PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Name next Saturday's "Rematch Bowl"

Status
Not open for further replies.

PatSunday

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
Next Saturday, Dallas has its second game in a row against the Eagles, and Cincy has the second one in a row against the Jets.

Green Bay and Arizona played today and play each other next week also. We could call the the Back-to Back bowls.

i wonder if this is the first time that's ever happened. i was just talking to my wife about this earlier....

I'm looking forward to Arizona/Green Bay the most.

I think Eagles/Cowboys is a blowout, and I'm not interested in the Bengals or Jets.

Next Saturday, Dallas has its second game in a row against the Eagles, and Cincy has the second one in a row against the Jets.

I dont know if you remember the movie preview announcer guy on a Geico commercial a couple years back but the sound byte of him saying "this time, ITS FOR REAL!!" would be appropriate.

I agree, this has got to be a record year - 3 of the 4 games are rematches of the final week of the regular season; and 2 of those 3 are at the same field. Plus the one that isn't a rematch of the past week is still a rematch of a game earlier this season.

The funniest thing is if Oakland had beated Baltimore all 4 games would have been repeat games

The funniest thing is if Oakland had beated Baltimore all 4 games would have been repeat games

Great point, Vegas. Baltimore only beat Oakland by a touchdown, right? Wow. Every game next week is a rematch of this week's, except that Ravens beat out Houston for the chance to play the Patriots.

I was THRILLED to see the Cowboys thump the Eagles to win the NFCE title(and keep Philly from getting that #2 seed), but at the same time, Philly just looked TERRIBLE. McNabb was OFF, his receivers were either dropping passes or running bad routes, penalties doomed them(i.e. the Jason Peters personal foul one late in the 1st half costed them a chance to put points on the board), their DC spent most of the 1st half playing soft zones, and then when he started dialing up blitzes, they started working, but it was too little too late, etc.

The minute I saw their punting unit misuse a TO b/c they didn't have the personnel on the field, I figured they weren't ready to play. This is very unusual b/c Andy Reid's teams late in the year always rise to the occasion.

With that being said - expect Sat's Eagles/Cowboys game to be MUCH different - McNabb will at least play decently, Jackson and Maclin won't be dropping any more passes, their backup center Nick Cole(who had a costly bad snap in the last game) likely has settled down(in all fairness, aside from that bad snap, he actually played well), and their DC will likely call blitz after blitz.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back