining here than I ever have from them.

Imagine if that videomwas readily available.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes