PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Monday Night Football

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike the Brit

Minuteman Target
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Is anyone else sick enough to be watching Redskins-Minnesota? Not much of interest, but:

Troy Williamson let two long completions go right through his hands. So much for the new Randy Moss.

Jermaine Wiggins was about to do the well-known "Wiggins flying leap" over a tackler but the Redskins weren't buying, stood their ground and knocked him so hard that he went flat and the ball went out of his hands.

Oh, and PATSNUTme, O Great Arbiter of Female Pulchritude, has Suzy Kolber had a makeover to make her more attractive or am I just feeling lonely?

I will say that I am enjoying Tony Kornheiser...

I'll say that I just can't believe Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes are in Daniel Snyder's owner's box.

There was a whole interview with Jamie Foxx consisting of little more than a Cruise love-fest.

One of the weirdest things I have ever seen in a regular season football game.

i'll watch any NFL game. Every game is great to me.

-does David Patten even get to play with the Skins? Seems like a mighty expensive #4 or #5 receiver.

-Sean Taylor is a specimen. He can hit as hard as anyone but its his range and instinct is pass coverage that make him unique for his size.

- I like Hutchinson, but no guard is worth the money he's making. McKinney isn't worth all that money either. Glad we don't have to overpay for players :D

-Dwight Smith suspended for the game. Brad Childress running a tight ship.

-It seems like I'm watching two teams that will go 7-9 or 8-8.

BradyisGod said:
I will say that I am enjoying Tony Kornheiser...
He's a total non entity to me.

This game's OK, I'm a little more interested in the SD-Oakland game coming up though.

Bella*chick said:
I'll say that I just can't believe Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes are in Daniel Snyder's owner's box.

There was a whole interview with Jamie Foxx consisting of little more than a Cruise love-fest.

One of the weirdest things I have ever seen in a regular season football game.

Thank goodness for the "mute" button!

Mike the Brit said:
...Jermaine Wiggins was about to do the well-known "Wiggins flying leap" over a tackler but the Redskins weren't buying, stood their ground and knocked him so hard that he went flat and the ball went out of his hands.
Wiggy, who of course is from Eastie (East Boston), did the Vikes' offense's introductions. Living here in North Carolina, I haven't heard a Boston accent that thick in a long time!

Did Joey Sunshine just say that Brad Johnson hadn't made a bad throw or bad decision all night? Didn't he just throw deep into three man coverage prompting him to say how lucky Johnson was that it wasn't picked off? I'm confused. :)

T-ShirtDynasty said:
Did Joey Sunshine just say that Brad Johnson hadn't made a bad throw or bad decision all night? Didn't he just throw deep into three man coverage prompting him to say how lucky Johnson was that it wasn't picked off? I'm confused. :)
Remarkable statement wasn't it ? Theisman has never seen a QB play he didn't like, it's embarassing.

Ichiro said:
i'll watch any NFL game. Every game is great to me.

-does David Patten even get to play with the Skins? Seems like a mighty expensive #4 or #5 receiver.

-Sean Taylor is a specimen. He can hit as hard as anyone but its his range and instinct is pass coverage that make him unique for his size.

- I like Hutchinson, but no guard is worth the money he's making. McKinney isn't worth all that money either. Glad we don't have to overpay for players :D

-Dwight Smith suspended for the game. Brad Childress running a tight ship.

-It seems like I'm watching two teams that will go 7-9 or 8-8.

I respectfully disagree about Minnesota. Now that they seem to have an actual head coach, I think that the Vikes will make the playoffs. In fact, I have the pats losing up there this season: 5-1 vs. AFCE; 3-1 vs. AFCS; 3-1 vs. NFCN; 1-1 vs. Indy/Cincy.

captain stone said:
I respectfully disagree about Minnesota. Now that they seem to have an actual head coach, I think that the Vikes will make the playoffs. In fact, I have the pats losing up there this season: 5-1 vs. AFCE; 3-1 vs. AFCS; 3-1 vs. NFCN; 1-1 vs. Indy/Cincy.
I was thinking they'd be a tough game after watching their defense against Dallas in preseason, nothing changed that opinion with what little I saw last night.

Box_O_Rocks said:
I was thinking they'd be a tough game after watching their defense against Dallas in preseason, nothing changed that opinion with what little I saw last night.

I thought the Vikes looked very good last night, too. Just goes to show you it isn't always reliable to look at the past. I know Skins fan thought they would roll right over them, and they did not.

I backed the Vikings getting 4.5 points. Portis not fully fit turned it from a maybe to a play.

But what really made me reply to this thread was to say Mike the Brit, you ARE sick. I used to try to stay up for the MNF games, but would always end up crawling into bed after a quarter... and I didn't even have a job to go the following morning.

Excellent dedication Mike.

OldEnglandPatriot said:
I backed the Vikings getting 4.5 points. Portis not fully fit turned it from a maybe to a play.

But what really made me reply to this thread was to say Mike the Brit, you ARE sick. I used to try to stay up for the MNF games, but would always end up crawling into bed after a quarter... and I didn't even have a job to go the following morning.

Actually, I thought Mike is here in our Cambridge for a few months?

OldEnglandPatriot said:

No, Shmessy's right.

And going from videoing Channel 5 to having wall-to-wall (and ceiling-to-floor) football coverage is amazing. I didn't have my TV yet on Thursday so missed Miami/Pitt. But I caught most of a couple of college games on Saturday (BC-Clemson, Texas-Ohio State). Then, of course, there was the mighty struggle with Buffalo, Dallas-Jacksonville and bits of Colts-Giants on Sunday.

So by the time Monday night came around, you might think that any reasonable person would have had enough. But no ... (I didn't stay up for San Diego-Oakland, though).

Not dedication, just first time in the sweetshop!

Ahhhhh! I FEEL your pleasure Mike. It won't fade. After a year of it I'm still watching every game I can, flicking to the other games during Patriots-game commercials, and lobbying my cable operator to get the damn NFL Network.

I did give up on SD-Oakland last night though.

Mike the Brit said:
So by the time Monday night came around, you might think that any reasonable person would have had enough. But no ... (I didn't stay up for San Diego-Oakland, though).
Football's kind of like drinking. By the end of one night you've had enough - but when you get up the next morning you're ready to go again :)

Mike the Brit said:
But no ... (I didn't stay up for San Diego-Oakland, though).
That's why the West Coast is the best. 4:30 and 7:30 games for us yesterday :)

Mike the Brit said:
No, Shmessy's right.

And going from videoing Channel 5 to having wall-to-wall (and ceiling-to-floor) football coverage is amazing. I didn't have my TV yet on Thursday so missed Miami/Pitt. But I caught most of a couple of college games on Saturday (BC-Clemson, Texas-Ohio State). Then, of course, there was the mighty struggle with Buffalo, Dallas-Jacksonville and bits of Colts-Giants on Sunday.

Not dedication, just first time in the sweetshop!
Brush your teeth well young man, it's okay to indulge, but you mustn't let it ruin your health.

If you have NFL Network, tonight will be NO/CLE & DAL/JAX on their new "replay" program, tomorrow IND/NYG & PATS/BUFS - I caught part of the replay show they did on PIT/MIA and they had little snippets popping up where the coaches and players discuss the onfield incidents - kind of like 3GTG.

BelichickFan said:
Football's kind of like drinking. By the end of one night you've had enough - but when you get up the next morning you're ready to go again :)

:rofl:

Well, in your case maybe.

I'm more like the Dean Martin quote: "I'm sorry for people who don't drink because when they get up in the morning they know that that's as good as they're going to feel all day!"

Or this little guy: :eat2:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back