PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: My pick for the NFC - the Giants

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I'm picking the Giants despite all the negativity from the rest of the analysts around the league who think they're done. The Giants are magic; they are never done. They are just ready to "flip the switch" because that's what they do. The switch is under their total control. Tom Couglin does not have ulcerated spleen and colon, he just looks like it to fool everybody. They rope-a-dope the league through the regular season but always flip that switch at the end. Works like a Swiss Watch. What time is it? Giants football time.

And once they flip that switch they can't lose. The past dictates the future. They did it before so obviously they will do it again. No sense in even lining up against them; just hand them the trophy.

If you doubt what I'm saying then be advised that JPP not only sacks QBs with his mind power, but he can revive a dead team from its grave. He is the master occultist with powers beyond those of mortal OL who oppose him. No QB has ever survived his assaults unless JPP just allowed it while he rope-a-doped his way to another trophy. Some called his team-building exercise during camp an assault on a teammate, a humiliation of a teammate, but the results are plain to see: Great team building by a man mature beyond his years.

BTW, anybody know what time their game comes on?

Ahhh what? :confused:

Happy new years, I think the op is talking about post superbowl.

Unfortunately for them, the post-season MVP for them, Kyle Williams, went on season-ending IR so he's not around to help them get back to the big dance again.

Le sad.

Happy new years, I think the op is talking about post superbowl.

Nah, irony. Taking a dig at the Pats' SB nemesis.

I applaud the effort to an extent. The G-men seem to have gone all Drew Brees in believing their own press clippings, thinking they could turn it on at will. Blew up in their face and I can't say I'm sorry their season is done. Still, it's not quite as fun talking smack about a team that has killed our title dreams twice in five years. Well, maybe we'll see them in SB 50.

bitter they beat us I see. :rolleyes:

Hilarious post.

People on this forum really can't pick up on sarcasm.

Excellent!

Laugh if you will, but this is the type of analysis you might actually hear from Deion Sanders and Marshall Faulk, if their little earpieces were to go out and the smart people would be unable to communicate with them while they are on the air!

Last edited:
Great post. I heard Justin Tuck is looking to fill out his foursome.
ny_u_tuckj_576.jpg

Still amazes me that people said Coughlin > BB and Eli > Brady because of 2 games.

This is why you don't make judgements off of the last few weeks or even the last few years. When it comes consistent success BB and Brady are untouchable even today. One or two more rings and all that talk will officially be put to rest.

Still amazes me that people said Coughlin > BB and Eli > Brady because of 2 games.

This is why you don't make judgements off of the last few weeks or even the last few years. When it comes consistent success BB and Brady are untouchable even today. One or two more rings and all that talk will officially be put to rest.

Even without another Lombardi.

First 16-0 regular season.
135 wins as HC/QB combo (so far)
Four 14-win seasons
Seven 12-win seasons
.727 playoff record

In the salary-cap era no one else comes close to that kind of consistently high level of performance.

Last edited:
Even without another Lombardi.

First 16-0 regular season.
135 wins as HC/QB combo (so far)
Four 14-win seasons
Seven 12-win seasons
.727 playoff record

In the salary-cap era, no one else comes close to that kind of consistently high level of performance.

Or consistently gets every other team's "A" game as their own Superbowl.

No one comes in flat against the Pats.

IMO, it's NY bias with a helping of Patriots hate. :spygate:

Nice! Maybe they will come back against the pats again.

I'm picking the Giants despite all the negativity from the rest of the analysts around the league who think they're done. The Giants are magic; they are never done. They are just ready to "flip the switch" because that's what they do. The switch is under their total control. Tom Couglin does not have ulcerated spleen and colon, he just looks like it to fool everybody. They rope-a-dope the league through the regular season but always flip that switch at the end. Works like a Swiss Watch. What time is it? Giants football time.

And once they flip that switch they can't lose. The past dictates the future. They did it before so obviously they will do it again. No sense in even lining up against them; just hand them the trophy.

If you doubt what I'm saying then be advised that JPP not only sacks QBs with his mind power, but he can revive a dead team from its grave. He is the master occultist with powers beyond those of mortal OL who oppose him. No QB has ever survived his assaults unless JPP just allowed it while he rope-a-doped his way to another trophy. Some called his team-building exercise during camp an assault on a teammate, a humiliation of a teammate, but the results are plain to see: Great team building by a man mature beyond his years.

BTW, anybody know what time their game comes on?

This is all true, but you've neglected to mention the most important reason why the Giants are the greatest team in the history of ever: Eli Manning. Never has there been a QB as clutch, as awe inspiring, and as brilliant as him. Some may point to his tendency to throw picks and ridiculous facial expressions as detriments, but those people really don't realize that the cerebral cortex of Eli functions at levels so high, that mankind can't hope to comprehend it. Imagine the combined strategical abilities of Charlemagne, Alexander The Great, Julius Caesar, Napoleon, and George S Patton. All the brains of these men combined equate to roughly 10% of the brainpower Eli Manning possesses. You see, Eli never throws picks by accident. He always throws them on purpose, in order to lull the opposition into a false sense of security. When the fourth quarter rolls around, Eli proceeds to reveal his true nature as the greatest quarterback ever, and utterly tears apart his opponents. >_>

In all seriousness though, I think Eli's a pretty good QB, and that the Giants are a very good football organization. However, to declare Eli a superior QB to Brady is completely asinine. The same goes for those who proclaim Coughlin to be a superior coach to BB.

People on this forum really can't pick up on sarcasm.
My big failing in life is dead panning while avoiding the use of smiley faces. Gets me into trouble at times. Still I still prefer the straight dead pan because I figure that's the way the Cohen Brothers would do it.

So shut the f-ck up Donnie, you're out of your element, and Larry, this is what happens when you f-ck a stranger up the ass.

Never has there been a QB as clutch, as awe inspiring, and as brilliant as him.
Exactly what I said when he threw that sure pick to Asante on that final drive.

Somebody once said this is a game of inches. Sometimes I think that it's a game of fairy dust.

Exactly what I said when he threw that sure pick to Asante on that final drive.

Somebody once said this is a game of inches. Sometimes I think that it's a game of fairy dust.

Don't bring up that play, please, ever again.

My pick for the NY Giants ........

is Ezekiel Ansah, DE - BYU in the first round of the 2013 NFL Draft.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes