PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: NFL Network back on Comcast!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bertil

Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job
Reaction score
Just buzzing around the dial and it was on. NBA and NHL Networks too, for those interested...

The hell with Comcast. I finally switched to Verizon FIOS and, as a Pats fan, would never go back to the corportion that bribed Senator Specter to sic the Patriots.

I agree with shmessy. After the way Senator Comcast used the Pats as a political pawn a year ago, every Pats fan should be subscribing to some other service.

For fans elsewhere, Time Warner, BrightHouse and other primary cable companies tend to follow Comcast's lead so those hopefully for those of you with one of those cable companies you'll be getting NFLN soon as well.

The hell with Comcast. I finally switched to Verizon FIOS and, as a Pats fan, would never go back to the corportion that bribed Senator Specter to sic the Patriots.

I dumped Comcast last month for Direct TV and the NFL Ticket - Gotta say, Direct TV has the most amazing HD out there. If you can switch now.

I dumped Comcast last month for Direct TV and the NFL Ticket - Gotta say, Direct TV has the most amazing HD out there. If you can switch now.

You will feel like a kid on Christmas morning week 1,especially since the Pats don't play on Sunday. Red Zone channel, shows real time highlights and big plays......

When we moved into our house I told my wife to do whatever she wanted as long as I got a satellite dish and basketball backboard in the driveway....We got Sunday ticket in '98 and I have no regrets......

Last edited:
You will feel like a kid on Christmas morning week 1,especially since the Pats don't play on Sunday. Red Zone channel, shows real time highlights and big plays......

Yea, man! Can't wait!! Got the Supa Fan package too - All the games in HD.

Yea, man! Can't wait!! Got the Supa Fan package too - All the games in HD.

How good is the high def? Freeze frame the DVR and you can read the OC's play card when he covers his mouth!!!

Just buzzing around the dial and it was on. NBA and NHL Networks too, for those interested...

You need a Digital Premium level of service to get NFLN on Comcast.

Thank you Senator Specter, may I have another?

How good is the high def? Freeze frame the DVR and you can read the OC's play card when he covers his mouth!!!

Careful...that might construe "cheating" in the minds of the media if it got out that it could be done.

You need a Digital Premium level of service to get NFLN on Comcast.

Thank you Senator Specter, may I have another?

They will be dropping it down to Digital Classic tier as of tomorrow(August 1st).

Last edited:
I finally had enough of Comcast, too... went over to Direct TV with the Sunday Ticket (max package)... VERY happy with the switch already... and the season hasn't even started yet!

I would switch to DirecTV but everytime a single cloud rolls in, the signal goes out.

And, to stay on topic, I've had Comcast all along (they sort of have a monopoly around these parts) and have never lost the NFL Network.

We got the NFL Ticket as well and My father has three HDTVs (one big one) in the football den and one pretty nice old Tube TV.

We only have two dish boxes in the Den the other TVs have basic cable. We play the two network games on the basic cable and than chose our favorite two from the ticket and get four games going. Great stuff except believe it or not you still wind up with quad commercials more often than you would think.

We don't put anything on the other TVs when the Pats are on.

Us cheapskates with Comcast Digital Starter ($62.25 for me, enough for TV to Comcast) do not get NFLN

yep satellite def worth it, nfl network is great

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes