PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL Week 16 Game Discussions

Jets forum---->

I don't see how fans talking on a forum affects the team. We've already beat Denver, there is no debate as to if we can beat them or not, Seattle is a completely different matchup. Our job is to enjoy the sport, the players need to take it game by game.
No, it doesn't. My point is, why worry/think about a team that you may not even have he opportunity to meet? Of course, it's the fans job to enjoy the sport, but don't you think that's a little bland? And to be honest, if you're discussing matchups X'S and O's, and etc you are "worrying" and doing more than just enjoying the sport. Just, because you beat Denver in the regular season, doesn't mean you'll be able to do it again, and the same applies for teams in the NFC.. I'm discussing other teama, not just the Oats, there's no reason to bring up a Jets fourm

As long as the Pats haven't been eliminated I don't care to see the Cardinals last very long in the postseason. If things go the Pats way I don't want the Pats to play the SB in a true road game...

The Cardinals will be on the road for 3 games first since they are a wild card team, and the chances of getting through that with their piss poor offense are slim to none.

No but, really Fitz would be awesome. Not his best season but he's a smart enough guy that I think he could play here. As long as either LaFell or Fitz could switch between inside and out.

I can't help thinking that if the opportunity presents itself, Fitz may be one of those kinds of experienced professionals (like Revis) that you take a shot with.

One of the bigger challenges is picking up our system, and a guy like Fitz wouldn't have an issue with that. He also is very talented, and gives his all everyday in practice, film study, and on gameday. I don't think there are more than 1-2-3 guys who Belichick would ever consider at 10m+ dollars a year for WR, but I have a hunch that Larry Fitzgerald may be one of them.

That said, it's probably still quite unlikely.

Seattle in great shape to get HFA throughout the playoffs. Not good news for the Pats. Maybe Cowboys have the best chance to knock them off given their ability to dominate the LOS.

I think that no matter what, IF the Pats are fortunate enough to make it, the matchup is probably going to be quite difficult.

A team like Green Bay can go to Seattle and win, but I'm having a difficult time seeing anyone else actually make it. Either team would be a very hard matchup in my opinion.

Dallas, the NFC South winner, Detroit, and Arizona are likely going to be the pretenders in this race, as much as I hope to be proven wrong. If any of these 4 teams would somehow make it and play us, I can't help but feel quite confident. Lots of football between now and then, though.

No, it doesn't. My point is, why worry/think about a team that you may not even have he opportunity to meet? Of course, it's the fans job to enjoy the sport, but don't you think that's a little bland? And to be honest, if you're discussing matchups X'S and O's, and etc you are "worrying" and doing more than just enjoying the sport. Just, because you beat Denver in the regular season, doesn't mean you'll be able to do it again, and the same applies for teams in the NFC.. I'm discussing other teama, not just the Oats, there's no reason to bring up a Jets fourm

we are fans on a football message board discussing a potential matchup with another team. I don't see where the problem is what so ever. I don't see how "discussing"= worrying and even if this was about anxiety, that comes with being a fan. Fans jobs are to enjoy the game, and that comes with a variety of emotions. My point is that we aren't game planning, or looking ahead because we don't participate in the games.

We beat Denver, we've proven that we can beat them. End of discussion. A matchup with Seattle is a different story and its enjoyable for me and others as fans to discuss how we would play them and where we would find success/trouble. We've already seen what happened in the Denver game and if another matchup were to arise we would certainly reopen that discussion, hell we could do it right now itt if we wanted to because we are fans and these are the discussions fans have with other fans.

If you don't see how it comes off for you as a Jets fan telling Patriots fans that they shouldn't be worried about a hypothetical Superbowl matchups and to instead look at other possible hypothetical matchups instead then I don't know what to tell you. Its one thing to come in to another teams board to talk football, its another to talk about what fans of that team should be doing with their time.

Late to the Sunday night game, but something the Cardinals were doing didn't make sense to me:

A couple of times, when it was still 14-3, Arizona faced a 3rd and short. They lined up to run the ball and then had a receiver come in motion and line up next to the lineman at the end of the line. (I'll work on using "line" more in that sentence.) The defensive back for Seattle followed the receiver. At the snap, the receiver for Arizona blocked down, helping out the lineman. The defensive back for Seattle ran around him and helped bring down the running back short of the first down. On the first play like this, it was Fitzgerald in motion and Sherman making the tackle. On the second one, it was #12 for Arizona and one of the Seattle safeties helped make the tackle.

