PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Merriman is placed on IR

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Merriman is placed on IR

Has Merriman ever looked like the player he used to be after coming off the Juice? I don't think he has and he's brittle now to boot. No thanks. I might give him a look for vet min, but only because of how thin the pats are at OLB. But considering his attitude and roid issues, overall I wouldn't want to touch him with a 10 foot pole unless it becomes apparent that are current OLBs are a problem and aren't showing any improvement over time.

Here we go with the juice thing..

Come on.. Do you really think most of these guys are clean?

Look how freaky big most of these guys are! no just big... FREAKY BIG! Do you really think they we all that gifted? Were they all born with a mutated gene that inhibits myostatin? come on....

Lets face it it's a hard, tough sport... a LARGE chunk are not clean.. and the word clean is a whole other issue.

Don't give me any crap about testing... they drug test for body building too.. I hope you don't really think they're all natural for the Olympia.

Guys on Sirius were talking today..say the guy is washed up and his injuries have all but ended his relevance

Pass on him

Is he coming here? Probably not.. Would I want him, yes.. He's a shell of himself but still better than Crable (as someone already mentioned)..

He's definitely playing with some injuries.. BUT WHAT I FIND AMAZING are the ridiculous comments that his play has gone down hill since he was caught using Steroids..
PLease review the facts before you say something so stupid.. He was caught in 06, suspended 4 games but in 12 games recorded 17 sacks.. THE NEXT YEAR?? 12.5 sacks!
Then 08 he destroyed his knee.. In 09 he hurt his foot..

U want to say the steriods did a number on his body and now he's feeling the effects.. Sure.. But please stop the insanity and say since he stop using, his stats went down.. When in fact, that is not the truth

BTW, if he's smart, he'll rest for 6 or 7 weeks.. Get released, sign with the Jets and play weeks 14-17 and get ready for the playoffs.. If he finishes with a strong 6 games, He'll get a good contract..

Do you even understand how steroids work? It's not like you turn into a worthless cripple the minute you stop juicing.

Jeez I was in shock when I read this, though it was Merriweather. OP you are supposed to us OT and stop giving us old guys heart attacks!

why would any team use this type of IR rather than full season?

Jeez I was in shock when I read this, though it was Merriweather. OP you are supposed to us OT and stop giving us old guys heart attacks!

It's not like Meriweather has been indispensable lately. Has he even managed to beat out James Sanders for the starting job yet?

Jeez I was in shock when I read this, thought it was Merriweather. OP you are supposed to us OT and stop giving us old guys heart attacks!

apologies, I should have been more clearer with the thread title

It's not like Meriweather has been indispensable lately. Has he even managed to beat out James Sanders for the starting job yet?

Losing Meriweather would be a huge blow to the defense. It's foolish to suggest otherwise.

Losing Meriweather would be a huge blow to the defense. It's foolish to suggest otherwise.

Agreed, I don't know why so many dislike him.

Do you even understand how steroids work? It's not like you turn into a worthless cripple the minute you stop juicing.

Ufortunately I do... In health care ....
As I clearly pointed out his production did not go down after steroid use was stopped, he went on for two more seasons and still provided major production.

Maybe the use of many years has destroyed his body but that's a diff story

Would u like to continue his because I have tons of 1st hand knowledge

I bet the jets would take a chance and he would make an impact.:rolleyes:I am willing to take anybody right now and he if they can rush the QB.

Sign the beast..... :cool: :rolleyes:

Can he rush the passer? Why don't we find out, he's only 26 and was a beast in previous years. Bet there were a lot of Patriot fans who didn't care for Rodney Harrison when he was with the Chargers. Speaking of Harrison, he also used Roids. San Diego cut him after they decided he lost a step. Good move, right? He made mistakes, so maybe he's matured. The only question I have is, if he's healthy, and off roids. Don't care what comments he made concerning the Patriots.

I would take a shot... worst thing is we would have to cut him a few weeks down the road. The upside if he plays half as well as he can is worth it.

A washed up steriod using woman beater?

Yeah, he'll be great for the lockeroom.

Tila is fn crazy.

I'd definately bring him in. Could be a leader. Could be a big difference maker.

Last edited:

Can he rush the passer? Why don't we find out, he's only 26 and was a beast in previous years. Bet there were a lot of Patriot fans who didn't care for Rodney Harrison when he was with the Chargers. Speaking of Harrison, he also used Roids. San Diego cut him after they decided he lost a step. Good move, right? He made mistakes, so maybe he's matured. The only question I have is, if he's healthy, and off roids. Don't care what comments he made concerning the Patriots.

Good argument ! Me liking this ...

Lights out Shawn ... lights out.

Bulb_lights_up_2.gif

Last edited:
Shawne Merriman to be released

According to ESPN the Chargers will soon release Merriman. Lets get him.:rocker:

"San Diego Chargers announced that Merriman was placed on the Reserved-Injured list and, per NFL rules, will be released when he is healthy"

EDIT: My bad, There's already a thread on the subject.

Last edited:
Re: Shawne Merriman to be released

Let's kick the tires.

I'm sure there are players now in our roster who are using PEDs. It's naive for peopel to think these guys get as big, fast and strong as they are without using performance enhancers. As far as I know, this guy isn't a POS beating on women and children.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes