Welcome to PatsFans.com

OT: New York Jets vs. Miami Dolphins

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by NewYorkJets1993, Oct 12, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NewYorkJets1993

NewYorkJets1993 Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

What are your thoughts on this game? Do you want Miami to win? Do you want a 3-3 tie?

Let's hear it.

I think Jets slow wildcat, and running game, and get to Henne. Henne will get sacked a few times and probably a pick or 2. He will not know what hit him with this defense.

On offense, I expect NY to attack with Keller over the middle (see Dallas Clark), and Braylon and Cotch will get the ball too. Now that we have a receiving threat, the run game will open a bit more. If the Jets were smart they'd give the ball to Leon a lot more than Jones. All in all, I predict a Jets win. 24-9
  2. Phokus

Phokus Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Re: New York Jets vs. Miami Dolphins

Obviously we want the dolphins to win, they're going nowhere
  3. NewYorkJets1993

NewYorkJets1993 Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I figured as much.
  4. fair catch fryar

fair catch fryar Rookie

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0

No Jersey Selected

I hope, but doubt, Miami stomps Sanchez into the ground and he has another horrible week and Sanchez loses his swagger thus beginning another slow drain down the toilet bowl for the Jets season. Seriously though, I picked the Jets in all of my pools this week so I figure they'll win, but won't mind losing because of the Dolphins.
  5. Sean Pa Patriot

Sean Pa Patriot Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

Miami needs to win since we did not play them yet..
  6. KontradictioN

KontradictioN Do you even lift? PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +927 / 24 / -44

No Jersey Selected

I'm not sure you guys can keep Taylor, Porter, and Wake off of Sanchez. It might be a long night for the greasy boy wonder...
  7. Northside

Northside Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Jets get Calvin Pace back and Edwards will lengthen the field to allow a more effective running game. Miami will need to control most of the clock to have any chance.
    Last edited: Oct 12, 2009
  8. NewYorkJets1993

NewYorkJets1993 Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

How about a long night for Chad 2.0? He got sacked six times by the juggernaut that is the Buffalo defense. And the Jets get Pace back this week. Miami will look dreadful on offense. Make no mistake.

As long as Sanchez doesn't have another "rookie game" the Jets should be fine tonight.
  9. KontradictioN

KontradictioN Do you even lift? PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +927 / 24 / -44

No Jersey Selected

Oh I know what the Jets defense is going to do to them. I just don't think the Jets offense is going to light up the scoreboard either. As I said, they don't have anybody that can stop all three of those guys. I don't know who this Wake guy is that the Dolphins got and where they got him, but he is a beast in the pass rush.
  10. NewYorkJets1993

NewYorkJets1993 Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Good post. One thing to worry about from a Jet fan POV is in fact the Phins pass rush. The OLine so far this year hasn't looked as good as last year in run or pass protection. I hope they get their **** together tonight.

The Bills OLine is very young and inexperienced. The Colts OLine held the pass rush in check, and Manning was able to easily complete all of his throws. Also, if Sanchez gets good protection, he will pick apart the mediocre Dolphins secondary. Huge game for the OLine tonight. For both teams.
    Last edited: Oct 12, 2009
  11. A Dark Day in NE

A Dark Day in NE Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

i don't know, we have some weapons now after aquiring braylon. you have to take him into account, it should open up some things. but im hoping to see a heavy dose of shonne greene today, hes our future back. i'm telling you guys he's the real deal!
  12. dipset617x540

dipset617x540 Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

LETS GO WILDCAT .the only thing that will help that team win
  13. Garbanza

Garbanza Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Jets should win easy - 24 to 7. However, I am rooting for the upset, and would delight in it.
  14. Afterlifemobile-86

Afterlifemobile-86 Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

I don't know why but I have a good feeling that Miami will up end the Jets. Maybe because it's at home or maybe it's because it's a prime time game.
  15. NewYorkJets1993

NewYorkJets1993 Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Did you catch the Colts-Phins game? Being at home and in primetime did nothing for them.
  16. gmtaxi27

gmtaxi27 Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

If we want a chance for the division we need Miami to win this game.
    Look at the Jets schedule the rest of the way.

at Miami
    Buffalo
    at Oakland
    Miami
    Bye
    Jax
    at New England
    Carolina
    at Buffalo
    at Tampa
    Atlanta
    at Indy
    Cincy

If they win tonight, they are probably going to be 8-1 before they play us. Which means even if we beat them (which won't be easy) they will still have a lead in the division.

They then have 3 more layups.

They could be 11-2, before 3 tough games to end the season, which 2 are at home.

This game tonight is bigger than we realize. I honest believe if the Jets win, we will probably be fighting for a wildcard.
  17. AFPatsFan12

AFPatsFan12 Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

From a Patriots' standpoint, Miami has to win this game... a Dolphin win ensures that the Patriots can own any division tiebreakers by taking care of the rest of their division games (a big task, of course). Plus, the Jets are feasting on cupcakes much of the rest of this season. They can very easily get to 12-4/13-3 if they can get this one tonight...
  18. fair catch fryar

fair catch fryar Rookie

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0

No Jersey Selected

:confused:Yes it did. Miami almost beat a superior team. Peyton Manning is 10x the QB Mark Sanchez is and it took his skills to pull that game out. If Miami puts up the same effort they WILL beat the Jets.
  19. Sanchize

Sanchize Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I think the only chance Miami has to win this game is if they can score some points on defense. Which is definitely not out of the realm of possibility as we saw last week. I just can't see Miami's offense doing much of anything against the Jets defense, but as Chris Berman says that's why they play the games.
  20. wdkantro2

wdkantro2 Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Jets need to stop that run. Miami is very, very good at running the ball in the wildcat. If they can control the ball, it will make things difficult for the Jets offense. The Jets will score 17-21, which will probably be enough to win. Miami, outside of their running game, just isn't that good.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.