PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Need help with Fantasy Football

Status
Not open for further replies.

D-cleater

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
Hey guys, can anyone help with some last minute FF advice / resources? I agreed to jump in at the last minute but I've never played this. Draft is tomorrow

Some questions:

Do you guys like the Pats D this year? ( notwithstanding the uncertainty at ILB). I think our DB's will get a lot of INT's this year, and Tedi will be back to get a few of his own. Even w/o Rodney , starting with the same 4 we had back there last year.... I feel good about it.

Is Brady a top 10 pick on most boards?

Any sleeper RB picks?

How about Watson as TE?

thanks! ( If it makes a difference, I am playing against mostly Denver Donkey fans here in CO.)

Thanks NEM, Obviously it'd be more fun to pick our players rather than have to face them!

I was thinking that Maroney and Faulk would be taking a lot of carries from Dillon, but you're right about the TD's. I might take him second if I get a shot at one of the LT - LJ - SA's or maybe after a Tiki Barber or Cadillac Williams. I really haven't had much time to research this however. Wish me luck against these turds!

D-cleater said:
Thanks NEM, Obviously it'd be more fun to pick our players rather than have to face them!

I was thinking that Maroney and Faulk would be taking a lot of carries from Dillon, but you're right about the TD's. I might take him second if I get a shot at one of the LT - LJ - SA's or maybe after a Tiki Barber or Cadillac Williams. I really haven't had much time to research this however. Wish me luck against these turds!

I'd go LJ over LT this year. . .strickly speaking, his gimmick plays (i.e. passing for TDs) won't earn you any points.

LJ and Tiki won me my league last year.

I have to disagree with NEM. Brady is a top 10 pick in most leagues. . .he's #2 in fantasy behind Manning (obviously, they don't take away points for choking), especially after his numbers last season. He was #1 in points at the QB slot in our league last year. I expect his stats to be down a bit this year due to the improvement in the running game, but he'll still be Mr. Solid.

Brady is the #2 QB in fantasy this year, but I wouldn't take him until at least pick 18 or later. I got him in the third round (pick #28) in my draft.

Yes to all of the above.

Sleeper RB-Chester Taylor Minnesota

Another possible sleeper - Frank Gore RB 49ers

I got him in like 10th or 11th round in my draft, he could have a pretty solid season

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes