OT: Michael Vick is having some struggles this offseason

Status
Not open for further replies.

DefenseRules

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm

VICK CHARGED WITH TRESPASSING

Man, it's been a rough offseason for Michael Vick.

First, there was the water bottle incident. Then, the lame-ass excuse for the water bottle incident. Next, the pathetic, publicity-seeking, pocket-change (for him) contribution to the families of the Virginia Tech shootings. Afterwards, his failure to show up for a plane flight that would have taken him to D.C. so that he could honor a commitment to lobby for increased funding of after-school programs. Subsequently, the search of his home in Virginia, where neglected animals are found on the premises.

Now, it has been disclosed for the first time that Vick earned three points in Turd Watch for his team in February.

Per the Hampton Roads Daily Press, Vick is scheduled to appear in Court on Thursday in connection with trespassing charges. Vick allegedly was fishing illegally in the Western Branch lake, and was charged with a class three misdemeanor.

If he pays the fine, the hearing won't occur. As of Wednesday afternoon, the fine wasn't paid.

Would anyone be shocked if Vick doesn't pay the fine and doesn't show up in Court?

Meanwhile, a misdemeanor is a misdemeanor. Vick gets three points for the Falcons, and his name will be added to the PFT Police Blotter.

and....

POSTED 8:51 a.m. EDT; LAST UPDATED 10:10 a.m. EDT, April 26, 2007

EVIDENCE OF "ILLEGAL ACTIVITY" FOUND ON VICK PROPERTY

As reported last night by FOX 43 and WAVY-TV, property in Virginia owned by Falcons quarterback Michael Vick has been searched by police. Per the reports, several animal control trucks were on the scene, and the sound of barking dogs could be heard.

Most of the "real" media is chasing this latest story with the same zeal that was displayed after Vick was sued for giving a former girlfriend herpes and after a water bottle with a hidden compartment that smelled not of water was found in his possession in a Miami airport. But there are indications that this one could be (key words: "could be") a doozy.

Per WAVY-TV, police discovered "animal neglect" on the property, in the form of dogs that appeared to be "hungry and forgotten."

In a video report on FOX 43, Surry County (Va.) administrator Tyrone Franklin says that "it does give the appearance of some activity, illegal activity."

Though Franklin doesn't specify the illegal activity, our own Taco Bill has found a report regarding the story on Pet-Abuse.com containing the following paragraph that is nothing short of a bombshell:

"Early reports indicate that Vick was allegedly running a dog-fighting and ****fighting operation from the back of the home. The Virginia Animal Fighting Taskforce was on the scene. Authorities report that Vick had been under investigation for several years for illegal animal fighting."

Holy Milk Bones, Batman.

(It's not presently known whether any roosters named "Little Jerry Seinfeld" were found on the property.)

Though it is being emphasized in media reports that Vick is rarely at the property, he owns the place -- and he surely has an inkling of what is going on there. Especially since the FOX 43 report shows images of three buildings on the property that apparently housed the dogs. Those buildings didn't just build themselves; there's a chance that they were designed to be kennels, and that Vick approved the plans and wrote the check to get them built.

Glad I am not a fan of the Falcons. Not that Schuab would be the next coming of Brady, but the Falcons should have traded Vick instead. The guy plain old stinks as a QB, and now its becoming evident that he is the same as a person as well. But, he does sell alot of jerseys and brings in the fans. I guess that what means the most to Atlanta.

Last edited:
Glad I am not a fan of the Falcons. Not that Schuab would be the next coming of Brady, but the Falcons should have traded Vick instead. The guy plain old stinks as a QB, and now its becoming evident that he is the same as a person as well. But, he does sell alot of jerseys and brings in the fans. I guess that what means the most to Atlanta.

Well, I hope that he's just guilty by association. But if he knew about what was going on with those animals and participated in it, that's just a shame.
I have to admit, Vick hasn't made smart decisions lately.

none of these are big deals..

nothing came out of the water bottle incident

him missing a flight isnt a big deal..we dont know what happened

illegal activity involving dogs in his house that his NEPHEW lives in

u guys are just looking for a reason to pick on Vick..imo he hasnt done anything wrong that deserves all the crap u put at him

Well, I hope that he's just guilty by association. But if he knew about what was going on with those animals and participated in it, that's just a shame.
I have to admit, Vick hasn't made smart decisions lately.

Who thinks Vick will ever be suspended by the NFL for character issues? Unfortunately, not me.

u guys are just looking for a reason to pick on Vick..imo he hasnt done anything wrong that deserves all the crap u put at him

I have to disagree about the possibility of dogfighting. That would garner criminal charges for the owner of the property, as well as the people partaking in the illegal activity. And "nothing came out of the water bottle incident" because he is Mike Vick and the evidence was "lost." If the NFL is going to be hard on Chris Henry and Pacman without convictions, then they should do the same to this guy as well.

Who thinks Vick will ever be suspended by the NFL for character issues? Unfortunately, not me.

I doubt HIGHLY that he will be suspended. These things are trivial at best. They are not good but they are trivial. I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt with the animal thing. He may own the property, but it doesn't mean that he KNOWS what's happening there.

Last edited:

Gee, I wonder why some athletes think that they never have to be held accountable for their behavior?

He owns the house, he's responsible for what happens there. Not only that, but if there were dog and ****fighting events being held at the house, I'm sure he had some part in it.

Vick's a sad character, and not a particularly good football player. The Falcons should have kept Matt Schaub and shopped Vick. Unfortunately, with his ridiculous contract, they probably wouldn't have found any takers.

Dog fighting is a felony in VA....These guys need to be more careful with "Posse" Selection.

You can rationalize all day long but for $134M the problem is he has done nothing but become the poster child for how total lack of intangibles will absolutely negate whatever level of raw talent a prospect projects when selecting a franchise QB. It's not even that Michael is all THAT bad off the field, it's that he hasn't proven to be nearly functionally good enough on the field to warrant any level of off field issues given the financial committment an NFL franchise made to him.

Arthur Blank isn't ready yet to admit he made a monumental mistake in not only in drafting this guy but in extending him early on to one of the largest contracts ever signed. He eventually will when all those fannies the initial signing attracted stop showing up on Sundays or renewing their season tickets. One more disappointing season under a HC specifically selected to salvage him as a functional QB should do it. If Schaub does even reasonably well in his new gig as a starter it will only exacerbate the situation.

Could have agreed with you until the illegal dog activity. Somebody living in a house you own, you know what they are doing there. Pot smoking, whatever, fans won't abandon him over that. Animal abuse? Sickening. He will get NO free pass for that. :mad:

animal abusers are the lowest form of scumbag

Worse than people abusers? I don't want to start an animal rights issue here but we just gotta be careful with what we say :)

Worse than people abusers?

A worse crime? No. A worse human being? Absolutely. It takes a special kind of jackass to abuse a creature that would adore you unconditionally, has no voice to call for help, and really has no defense against you.

Then again, I like animals more than the majority of the people I meet, so maybe I'm biased.

A worse crime? No. A worse human being? Absolutely. It takes a special kind of jackass to abuse a creature that would adore you unconditionally, has no voice to call for help, and really has no defense against you.

Then again, I like animals more than the majority of the people I meet, so maybe I'm biased.

what he said

stewardship

I'm no animal rights activist either

Oh My God, illegal fishing! What's next, an overdue library book? What a scoundrel.:rolleyes:

Last edited:
I would be concerned of the dog fighting allegation, so I looked for the charges.

Instead i found this.

our own Taco Bill has found a report regarding the story on Pet-Abuse.com containing the following paragraph that is nothing short of a bombshell:

Sorry but when you own a house or anything else for that matter it is YOUR responsibility to know what is going on in YOUR house because YOU will be held accountable for what happens. You really think that Vick doesn't know what goes on in his own house? If that is true then Vick is dumber than I originally thought.

I still can't get over the fact that the guy issues a promotional press release for giving $10,000 to his alma mater to help the victims families at Va Tech.

Given his $10 million a year salary and probable $10 million a year in sponsorship revenue, that's exactly like you or I (average household income of $50k a year) giving $25 to the victims fund and expecting people to be impressed

($10k is exactly .0005% of Vick's $20 million total estimated earnings this year alone)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes