PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT : Monday Night Football discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last night's game was a study in WHY you build from the trenches out.

GB's O-Line is bad. I understand the injury sitauation, but sheesh. Rodgers is really a good QB, but he should have to be running for his life on EVERY play.

That said, Favre was great last and GB shutting the door on AP was fun to watch too.

And how about Jared Allen? Wowsers.

Football is sometimes more fun to watch when you're not REALLY worried about who wins.

Last night's game was a study in WHY you build from the trenches out.

GB's O-Line is bad. I understand the injury sitauation, but sheesh. Rodgers is really a good QB, but he should have to be running for his life on EVERY play.

That said, Favre was great last and GB shutting the door on AP was fun to watch too.

And how about Jared Allen? Wowsers.

Football is sometimes more fun to watch when you're not REALLY worried about who wins.

Colledge, the LT was a sub-in for the injury they had at that spot. He was completely abused by Jared Allen.

Yep. And that's never happened to Brady before right?

Of course, just not as often as it happens to Favre. But hey, who cares! He's like a kid out there! He's having a lot fun!

Bleh - I wish nothing but bad things for Favre. Would love to see Minny go down in a Favreque int way in the playoffs.

So uh... anybody that jumped all over me for believing that Minnesota made a good move when it acquired Favre want to step up now, or wait until the end of the season?

Of course this is a rhetorical question, by the way, as I already know what the answer will be. But so far, he's managed to be a good game manager (my #1 point in that thread) for the first two weeks and has taken the game over when Peterson has been shut down (my #2 point in that thread) and made defenses pay for stacking the box in the past two weeks. Anybody? Bueller?

I believe GB did the right thing by releasing Favre when they did. He is at the point where he starts to break down near the end of the season after going through 16 NFL games. He did that last year and will do again this year at some point. You just cannot betray Father Time.

If GB had kept Favre and squeezed all they could out of him, that would still have been delaying Rodger's development- whereas right now he is really coming along nicely and will be the face of GB's franchise for the next 10 years.

I believe GB did the right thing by releasing Favre when they did. He is at the point where he starts to break down near the end of the season after going through 16 NFL games. He did that last year and will do again this year at some point. You just cannot betray Father Time.

If GB had kept Favre and squeezed all they could out of him, that would still have been delaying Rodger's development- whereas right now he is really coming along nicely and will be the face of GB's franchise for the next 10 years.

Yeah? When does Minnesota play a game in freezing weather in late December this year? Aside from a game in Chicago, earlier on in the winter, Minnesota has no cold weather games this year. I highlighted this to death in the thread where he was signed and nobody had a feasible counter argument.

Yeah? When does Minnesota play a game in freezing weather in late December this year? Aside from a game in Chicago, earlier on in the winter, Minnesota has no cold weather games this year. I highlighted this to death in the thread where he was signed and nobody had a feasible counter argument.

Whether or not he plays a freezing game come playoff time, it's his age that will be the factor more than anything else. He will break down, it's a given fact.

GB shutting the door on AP was fun to watch too.

Interesting the strategy they had on that- keep AP upright and hammer at his ball security.

All the more ironic because AP supposedly has very strong hands, yet has issues with fumbling.

Last edited:
Whether or not he plays a freezing game come playoff time, it's his age that will be the factor more than anything else. He will break down, it's a given fact.

Really? Because he was looking damn good in 2007 until he met up with a pass rush that went on two weeks later to kill the most potent offense the league as ever seen. That was up until the NFC Championship as well, by the way. Pretty late in the season if you ask me. He was lighting it up in 2008 before he tore that bicep. And he's killing it again this year. Without injury and cold weather to make his bones sore, I don't see any reason why he should just crap out later in the season... especially with the kind of protection he's getting out of his offensive line and the running back behind him that will no doubt take a lot of throws out of Favre's hands. Just face it, you guys were wrong (and I'm aware you weren't a member here at the time). I'm not trying to rub it in, but you were. Favre was a damn good pick up for this team and they're showing it right now with a 4-0 record and first place in their division.

Interesting the strategy they had on that- keep AP upright and hammer at his ball security.

All the more ironic because AP supposedly has very strong hands, yet has issues with fumbling.

Yeah he got shut down and Green Bay still lost. Minnesota doesn't win this game with Jackson and/or Rosencopter in this game.

Really? Because he was looking damn good in 2007 until he met up with a pass rush that went on two weeks later to kill the most potent offense the league as ever seen. That was up until the NFC Championship as well, by the way. Pretty late in the season if you ask me. He was lighting it up in 2008 before he tore that bicep. And he's killing it again this year. Without injury and cold weather to make his bones sore, I don't see any reason why he should just crap out later in the season... especially with the kind of protection he's getting out of his offensive line and the running back behind him that will no doubt take a lot of throws out of Favre's hands. Just face it, you guys were wrong (and I'm aware you weren't a member here at the time). I'm not trying to rub it in, but you were. Favre was a damn good pick up for this team and they're showing it right now with a 4-0 record and first place in their division.

Also he is a gunslinger, he shoots from the hip. You can do that in the RS and get away with it, but in the playoff, to me, that's pretty much playing with fire. But we'll see.. personally I have nothing against him and am amused by the show he's been putting on.

Can't wait for the game at GB.. that's gonna be something!

Also he is a gunslinger, he shoots from the hip. You can do that in the RS and get away with it, but in the playoff, to me, that's pretty much playing with fire. But we'll see.. personally I have nothing against him and am amused by the show he's been putting on.

Can't wait for the game at GB.. that's gonna be something!

Eh, it worked throughout more than 3/4's of his career and appeared to be working two years ago as well until, like I said, he met up with the same team that eventually took us down. I don't have a problem with the guy either other than the way he waffles. That just annoys me to no end. Other than that, I have nothing against him personally.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes