PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: NEUTRAL arbitrator overturns Goondell Suspension of Texans LT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Goodell overturned this ruling ? It says Neutral arbitrator. I thought it was deemed Goodell was neutral.

Didn't Goodell says that he likened Brady's guilt to taking PEDs, can anyone confirm that. Or was it eating Beef steak.

Good. The more confusion there is over the judicial rulings on Goodell's authority the more likely this will go en banc or to the Supreme's.

how many player issues has goodell acted as arbitrator?

He did. Vincent handed down the punishment and Goodell has no dog in this fight in his quest for integrity. Er wait no Vincent can't hand down the punishment he uh..well yeah don't worry about it integrity.
Ted Wells took care of the "integrity" part, so they're OK.
Best integrity money can buy!

Goodell overturned this ruling ? It says Neutral arbitrator. I thought it was deemed Goodell was neutral.
Any arbitration not done by Goodell should be deemed invalid in my opinion. I'm crossing my fingers he's the next Supereme Court Justice.

Any arbitration not done by Goodell should be deemed invalid in my opinion. I'm crossing my fingers he's the next Supereme Court Justice.

Well that thought pretty much ruins an otherwise fine day.

Well since ****-brick decided that deflating footballs is equivalent to steroid-use it should have gone to a neutral arbitrator as well.

These nitwits have as much logic as a 2 year old. Come to think of it, when my kids were 2 they had more logic than the NFL.
These guys aren't quite as dumb as you think. The are just flat out liars. To be a good liar, you need a good memory or the lies just start to snowball . They keep lying over and over to fit their agenda. They're much worse than dumb,They are criminals

Last edited:
Gee, a neutral third-party observing the facts of the case determines that the NFL was out of line in its punishment. Color me shocked.

same thing would of happened to tom but goodell is a douchebag with a agenda. i hate this corrupt league.

These guys aren't quite as dumb as you think. The are just flat out liars. To be a good liar, you need a good memory or the lies just start to snowball . The keep lying over and over to fit their agenda. They're much worse than dumb,They are criminals

I agree. I also think that they are idiots because they only see the short view and they lack common sense in a number of areas.

Maybe the refs gave Brady Mexican footballs. Or better yet, the footballs were made from Mexican pigs that were fed steak and burgers....yea that's it....or maybe they tested samples of the meat under various weather conditions then destroyed those results too. Things that make ya go Hmm....

Why does everyone except Brady get a neutral arbitrator ? Oh wait, don't answer that...we all know why !

this is actually the kind of hyperbole that gets pats fans a bad rap

he had a neutral arbitrator -- it was goodell

this is actually the kind of hyperbole that gets pats fans a bad rap

he had a neutral arbitrator -- it was goodell

Is my sarcasm detector broken?

So let me get this straight:
- Goodell has Vincent determine/hand-down the punishment so Goodell can be a 'neutral arbitrator'
- It's pointed out that under the CBA, matters of "integrity of the game" can only be punished by the Commissioner. Goodell changes his tune to "I approved Vincent's punishment... but I was still a 'neutral arbitrator'
- Goodell says he viewed the unproven-accusation akin to steroids and structured the punishment accordingly
- With PEDs, Goodell is once again disqualified from being arbitrator as he isn't a third-party
- Next: Another lie or backtrack from Goodell to make it all OK

• Agree
Reactions: eom
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey