PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT NESN blacking out the Bruins game again

Status
Not open for further replies.

festy1986

Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal
Reaction score
Someone please tell me why Direct tv is blacking out a payed channel?

I realize this is way off topic, but when I googled it NESN says they only black out games outside of there region and here in Maine the last I checked I've always been able to watch the channel and the games.

This is the second time, I let last night slide because it wasn't worth watching by time I tuned in.

Well down here in Portland I get this message, same one two nights in a row.

This program is not available in your area. (727)

Wgaff?..........

Unless you LIVE in New England or have paid for NHL Center Ice, NESN will be blocked out for any Bruins game because that is how the contract is written. The same goes for the Red Sox. They are blacked out on NESN unless you live in New England or have MLB Extra Innings.

I found that out the hard way when I had DirecTV 5 years ago.

festy1986 said:
Well down here in Portland I get this message, same one two nights in a row.

This program is not available in your area. (727)

That usually means it being broadcast on the NHL's network. Look for the Outdoor Life Network. They are probably showing it there.

I know that it's on NESN here, in the south of Maine, and if I gave a **** I could watch it. But, I'd rather watch flies mating on the Animal Planet.

What ever happened to Roller-derby?

Last edited:
PATSNUTme said:
I know that it's on NESN here, in the south of Maine, and if I gave a **** I could watch it. But, I'd rather watch flies mating on the Animal Planet.

What ever happened to Roller-derby?
Try channel 770, the NHL is free for a week or two to all.

Ok this is incredible, I can't get the game on my local network, but I can get it on Fox Sports Florida.

I know when new seasons begin for each sport, other then football Directv give you the first week or so of games free on the networks they are brodcast on.

Wished I knew this last night, and I hope this is the reason. I don't feel ike searching for the Bruins game every night, hard enough to want to watch them now anyways.

PATSNUTme said:
Toss up between Fast Times at Ridgemont High on VH1 or the Tenn @ Georgia game on ESPN for me.

That channel worked but I already found it on 635.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes