PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Mr. Class Is at it Again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you such a big homer, that you are blinded to the fact that LDT embarassed his QB and when they caught it on tape, he could be doing damage control by becoming out together? It actually supports the argument that LDT likes to portray himself as classy. He can be classy when they win, but in tough situations, he is not the person you want to have your back. Can you seriously tell me that if you're Rivers and having a horrible game, and LDT pulls that walking away in disgust crap on you, you aren't pissed and feeling a lack of support from your team's primadona superstar?

Yes I can tell you that. I wouldnt be pissed, Rivers was playing like crap. IF LT did that on purpose, so be it. What kind of support is he going to give him? a pat on the back? The plays that proceeded that were all pass plays. The plays had nothing to do with LT, so what's LT going to tell Rivers that he doesnt already know? I dont see it as a lack of support, I see it as a player who shows his emotions and doesnt like crappy play. Nothing more.

Anyone who watches the video of LT getting up and walking away from Rivers in disgust just as he sits down next to him, knows that LT does not have his back. Basically, telling him without saying a word that Rivers sucks (which he does), and that he was pissed at him. Maybe he could give him some support or advice instead of just walking away. His true character shows up all the time under pressure...no class and don't support your teammates. For someone who holds himself in such high moral regard, his actions speak louder than his words.
No, what he was saying is "dude, you're sucking right now. Step it up!" Perceive it as you like. One way or another the vibe of the team needed to change right then and there. Maybe it's not the pats way of doing things. So what? There's always more than one effective way to skin a cat.

If you listen to LT's post game pressers it's ambiguous. One way to look at it is that it didn't have as much to do with Rivers as it did with the whole team. Right after he got up he went down the line and talked it up. If you honestly believe LT was wrong in the way he handled things, I may have to question your understanding of the game.

Yes I can tell you that. I wouldnt be pissed, Rivers was playing like crap. IF LT did that on purpose, so be it. What kind of support is he going to give him? a pat on the back? The plays that proceeded that were all pass plays. The plays had nothing to do with LT, so what's LT going to tell Rivers that he doesnt already know? I dont see it as a lack of support, I see it as a player who shows his emotions and doesnt like crappy play. Nothing more.

Wow...I come from a school of not calling out your teammates in public. Then ripping them a new one in private.

Do you really think Rivers sucked on purpose? Maybe he has some confidence issues? Why not try to tell him to settle down and worry about the next play, not the last one? Why not tell him, what holes in the defense he may have seen? Why not confirm for him, that as the superstar of this team, the Chargers can still win this game and LDT will be there even in desperate times?

Wow...I come from a school of not calling out your teammates in public. Then ripping them a new one in private.

Do you really think Rivers sucked on purpose? Maybe he has some confidence issues? Why not try to tell him to settle down and worry about the next play, not the last one? Why not tell him, what holes in the defense he may have seen? Why not confirm for him, that as the superstar of this team, the Chargers can still win this game and LDT will be there even in desperate times?
So you don't think LT and PR talk during games? You think you were more clued into that specific game dynamic than LT was?

Hmm, that's good. That's really good.

No, what he was saying is "dude, you're sucking right now. Step it up!" Perceive it as you like. One way or another the vibe of the team needed to change right then and there. Maybe it's not the pats way of doing things. So what? There's always more than one effective way to skin a cat.

If you listen to LT's post game pressers it's ambiguous. One way to look at it is that it didn't have as much to do with Rivers as it did with the whole team. Right after he got up he went down the line and talked it up. If you honestly believe LT was wrong in the way he handled things, I may have to question your understanding of the game.

You can question all you want. Brady calls out his entire TEAM when they aren't playing well. I was at a past Pitt game when he was yelling and inspiring the team. LDT walked away from his teammate in disgust of his poor play basically blaming him for the team's performance by his actions...confront the guy at least. You can spin it all you want, it was totally classless way of doing it.

So you don't think LT and PR talk during games? You think you were more clued into that specific game dynamic than LT was?

Hmm, that's good. That's really good.

I know they weren't doing much talking when LDT walked away from Rivers. Maybe Rivers wanted to talk and it was difficult doing so when your teammate just made you look like a clown.

You can question all you want. Brady calls out his entire TEAM when they aren't playing well. I was at a past Pitt game when he was yelling and inspiring the team. LDT walked away from his teammate in disgust of his poor play basically blaming him for the team's performance by his actions...confront the guy at least. You can spin it all you want, it was totally classless way of doing it.
Bottom line you're not qualified to speak on the matter. They talk all the time, before, during, and after games.

Have you never competed? I've shot a look at a teammate more than once. I've had teammates shoot the very same look back at me. Sometimes you do not have to do much more than that. It happens on every team in every sport. You don't think it happens on the pats? You think it's all about "it's cool dude, we'll get it next time."

Hmm, whatever? That's not what was happening at that moment and damn sure shouldn't have been what was happening. You think you know best? More power to you. :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back