PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Michael Turner signs with Falcons

Status
Not open for further replies.

ATippett56

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
Good deal for the Falcons.

thats awesome. turner deserves it, i'd like to see him w/out LT or the charger line.

guess they wont be drafting mcfadden.

thats awesome. turner deserves it, i'd like to see him w/out LT or the charger line.

guess they wont be drafting mcfadden.

They'll take Matt Ryan.

thats awesome. turner deserves it, I'd like to see him w/out LT or the charger line.

guess they wont be drafting McFadden.

This is EXACTLY why this favors the Patriots. The Falcons will likely go with Ryan, leaving McFadden to fall, thereby increasing the chance the Pats get Gholston or get a boffo trade offer from the 'Boys.

Good for Turner, I really didn't think he'd get that much. Seems like a lot of money for a guy who has never started in the NFL, in a year with a lot of good RB in the draft. He's obviously very talented but I would have expected Atlanta to spread the money around more; they seem to have a lot of holes that need to be filled.

Good for Turner, I really didn't think he'd get that much. Seems like a lot of money for a guy who has never started in the NFL, in a year with a lot of good RB in the draft. He's obviously very talented but I would have expected Atlanta to spread the money around more; they seem to have a lot of holes that need to be filled.

With the market the way it is, that's actually a pretty good deal for the Falcons.

I agree that six years for $34 mil sounds favorable to the Falcons, but I was surprised at the $15 mil guaranteed that Turner is getting. Seems that if he's getting that much in signing bonus and first year contract with Atlanta that it may lead to the Falcons being in a tough cap position, with having a lot of dead money, several other positions of need and a #3 pick that will cost a lot too. Turner has only two games in his entire career that he has carried more than 11 times and has never carried more than 15 times.

This is very interesting......How is going to play out in the draft????If Ryan falls to them I am sure they take him....What are the fins going to with 1st pick?????Less than 2 months....can't wait.....

15 million guaranteed??

holy ........

Its the guaranteed dollars that really are the key.

Thats what todays NFL player gets. Dude makes a few plays and suddenly their head gets big. I think turner will be able to handle the starting job for years to come in Atlanta. Excellent signing for the Falcons.

The money does sound high, I would not be surprised if the choose jake long instead of Matt Ryan. The Two would complement each other better. Than adding a quarterback the can't protect either.

Warrick Dunn might be cut shortly Mort said. I've always liked him, and even though I know we're already flooded at RB, would love him in a Pats uni.

McFadden will drop the Pats!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey