PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Michael Vick is having some struggles this offseason

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am no fan of his but he puts people in their stadium. They will never win with him but the owner doesn't care.

what he said

stewardship

I'm no animal rights activist either

You will find that people who end up murderers, started out by abusing animals. I'm not saying that everyone who abuses animals ends up a killer, I'm saying that if you can abuse an animal, you can do the same to a human.

"censored name for Rooster" fighting and dog fighting are entertainment for the lowest forms of our society. Anyone who could sit there and bet money on, and cheer for which one of two animals who have been abused their entire life and taught to fight, will end up killing the other, is truely sick.

none of these are big deals..

nothing came out of the water bottle incident

him missing a flight isnt a big deal..we dont know what happened

illegal activity involving dogs in his house that his NEPHEW lives in

u guys are just looking for a reason to pick on Vick..imo he hasnt done anything wrong that deserves all the crap u put at him

Where there is smoke, there's fire. Vick is a sleazebag, he's already proven that with the Ron Mexico nonsense.

By the way, isn't the nephew/cousin excuse a standard alibi when something illegal happens with these guys? (Re., Ty Law's ecstasy stash.)

Last edited:
You will find that people who end up murderers, started out by abusing animals. I'm not saying that everyone who abuses animals ends up a killer, I'm saying that if you can abuse an animal, you can do the same to a human.

"censored name for Rooster" fighting and dog fighting are entertainment for the lowest forms of our society. Anyone who could sit there and bet money on, and cheer for which one of two animals who have been abused their entire life and taught to fight, will end up killing the other, is truely sick.

yip--I was intrigued by forensic profiling and serial killers some years ago--animal abuse is usually only preceded by urinesis in the predictors of violent sociopathy...

yip--I was intrigued by forensic profiling and serial killers some years ago--animal abuse is usually only preceded by urinesis in the predictors of violent sociopathy...

Don't animal abuse, enuresis, and fire-setting comprise the "unholy trinity" of future violent behavior?

Don't animal abuse, enuresis, and fire-setting comprise the "unholy trinity" of future violent behavior?

indeed they do--precursors of spooky proportions

Vick is a bum.
Animal abuse is a crime I can't tolerate.

I was a very pro vick guy.
But he's just anothe classic case of an overpaid athlete who thinks he's god's gift to the world.

Heres a list of things he should start doing
1. stop missing flights and lying about it
2. stop fighting animals against one anothe
3. dont get caught
4. learn to read nfl defenses
5. apologize to every receiver whom he's ruined
6. apologize to joe horn bc he will ruin him (sorry joe no HOF)
7. donate more than .01% of his 100M$ % to his alma mater

If I'm arthur blank I draft a real qb and turn vick into a slash (which is what he is anyways) or better yet trade him to the raiders/lion (whichever is dumber) for some draft picks

I hope the NFL stops using vick as a front man for their brand and focus on class acts (manning, brady, brees, LT, etc)

My ex gf works with these types of folks...
and yes you are 100% correct

if a child exhibits tendencies to
1. hurt small animals
2. enuresis
3. fire setting

they share the trends almost every serial killer known to man
kids like these get special treatment for the rest of their lives

A worse crime? No. A worse human being? Absolutely. It takes a special kind of jackass to abuse a creature that would adore you unconditionally, has no voice to call for help, and really has no defense against you.

Then again, I like animals more than the majority of the people I meet, so maybe I'm biased.

Bingo.

Mexico is dead to me.

A worse crime? No. A worse human being? Absolutely. It takes a special kind of jackass to abuse a creature that would adore you unconditionally, has no voice to call for help, and really has no defense against you.

Then again, I like animals more than the majority of the people I meet, so maybe I'm biased.

With you there brother

http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm
EVIDENCE MOUNTS OF DOG FIGHTING ON VICK PROPERTY

There is more and more evidence that a "palatial" Virginia house owned by Falcons quarterback Michael Vick was the storage site for dogs used in illegal fighting activities.

Per WAVY-TV, authorities "found 70 dogs on the property," most of which were pit bulls. Per the report: "Some had injuries and scars. Many were malnourished."

Also found on the property was a "rape stand," which is used to tether a female dog so that male dogs may have easy access to the female for breeding.

According to the Virginian-Pilot, the search warrant that resulted in the discovery of the dogs arose from an April 19 arrest of Vick's cousin, Davon Boddie, for marijuana possession. Boddie lives at the property, but Vick owns it.

Whether or not Vick participated in or knew about this, it doesn't look good.
He owned the property. Like others have said, he will be held responsible for some of this because he OWNS the property.

I could look past a few of the smaller things (I could care less if Mike Vick is a pothead), but when you add all these transgression up your get a picture of a guy who is an idiot at best and most probably a real scumbag. He's a total gimmick at QB who is marginally effective and couldn't hit the broadside of a barn from inside the barn, he'll never win anything until he actually works on his throwing. To top it all off he flips off the fans when he's playing at home, how in the world did the Falcons decide to go with him over Schaub?

The worst part about stories like this is that a guy like Mike Vick is uniquely gifted and in a position to help a lot of people and change a lot of lives for the better. It really makes you appreciate how we're always hearing about a different Pat's player doing something beneficial to help people out in some way.

With you there brother

I'm on board with you guys.
If anyone ever hurt my dog I would unleash every piece of wrath I could muster against them.
Trully disgusted with Vick.
I hope the animal activists chew him out for this.

I hope Goodell makes an example out of his sorry *****

I doubt HIGHLY that he will be suspended. These things are trivial at best. They are not good but they are trivial. I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt with the animal thing. He may own the property, but it doesn't mean that he KNOWS what's happening there.

I don't know about that...we're not talking about a dog or two maltreated, it's a large-scale operation with kennels and dozens and dozens of dogs. Not something you wouldn't be aware of. And the more details emerge, the uglier it gets.

http://www.nbc4.com/sports/13206069/detail.html?rss=dc&psp=sports
http://www.wavy.com/Global/story.asp?S=6428206&nav=menu45_1_1

It will be interesting to see how this plays out. Vick has had several run-ins with authorities and now is reportedly under investigation in connection with a felony.

If it turns out reports are true and he is under investigation and felonies were being repeatedly committed on his property, it will be interesting to see if the commish gives him a suspension. Many specualted the Henry/Pac Man suspensions were nothing but a PR move by a league that long ago mastered the PR game. The league buys itself good press and the perception of cleaning things up by suspending two unpopular players whose teams were not going to make a fuss.

Suspending Vick, a popular player who sells tickets for his owner and whose team will in no way support the suspension, would be a much tougher move for the NFL to make.

You know, the Falcons could do worse than to spend the 2nd-round pick they got for Schaub on a QB....

the warrant was based on narcotics but none were found? Then the dogs were found? Strange.

Once a nitwit (and a lousy quarterback)
Always a nitwit (and a lousy quarterback)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back