PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: My appearance in Profootballtalk.com

JoeSixPat

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
Just thought I'd share this with you so you can all bask in your own personal "brush with greatness" ;)

I saw an item in PFT last night regarding Lee Steinberg getting pulled over for DUI... since the report at the time didn't have any details, I assumed he was just pulled over (apparently he plowed into a few parked cars, which is usually a dead giveaway)

Anyway I came up with a pithy one liner and emailed it off to Mike Florio and by the next morning he'd worked it into the post (give credit to Florio, who's got a great sense of humor himself, for giving credit to a "reader" instead of just claiming credit himself - which frankly really wouldn't have bothered me.)

http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm said:
POSTED 9:05 p.m. EDT, April 13, 2007

STEINBERG BUSTED FOR DUI

Agent Leigh Steinberg was arrested on Friday morning for DUI after driving his Mercedes SUV into three parked cars.

Steinberg provided a blood sample that showed his alcohol concentration to be above the legal limit.

He previously was arrested for DUI in 1997.

The lead character in the film Jerry Maguire was based on Steinberg. And that fact prompted the following observation from a member of PFT Planet regarding the apprehension of Steinberg: "They had him at 'hello.'"

Last edited:
I was in the Super Bowl live blog for suggesting that the theme song for the 1st half of the game should have been the Benny Hill theme (with all the fumbles and interceptions).

He told me to "get bent" after I emailed him about his crappy math. Then he fixed it.

\I emailed him after Ben. R. broke his jaw in that motorcycle-car collision and mentioned how it takes a while for jaws to heal and that he wouldn't be 100% for a long while. He mentioned me by name which my kids thought was pretty cool.....That's an accomplishment with a 12 and 13 year old!!!!

-Michael

\I emailed him after Ben. R. broke his jaw in that motorcycle-car collision and mentioned how it takes a while for jaws to heal and that he wouldn't be 100% for a long while. He mentioned me by name which my kids thought was pretty cool.....That's an accomplishment with a 12 and 13 year old!!!!

-Michael

Way to out do me!

Fortunately, I am not worthy!

I emailed him during the start of free agency and told him in a humorous way that perhaps there was no big signings in the early hours after Free Agency began because of his semi crusade about the "tampering" that goes on just before FA starts.

He emailed me back saying that I "just maybe right" and then worte an article about how teams were being cautious at the start of FA bcause they didn't want to be accused of tampering.

While I certainly don't believe that my email was the impetus of that article in any way, I'm sure Florio himself had thought of this himself, it was still nice to get a reply from him before his story came out on his website.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back