PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: MNF - Ravens @ Packers game discussion (Week 13)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apparently one 3-4 team was able to find OLB's in the 2009 draft. Green Bay has two rookies starting.

Last edited:
BSPN used Charles Woodson as an excuse to bait Jon Gruden into talking about the Tuck Rule.

Gruden didn't take the bait. :D

Looks like it's not just the Pats that are getting hosed on PI calls....

Apparently one 3-4 team was able to find OLB's in the 2009 draft. Green Bay has two rookies starting.

That sentence is pretty funny in English.

Last edited by a moderator:
GB challenged that TD...why? And now they are out of challenges. Ah well.

GB 17-7

Oh my. GB fumbles again...Ravens recover...wait a minute, no they don't after all. Then Rodgers intercepted again right after. I'm getting dizzy with the turnovers this game!!!!! :stars2:

Aaaaannd Ravens score off that last turnover. GB 17-14.

Last edited:
9 PI calls

6 turnovers and 9 pass interferences penalties called in this game, damn.

Last edited:
The PIs are coming against both sides, though. It's like watching the Colts playing...the Colts! :confused: :D

Flacco intercepted in the RZ. Aaaaaand AGAIN as I type. :eek:

Last edited:
Ravens join the Dolphins, Jets and Steelers in the AFC's 6-6 club.

Rodgers when protectedis very good and the GB WR core is pretty decent

How sweet would it be if the Packers got a wild card and then were to go into Minnesota in the 2nd round and beat the Vikings? That would be soooooo sweet

Damn, Clay Matthews is having a good year...

Rodgers and Favre's numbers are now nearly identical this year.

Favre: 26 TDs / 5 INTs / 3,149 yards
Rodgers: 25 TDs / 7 INTs / 3,399 yards

Last edited:
So Dom Capers was let go and Dean Pees was kept...

:confused::confused::confused:

"Apparently one 3-4 team was able to find OLB's in the 2009 draft. Green Bay has two rookies starting."

----------------------------------

Pretty amazing, huh?

Now with the benefit of hindsight, it's pretty clear that awful mistakes were made during the off-season regarding this defense. Although Bodden was a good signing and it looks like Chung and Butler will be decent [or better] in time:

Stay with your bread and butter 3-4, anchored by Warren, Wilfork and Seymour [i think Deus may be right abt the trade]--obviously it just doesn't get any better than that up front. Use AD and Guyton they way they should be used (on the outsides, with AD bringing more heat and Guyton in coverage more), draft a stud like Maualuga who can make an immediate impact, put him next to Mayo, and viola, with the additions in the secondary and Capers [or even Pees] running the show, and you've got your dominant defense.

The key was just adding an impact LB and grabbing a good corner (and finding a guy like McGowen never hurts either). :cool:

I guess BB just doesn't think crap about Pete Carroll's defensive players (ie. Maualuga and the others). And really, with the team he inherited in 2000, who can blame him?

It's the only reason I can think of for passing up all those LB's.

Denver 8-4
Jaxsonville 7-5
Baltimore 6-6
Dolphins 6-6
NY JETS 6-6
Steelers 6-6

O Noes, Can Mark Sanchize lead his team to 10-6 and then beat the pats wildcahd weekend. :rolleyes:

I didn't watch this game, but if I could take any QB in the league for the next 10 years it would be Aaron Rodgers. Love his accuracy, love his arm strength, love his mobility, love his toughness.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes