PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Mr Waffle Farve wants to play. Vikes want him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am so sick of the favre crap, every year with the same ****. if anyone else in football did this they would be blasted in the media for being selfish, but favre gets a free pass because the press loves him

Oh, please. He gets hammered in the press and on this message board.

Getting hammered is fun.

I've never been, actually. I've always enjoyed watching the antics of those that are, though.

I've never been, actually. I've always enjoyed watching the antics of those that are, though.

Yeah, it's not good to be the most hammered person in the room, that's for sure.

Favre is actually blessed with some pretty mild weather this season in Minnesota. The only three possible cold dates are Week 7 @ Pittsburgh, Week 8 @ Green Bay, and Week 16 @ Chicago. That game against the Bears is going to be brutal on Favre's body regardless of his shoulder/arm condition.

No need. I have a blast sober.

You know, somehow I could tell you don't drink. Maybe you've mentioned it before, but I think I picked up on it because you're always so measured and rational. I respect that alot.

For other people. :D

No, I'm the one who drives the Irish friends home and keeps them from abusing the beer goggles.

If that's the case then I can use a friend like you, especially for the second part. :eek:

If that's the case then I can use a friend like you, especially for the second part. :eek:

It's usually the tougher part, too. When a man is wearing the goggles, he just doesn't want to believe it.

It's usually the tougher part, too. When a man is wearing the goggles, he just doesn't want to believe it.

Gotta let a man make his mistakes and slay his beasts. Probably the quickest way to make someone wise up and realize that, from here on out, they should maybe have 2 or 3 less.

The key, as Patjew pretty much stated already, is finding the happy medium between sober and incoherent. That pleasant state where you're pretty sure that you're straight-up badass but rational enough to understand that you're really not. Then have like two more drinks after that and you're ready to roll. It's especially good when you have a friend who consistently gets out-of-control drunk, because even if you mildly make an ass of yourself you'll always get overshadowed by that guy.

Last edited:
who cares if he wants to play, if he wants to play and someone wants him, let him play.

All the athletes I know who had any level of success (high school and up) would have done pretty much anything to stick it to the coach/team that had hosed them. It's part of the sporting mentality.

Sure, but the point is that this isn't really about "playing a game he loves," as you originally put it. From the moment Green Bay dared to move past him, he has been focused on revenge, not love of the game. He made it 100% clear from the beginning:

Asked what his objective is in wanting to play again, Favre texted, "My intentions have been to play, and with Green Bay. They say no, so I still want to play in this division for obvious reasons, which I made clear to management. If they won't let me play in Green Bay, let me play against you. That's where I am.
Favre wants to 'play against' Pack | Truth&Rumors | FanNation

Yes, everybody has experienced the desire for revenge against someone who "hosed them." The problem is, Favre wasn't hosed. That franchise and fan base treated him like a god for years and years, and only decided to move on after HE announced his retirement. Now he wants them all to suffer his firey wrath for treating him as mortal. He's welcome to his revenge fantasies, but I don't particularly sympathize.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back