PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT -- Need a BIG favor from someone in Boston

Status
Not open for further replies.

thechris

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone would be kind enough to send me a copy of the Boston Globe the Monday after the Patriots win the Super Bowl. I live in Dallas and obviously will have a hard time obtaining a copy. Just send me a private message and we can arrange the details.

And Ian, you may delete this if it's considered spamming.

Sure, Chris, I'll do it.
But they post everything on their website:
http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/

Not quite the same. I understand where he's coming from, not living in Boston myself.

I have a friend who sends me all the Globes from big sports events. I have the 2004 Wold Series paper framed on my wall, as well as the ones from the Patriots Super Bowls.

Most big chain-style book stores carry newspapers from other US cities, and even other countries.

Places like Borders, Barnes & Nobles, etc. have them, usually near the periodicals.

Most big chain-style book stores carry newspapers from other US cities, and even other countries.

Places like Borders, Barnes & Nobles, etc. have them, usually near the periodicals.

Gotta agree...it's where I'll be heading Monday down here on Long Island.

Interesting. I wonder if the Barnes & Noble here in Dallas carries the Globe. Will have to check into that.

Thanks everyone!

Interesting. I wonder if the Barnes & Noble here in Dallas carries the Globe. Will have to check into that.

Thanks everyone!

My experience with that is that they don't really get any more copies for big out-of-town events like that. So on the day after the game, if I go down to my local Barnes and Noble it's quite possible other New England fans in the area will have thought the same thing and scooped them up. That's why I have a friend who sends them to me.

You can order copies directly from the Globe and Herald as well.

Geezum, I'll already promised I'd send him a copy. You need one too SoCalBong?

Think this is something I might have to look into should we win when I come over to Boston in March :cool:

Why would you want the Globe?

They will lead off with front page coverage of the Red Sox equipment vans being packed for spring training. Then there will be a story or two about Clemens/steroids. Then a juicy feature about Manny Ramirez' kid's nanny who speaks five languages fluently.

By time you get to the bottom of the page there will be some blurb about the Patriots winning the NFL Championship.........with a next page feature on how Dustin Pedroia watched the game.

Why would you want the Globe?

They will lead off with front page coverage of the Red Sox equipment vans being packed for spring training. Then there will be a story or two about Clemens/steroids. Then a juicy feature about Manny Ramirez' kid's nanny who speaks five languages fluently.

By time you get to the bottom of the page there will be some blurb about the Patriots winning the NFL Championship.........with a next page feature on how Dustin Pedroia watched the game.

If the Pats win, none of the NY-owned newspapers will carry the story....oh, wait, right.....gotcha.

I need one of the Boston Herald. I have the front covers from each of their last 3 SB's. I have been waiting to have them all framed if the event that we won this years SB. If anyone can send me a copy, please send me a pm. Thanks.

If some enterprising member of the board wants to earn some $$ by sending copies of the newspapers to us out of towners, count me in.....

I am next to positive there are some speciality magazine stores or newpaper joints in your town that will carry the Globe.

I live in Halifax and there is one or two down the street that sell the Globe, so I assuming that in the various other US cities, you would be able to get it.

I am next to positive there are some speciality magazine stores or newpaper joints in your town that will carry the Globe.

It's harder than you might think. I once spent an afternoon calling all over the Boston area to try to get a copy of the Chicago Tribune with no success. Even Out of Town News only carried the Sunday edition.

After the 2004 world series, I went to Boston.com (Globe) sports and they had an order the famous "Finally" edition option. I think it cost $2 or $3, and the paper showed up within a couple of weeks, very securely wrapped.

If some enterprising member of the board wants to earn some $$ by sending copies of the newspapers to us out of towners, count me in.....

I live in boston.

Ok guys , how about 7 dollars per copy via Paypal?

is it too much ?

Send me a pm with your info .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back