PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Miami LB Channing Crowder out for 2010 season [Schefter: Crowder denies]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lansdowne

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Reported on Rotoworld via Associated Press

Dolphins linebacker Channing Crowder will miss the 2010 season with a foot injury, per the Associated Press.
Good thing they signed free-agent LB Karlos Dansby in the offseason. Tim Dobbins will take over for Crowder at "Mike" while Dansby will serve as Miami's starter at "Ted" in the Dolphins' 3-4 scheme. Crowder suffered a season-ending foot in Week 16 of the 2009 season against the Texans.

Last edited:
Re: Miami LB Channing Crowder out for 2010 season

Who's their backup?

Last edited:
Re: OT: Miami LB Channing Crowder out for 2010 season

AdT might want to start running some sprints, just in case.

He must have suffered some serious nerve and/or ligament damage to be out that long. Jeebus, but that sucks.

Hate to see any player go down for any amt of time, especially when its the entire year. I really don't think its that big of a loss.. He is not a difference maker at all..

The Dolphins' starting LB corp has officially turned over 100%. I don't know if that is a good thing. Wake looks to be a pure pass rusher. Too early to tell if Koa Misi can be a legitimate starter right off the bat. Dansby is an upgrade. Crowder's replacement is a downgrade.

Hate to see any player go down for any amt of time, especially when its the entire year. I really don't think its that big of a loss.. He is not a difference maker at all..

He is still a good ILB. He is a loss. He might not be Dansby, but he is good and better than anyone they have left.

Given the criticism of the Dolphins' inside linebackers in the article that Ian posted here a few days back, I think this will hurt them. Losing a starting caliber player with no clear cut back up hurts any team.

False alarm. The crawl that the blogger saw was a rebroadcast of a game from last year where it was announced Crowder was done for the season. Crowder is fine... Well, as fine as Crowder can be since he is a little %*&#ed in the head.

My guess is Dobbins steps in and you don't notice much difference

The guy who reported this a Jets beat writer has retracted the story....

maybe an admin can lock this or change the title.

so all a false alarm....pitiful that it goes so far these days..ANY writer that does that to me joings the trash heap..Rotoworld?? The standards lol..make so called journalists nothing more than loud mouth jerks..none of them who could at all compare to past sports writers..GARBAGE!!

Hey guys. Revis is out for season. I just reported it on Twitter ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back