PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: New streaming option by Directv

Status
Not open for further replies.
That type of service has already been available for 2 years, no? Slingtv?

Does SlingTV have 100 channels?

I can't go to the slingtv site. It geo-blocks non US ip's. You'll have to do that yourself. Sorry.

Sling has like 25 channels right? Not sure.

49 is the most.

But around 15 of them are crappy, irrelevant channels.

Anyway, the Guide for Sling isn't very good (on the computer app at least).

I looked at SlingTV. For us, it was a crap sandwich.

Without the bread. LOL (YMMV) ;)

I got the 7-day trial of Sling so I could watch the premiere of "The Walking Dead" before the internet could screw it up for me.

I just wanted to share that with y'all. Carry on!

I looked at SlingTV. For us, it was a crap sandwich.

Without the bread. LOL (YMMV) ;)

SlingTV has all the BSPN channels so that's strike 1. Strikes 2 AND 3 for me is that you can watch it on ONE DEVICE ONLY. No cheating, if you want to watch on your phone, you can't turn on your TV and watch it also. Taking yout phone to watch it? Well don't take your tablet too because you can't do that either. It's like a jail sentence.

@Wheelman...

tumblr_mip5j7ikzf1retsz1o1_500.gif

;)

No, but Playstation Vue does. $45/mo. No extra fees, no taxes, no contracts, multiple streams, and it includes live CBS, NESN, and CSN along with ESPN/NFLN (boo! hiss!!) and many other channels. Saves about $100 month over Directv satellite and ZERO channels with infomercials. It's okay on Roku (under developed app at this time, but the video is still very good) but it really shines with Amazon's Fire TV (not the Fire stick).

Never trust Directv to do anything without some kind of hidden fees. I'd call them pond sucking scumbags, but that would be an insult to pond sucking scumbags.

Last edited:
SlingTV has all the BSPN channels so that's strike 1. Strikes 2 AND 3 for me is that you can watch it on ONE DEVICE ONLY. No cheating, if you want to watch on your phone, you can't turn on your TV and watch it also. Taking yout phone to watch it? Well don't take your tablet too because you can't do that either. It's like a jail sentence.

I like PS Vue way better than sling, but Sling does have a package that allows 3 simultaneous streams now. These companies are evolving rapidly to outdo one another. Consumers are the winner no matter what.

And no, I don't work for Sony... I just hate cable/satellite companies and how they screw over everyday people.

Here's a link to PS Vue for the Boston area. Check it out yourself! PlayStation Vue

Sling only had like one Pats game on it this year.

I'm guessing DirectTV will still require the $200+ Season Ticket option for football.

FWIW, being able to stream my DirectTV account over Roku was a blessing whilst on vacation this year in a hotel. I could still watch the Patriots play away from home. I have the full service DirectTV for what it is worth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back