To my uneducated eye, if the receivers blocked "their" men, they would have prevented them from being involved in those plays, but they never even looked at them. Is it a question of play design? Do the AZ coaches believe the running back would hit the line before the defensive back could get to him? It just seemed like bringing the receiver in motion was putting another defender near the line and then not blocking them invited them to make a play, which they did.

I don't think converting those plays into first downs would have made a difference in the game. AZ still would have been close to midfield and still needed Lindley to make plays.There's probably a sound reason behind it, but the strategy on those plays escaped me.

Cardinals? I'd be more worried about seattle. They're the Jets with a better qb and better dbs.

The playoffs are always a lottery, having said that I like our chances against every major team except Seattle. That will be a brutal sb and we would need a career day from Brady to win.

I m also a bit worried about trap games like eg Baltimore or Cinci and much less worried about the Steelers, Indy and Denver.

That will be a brutal sb and we would need a career day from Brady to win.

Why? And why would Brady have to have a career day? The Pats defense is more than capable of holding Seattle to 13-16 points. Which then Brady would only have to score 14-17.

The Seahawks D is great! However offensively they just don't scare me! I'm not sure about Brady having to have a career day for the Pats to beat them. He will have to play a lot smarter though. If the Pats does make it to the SB and plays Seattle I would love to see the D's gameplan! Still and all there's a ton of football left to be played! There will most likely be an upset or 2! It will be World War III in the postseason!

Why? And why would Brady have to have a career day? The Pats defense is more than capable of holding Seattle to 13-16 points. Which then Brady would only have to score 14-17.

Agree. The cardinals played like crap. Why try to make your backup to the backup QB throw the ball like they did. Guts maybe, but stupid. Not even Rex would try to do that.

Also, that defense was crappy as well. They let wilson run all over them and the gave him single coverage all over the place. That game was another example of teams trying to do what they do but should not. Why blitz like that?

Not saying I think the Pats would wipe the floor with Seattle but I don't think they would have that sort of game plan. The coaching difference between Belichick and every one else was on full display last night.

Yep. Seattle is the nfc sb participant. Brady though has been the one to do the best passing against that secondary and that was in Seattle.

Agreed, and I think our offense matches up reasonably well.

Lafell- great season, great surprise, see you in 2015. Enjoy your SB vacation on Sherman.
Edelman- matched up with Maxwell. A plus matchup for julian who i think could beat him often.
Gronk- Gates destroyed Seattle's D. Gronk will have a plus matchup and be the x-factor.

We can afford to put our #1 outside WR on Sherman since he's our 3rd option anyway.

Brady may be the only QB with the arm strength/decision making/field vision to attack that D. If the OL came to play, I'd like our O's chances.

Defensively, we'd be facing probably the greatest dual-threat QB in NFL history. I hope BB would finally draw up a good gameplan vs. a mobile QB. Ninkovich is a zone read destroyer so he'd be an x-factor.

Seriously, if Goodell wants a competitive SB, he should think of rigging the AFCCG. Manning's week 21 arm strength vs Seattle may be worse than last year's SB.

Pats vs. Seattle would be a heck of a game.

we are fans on a football message board discussing a potential matchup with another team. I don't see where the problem is what so ever. I don't see how "discussing"= worrying and even if this was about anxiety, that comes with being a fan. Fans jobs are to enjoy the game, and that comes with a variety of emotions. My point is that we aren't game planning, or looking ahead because we don't participate in the games.

We beat Denver, we've proven that we can beat them. End of discussion. A matchup with Seattle is a different story and its enjoyable for me and others as fans to discuss how we would play them and where we would find success/trouble. We've already seen what happened in the Denver game and if another matchup were to arise we would certainly reopen that discussion, hell we could do it right now itt if we wanted to because we are fans and these are the discussions fans have with other fans.

If you don't see how it comes off for you as a Jets fan telling Patriots fans that they shouldn't be worried about a hypothetical Superbowl matchups and to instead look at other possible hypothetical matchups instead then I don't know what to tell you. Its one thing to come in to another teams board to talk football, its another to talk about what fans of that team should be doing with their time.
I'm not "telling" other fans what to do, I'm simply stating my own and opinions /thoughts.

But we're just going to agree to disagree here.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Back