Welcome to PatsFans.com

OT: Michael Vick is having some struggles this offseason

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by DefenseRules, Apr 26, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DefenseRules

DefenseRules Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +609 / 23 / -5

#12 Jersey

http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm

and....

2. stevedogc

stevedogc Third String But Playing on Special Teams

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0

Glad I am not a fan of the Falcons. Not that Schuab would be the next coming of Brady, but the Falcons should have traded Vick instead. The guy plain old stinks as a QB, and now its becoming evident that he is the same as a person as well. But, he does sell alot of jerseys and brings in the fans. I guess that what means the most to Atlanta.

Last edited: Apr 26, 2007
  3. DefenseRules

Ratings:
    +609 / 23 / -5

#12 Jersey

Well, I hope that he's just guilty by association. But if he knew about what was going on with those animals and participated in it, that's just a shame.
    I have to admit, Vick hasn't made smart decisions lately.

4. Remix 6

Remix 6 Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

none of these are big deals..

nothing came out of the water bottle incident

him missing a flight isnt a big deal..we dont know what happened

illegal activity involving dogs in his house that his NEPHEW lives in

u guys are just looking for a reason to pick on Vick..imo he hasnt done anything wrong that deserves all the crap u put at him

5. bradmahn

bradmahn In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

Who thinks Vick will ever be suspended by the NFL for character issues? Unfortunately, not me.

6. bradmahn

bradmahn In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

I have to disagree about the possibility of dogfighting. That would garner criminal charges for the owner of the property, as well as the people partaking in the illegal activity. And "nothing came out of the water bottle incident" because he is Mike Vick and the evidence was "lost." If the NFL is going to be hard on Chris Henry and Pacman without convictions, then they should do the same to this guy as well.

7. DefenseRules

Ratings:
    +609 / 23 / -5

#12 Jersey

I doubt HIGHLY that he will be suspended. These things are trivial at best. They are not good but they are trivial. I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt with the animal thing. He may own the property, but it doesn't mean that he KNOWS what's happening there.

8. Fixit

Fixit In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +315 / 3 / -3

Gee, I wonder why some athletes think that they never have to be held accountable for their behavior?

9. primetime

primetime Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +562 / 61 / -30

#18 Jersey

He owns the house, he's responsible for what happens there. Not only that, but if there were dog and ****fighting events being held at the house, I'm sure he had some part in it.

Vick's a sad character, and not a particularly good football player. The Falcons should have kept Matt Schaub and shopped Vick. Unfortunately, with his ridiculous contract, they probably wouldn't have found any takers.

10. MDPATSFAN

MDPATSFAN On the Game Day Roster

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Dog fighting is a felony in VA....These guys need to be more careful with "Posse" Selection.

11. MoLewisrocks

MoLewisrocks PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +29 / 0 / -0

You can rationalize all day long but for $134M the problem is he has done nothing but become the poster child for how total lack of intangibles will absolutely negate whatever level of raw talent a prospect projects when selecting a franchise QB. It's not even that Michael is all THAT bad off the field, it's that he hasn't proven to be nearly functionally good enough on the field to warrant any level of off field issues given the financial committment an NFL franchise made to him.

Arthur Blank isn't ready yet to admit he made a monumental mistake in not only in drafting this guy but in extending him early on to one of the largest contracts ever signed. He eventually will when all those fannies the initial signing attracted stop showing up on Sundays or renewing their season tickets. One more disappointing season under a HC specifically selected to salvage him as a functional QB should do it. If Schaub does even reasonably well in his new gig as a starter it will only exacerbate the situation.

12. patsacolachick

patsacolachick Third String But Playing on Special Teams

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Could have agreed with you until the illegal dog activity. Somebody living in a house you own, you know what they are doing there. Pot smoking, whatever, fans won't abandon him over that. Animal abuse? Sickening. He will get NO free pass for that. :mad:

13. Flying Fungi

Flying Fungi In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

animal abusers are the lowest form of scumbag

14. PhilD

PhilD On the Roster

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Worse than people abusers? I don't want to start an animal rights issue here but we just gotta be careful with what we say :)

15. Fixit

Fixit In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +315 / 3 / -3

A worse crime? No. A worse human being? Absolutely. It takes a special kind of jackass to abuse a creature that would adore you unconditionally, has no voice to call for help, and really has no defense against you.

Then again, I like animals more than the majority of the people I meet, so maybe I'm biased.

16. Flying Fungi

Flying Fungi In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

what he said

stewardship

I'm no animal rights activist either

17. RayClay

RayClay Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +1,607 / 19 / -18

#75 Jersey

Oh My God, illegal fishing! What's next, an overdue library book? What a scoundrel.:rolleyes:

18. RayClay

RayClay Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +1,607 / 19 / -18

#75 Jersey

I would be concerned of the dog fighting allegation, so I looked for the charges.

Instead i found this.

our own Taco Bill has found a report regarding the story on Pet-Abuse.com containing the following paragraph that is nothing short of a bombshell:

19. 37Harrison

37Harrison 2nd Team Getting Their First Start

Ratings:
    +68 / 1 / -2

#37 Jersey

Sorry but when you own a house or anything else for that matter it is YOUR responsibility to know what is going on in YOUR house because YOU will be held accountable for what happens. You really think that Vick doesn't know what goes on in his own house? If that is true then Vick is dumber than I originally thought.

20. JoeSixPat

JoeSixPat Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +188 / 2 / -3

I still can't get over the fact that the guy issues a promotional press release for giving $10,000 to his alma mater to help the victims families at Va Tech.

Given his $10 million a year salary and probable $10 million a year in sponsorship revenue, that's exactly like you or I (average household income of $50k a year) giving $25 to the victims fund and expecting people to be impressed

($10k is exactly .0005% of Vick's $20 million total estimated earnings this year alone)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.