PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Monday Night Football: Broncos and Chargers fighting 40 minutes before kickoff

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: OT: Monday Night Football: Broncos and Chargers fighting 40 minutes before kickof

Am I hallucinating or am I listening to Belichick reincarnated? "6-0 is great but we haven't done anything. We've got plenty of work to do.."

Re: OT: Monday Night Football: Broncos and Chargers fighting 40 minutes before kickof

Get a FG, kick onside, hope to recover and get TD to tie.

55-yards off-center , that's a Hail Mary of a kick.

55-yards off-center , that's a Hail Mary of a kick.

That's Norv Turner for you.

As much as I hate the Broncos, how can you not be impressed with the job McDaniels has done thus far. The guy got so much unjust criticism when he was here from many Pats fans. He is proving now that he is a great coach.

The funny thing is he is winning by doing the things his critics here blasted him for not doing (granted I disagreed with their assessments). The Broncos are winning on halftime adjustments, running the ball, and some creativity on offense.

No Turnovers and outscore SD 17-3 in the 2nd half.

Domination.

Am I hallucinating or am I listening to Belichick reincarnated? "6-0 is great but we haven't done anything. We've got plenty of work to do.."

McDaniels has been quoting Belichick lines all season. He seems to be the first Belichick disciple who lives and breathes what Belichick preaches. Crennel, Weis, and Mangini took aspects of Belichick's teachings but allowed their own style to dominate.

Well, there it is...I rooted for the Chargers tonight, and have thereby officially repaid my debt to them for giving me a delicious dose of Manning-face last post-season. Now, I don't forsee another circumstance this season where I will need their services, so I wash my hands of the whole classy lot of them!

:bye2:

Last edited:

As much as I hate the Broncos, how can you not be impressed with the job McDaniels has done thus far. The guy got so much unjust criticism when he was here from many Pats fans. He is proving now that he is a great coach.

The funny thing is he is winning by doing the things his critics here blasted him for not doing (granted I disagreed with their assessments). The Broncos are winning on halftime adjustments, running the ball, and some creativity on offense.

After the Broncs beat us a couple of weeks ago(after blowing a 10-0 1st quarter lead), both Romo and Phillips REALLY got alot of flack from the fans and media.

To be frank - McDaniels and the Broncos really deserve alot of credit - they've been winning games b/c they've played tough, physically and mentally, consistently throughout these games. You saw it in the Dallas game - they made all the plays to win the game, plain and simple.

POSTGAME THOUGHTS:

The Chargers are one-dimensional this season. No Defense. No O-line. No running game. Passing game only -- but a passing game that is pretty good.

That's not going to win a lot of games on its own. Rivers was throwing under pressure the entire game, and made the best of what he was given.

Orton is like a Favre out there, he's just having fun.:)

Last edited:

Those damn LaClassians can't do anything right. Norv sure is a sad sack of a coach. He'll likely be gone at the end of this season.

Last edited:

The Jets could have hired Josh instead of "Can Has Cheesebugger" Ryan..and gotten substance over style...but...in true Jet fashion, they made the WRONG choice again...for like the 10,000th time in a row.

The Jets could have hired Josh instead of "Can Has Cheesebugger" Ryan..and gotten substance over style...but...in true Jet fashion, they made the WRONG choice again...for like the 10,000th time in a row.

As if McD would ever do that to his mentor..

Happy to see the Chargers likely eliminated from division contention. Sadly though, it looks like it will take 3 playoff wins for NE to get to the SB this year. I would love to have that bye man, oh well, a wild card is better than nothing.

As good as the Broncos look now, think about what they'll be like come December.

Norv WILL Be Fired ......at the end of this season.

As good as the Broncos look now, think about what they'll be like come December.

Having Brian Dawkins could be a big asset come Dec - in his tenure with the Eagles, every time they looked down and out come Dec(and Reid/McNabb were on their way out the door), he had the entire team believing in themselves, and they ended up rallying every time and went deep in the playoffs.

If the Eagles are in a similar situation come this Dec, they may not respond the same way sans Dawkins.

I don't want to, and you can't make me! So there! :snob:

Last edited:

Norv WILL Be Fired ......at the end of this season.

Jamaal Williams is a HUGE loss - anytime you lose that big NT in your 3-4 D, you're almost always going to be screwed.

It's not Norv's fault, at least not completely. The Rams have a good HC in Steve Spagnuola, but sadly, their players suck.

Did anyone else just see that on ESPN?
Merriman and a lot of other chargers and the whole broncos team were getting into it , looks like everyone is pumped!

it looked like marriman was trying to brake it up

but i have to say that san diego talks a lot for a team that has never done any thing

Happy to see the Chargers likely eliminated from division contention. Sadly though, it looks like it will take 3 playoff wins for NE to get to the SB this year. I would love to have that bye man, oh well, a wild card is better than nothing.

Honestly, the Broncos have a really tough schedule. They have to go to Baltimore, Indy and Philly and still have the Giants and Steelers at home. If they win half of those, they deserve home field advantage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes