PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: NBC pre-game show

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrewWho?

On the Roster
Reaction score
what do you guys think? so far not bad, especially the games highlights... though, S. Sharpe is annoying as usual.

Also, not too much Manning balls licking yet.

Sharpe also just booked the Jets winning next week

a little too flashy with the graphics and all but overall it seems to be fine. i liked nfl primetime better though , only 2 people and there were a lot more highlights than what they are showing here.

SVN said:
a little too flashy with the graphics and all but overall it seems to be fine. i liked nfl primetime better though , only 2 people and there were a lot more highlights than what they are showing here.

true. NBC show is a different animal from Primetime. Costas and Co are trying to be entertaining, rather than let the highlights to entertain the viewers..

RhodyPatFan said:
Sharpe also just booked the Jets winning next week

Sharpe just cited an end-around play by the Seahawks as a "season saving play." Someone tell Shannon that it is week 1.

BradfordPatsFan said:
Sharpe just cited an end-around play by the Seahawks as a "season saving play." Someone tell Shannon that it is week 1.

ROFL, I just heard that as well! Hyberbole much, Shannon?

ESPN's was more informative. I miss Chris Berman. Otherwise it was better than I thought it would be. I'm not a Bob Costas fan, he's too much of a smart aleck.

Bob G

I'm maintaining my perfect record over decades of never having wasted time watching ANY pre-game shows.

So is Primetime gone for good? Is ESPN going to run it on Thursday nights or something? For me, I'm glad that NBC has this Football in America show since I don't have cable. But, I loved Primetime; Chris Berman was always excellent.

PatsWickedPissah said:
I'm maintaining my perfect record over decades of never having wasted time watching ANY pre-game shows.

It's as much or more a wrapup/highlights show as a pregame show... though it certainly had more pregame elements than ESPN's PrimeTime 7PM edition had.

I find the name "Football Night in America" unbelievably pretentious... NBC negotiated a deal that gives them an exclusive on highlights so they can get away with that attitude since people have no alternatives.

Pink singing that intro was ghastly. I hope they dont do that every week.

I thought the whole show was abysmal for all sorts of reasons. The two journos trying too hard to be funny or clever and failing, the ex-players largely either incoherent or banal. They're also trying too cover too much too fast, so there's no time to say anything worthwhile about anything.

Awful, awful, awful.

Sunqueen212 said:
So is Primetime gone for good? Is ESPN going to run it on Thursday nights or something? For me, I'm glad that NBC has this Football in America show since I don't have cable. But, I loved Primetime; Chris Berman was always excellent.

Right now ESPN is showing "NFL Blitz" with Berman and Jackson, essentially Primetime renamed (since it's no longer in Primetime). Oddly, it doesn't show up in the TV listings, maybe because it needs to wait until the NBC game is over so the exact time isn't known.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Back