PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: New Look on the Herald Sports Page

Status
Not open for further replies.

JoeSixPat

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
Don't know if others have commented on it...but while the Herald Sports page has a nice bold new look, there's far too much advertising and not enough print for my taste:

Ironically my tendency will now be to go right to the printable page, bypassing ALL ads

For example - check out this AFC preview article that goes on an incredible 17+ pages thanks to so little writing and so much advertising

http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/football/other_nfl/view.bg?articleid=1028842

now check out the printable page for ease of reading

http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/football/other_nfl/view.bg?articleid=1028842&format=text

If these folks want some constructive feedback, ads and supplemental information is fine, but when there's about 60 words to a page online readers aren't going to have much tolerance for that, and they're shooting themselves in the foot advertising wise

Yeah, it looks like crap. I guess they're trying to find the best way to make money in an era when newspapers are increasingly irrelevant.

Where is the blog "The Point After"? I can't seem to locate it and it is prolly right there in front of me. Help!

It's on the righthand side, a big-ish button for it, scroll down a bit on the football page.

Where is the blog "The Point After"? I can't seem to locate it and it is prolly right there in front of me. Help!
Up at the top there's a link to "BLOGS" to the right of "News & Opinion", "Sports", etc.

I know it may seem I'm somehow pimping all things Herald lately, but I think the new look is fine. I admittedly know a lot less than you guys about graphics and stuff, but it seems pretty good to me. What are the objections?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back