PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT- Most overated athlete

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sean Pa Patriot

Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal
Reaction score
1 Barry Bonds - sick of all the hype for this steroid

2 Brett Farve- Was a great QB from 94-97 ,but Im not living on his every breath....

3 Kobe Bryant- Want to know why he scored 81 points, no one else is on the team...

4 Mike Vick- Will be cut in 4 yrs.. He is not good folks, Vince Young will make people forget about him...

Reluctant to put Farve,because I like him, but I guess the overhype is killing me..

Sean Pa Patriot said:

2 Brett Farve- Was a great QB from 94-97 ,but Im not living on his every breath....

3 Kobe Bryant- Want to know why he scored 81 points, no one else is on the team...

4 Mike Vick- Will be cut in 4 yrs.. He is not good folks, Vince Young will make people forget about him...

Reluctant to put Farve,because I like him, but I guess the overhype is killing me..

Peyton Manning.

And IMO baseball players are about as much an athlete as golfers and bowlers.

I agree with Favre and Bonds. I think Pennington and Eli Manning.

Peyton Manning--everyone says he is the best QB ever??? Talk to me after he wins 1 suberbowl!

Tony Hawk--Isnt he a little old to be skateboarding?

Latrell Sprewell--That jerk should have been kicked out of pro sports for his actions

Terell Owens-A washed up has-been...its all about him.

Mike Vick for sure... he's getting paid 100 million!

I don't even like the guy but I can't agree with Kobe. Your argument is that he doesn't have anyone else on the team. If that's the case then that just makes his 81 points that much more impressive IMO.

ELOrocks17 said:
Peyton Manning--everyone says he is the best QB ever??? Talk to me after he wins 1 suberbowl!

Dan Marino is arguably one of the greatest qbs of all time and he never won a super bowl. Winning the Super Bowl is a team achievment.

Shaun Alexander. He runs behind the best O-line in the league, AND behind all pro Mack Strong. They blow open holes that I could run through for 10 yards.

Allen Iverson. What a joke that guy is. And I agree that baseball players do not deserve to be counted as "athletes".

Steve McNair. The year he won co MVP he got injured and Billy Volek and then Neil O'Donnell came in and won games for the Titans.

bucky said:
Allen Iverson. What a joke that guy is. And I agree that baseball players do not deserve to be counted as "athletes".

Iverson, for all he does as a six footer, overrated? He's probably the biggest over-achiever in the NBA. He could stand to be de-tattooed about 80%, but still.

Fanfrom1960 said:
Iverson, for all he does as a six footer, overrated? He's probably the biggest over-achiever in the NBA. He could stand to be de-tattooed about 80%, but still.

What exactly does he do? Hog the ball? Blow off practices? Shoot 40% from the field? Get BS calls from the refs? Yell at his teammates when they can't catch a horrible behind the back pass that he throws to them? Lose on a consistant basis?

He's a great talent, but he doesn't deserve to be considered among with the best players in the NBA. IMO, he's not even one of the top 20 G/F in the NBA. And I can honestly say he was the single biggest reason the US Olympic team was so bad last year.

bucky said:
What exactly does he do? Hog the ball? Blow off practices? Shoot 40% from the field? Get BS calls from the refs? Yell at his teammates when they can't catch a horrible behind the back pass that he throws to them? Lose on a consistant basis?

He's a great talent, but he doesn't deserve to be considered among with the best players in the NBA. IMO, he's not even one of the top 20 G/F in the NBA. And I can honestly say he was the single biggest reason the US Olympic team was so bad last year.

He gets an other than him lousy team into the playoffs more often than not. I don't care for the guy, but pound for pound, who's better in the NBA?

Fanfrom1960 said:
He gets an other than him lousy team into the playoffs more often than not. I don't care for the guy, but pound for pound, who's better in the NBA?

Pound for pound, I don't know. But that's not my point. The guy is constantly considered to be on the same level as Kobe and LeBron, but I don't think he even deserves to be mentioned in that company. I'll give him credit for being a great athlete and very durable. But not for being a great basketball player.

vick - overrated as they get, the dictionary has his pic next to overrated..

and i disagree with whoever said tony hawk.. the guy pretty much set the standard for halfpipe skating.. watch some of the xgames in the late 90s and come back and say hes overrated..

bucky said:
Pound for pound, I don't know. But that's not my point. The guy is constantly considered to be on the same level as Kobe and LeBron, but I don't think he even deserves to be mentioned in that company. I'll give him credit for being a great athlete and very durable. But not for being a great basketball player.

I'll go along with that, that he's not with Kobe or Lebron. To hell with the NBA anyway, let's get back to football.

Fanfrom1960 said:
I'll go along with that, that he's not with Kobe or Lebron. To hell with the NBA anyway, let's get back to football.

Sounds good. NBA sucks anyway. In the NFL, I think the most overated player is Favre.

hmmm..i dont know...Would Ryan Leaf be considered overrated, or overhyped?

Sean Pa Patriot said:

I agree with this list, except for the addition of Favre. Favre has earned the respect of the people of Green Bay. Period. He gave them a winning franchise after decades of nothing - and the people there love him for it, no matter what he does from here on out. That the media spends more time than necessary washing his balls isn't his fault - it's the media.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back