PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT:NFL Films presents, Dr Z.

Superb piece, I've watched it three times. They should have done an hour on him.

Concur. He was the one, single absolutely "must read" commentator for me each week.

Wow! That was a great piece. Thank you for posting it.

I got into reading NFL stuff weekly because of him.

Nice piece, and well written-spoken.

But just wondering.... if he cant read, write, or speak how do we know that story is actually his thoughts-what he would /wants to say?

One of my prouder moments as a sports fan was having Dr. Z answer my e-mail on the SI site back in the 90's. It was after one of his weekly Power Rankings and I questioned why he had the Pats so low, and why the Chiefs were ahead of them even though the Pats had beat the Chiefs. I was pretty surprised to open the SI site the next day and to see that mine was one of the e-mails he responded to.

I agree. An outstanding story.

I expect he selected some material and they wrote a segment based on his wife's input/approval. The "flaming redhead" was frequently discussed in his articles as a sounding board.

Nice piece, and well written-spoken.

But just wondering.... if he cant read, write, or speak how do we know that story is actually his thoughts-what he would /wants to say?

I thought about this and my thinking is that they may have gone through, perhaps even sentence by sentence, read it to him, and then asked if it had his approval. Since he can answer "yes" and "no", I imagine they could get through it, even if it would be a bit tedious.

As MassPat alluded to, I'm sure Linda had a lot of input as well.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back