PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Merriman: Broncos were incredibly disrespectful

Status
Not open for further replies.

carolinatony

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
I guess the Broncos have no Class as well as us in the Chargers eyes:)

Tom Sheridan and Scott Bair of the North County Times report Monday night's clash between the Chargers and rival Denver got started a little early. A pregame jawing session turned into a full-scale war of words between the squads during warm-ups.

The Broncos walked on to the field en masse, traveling right by a few stretching Chargers players. It's unclear exactly how the fracas began, but outside linebacker Shaun Phillips and Broncos defense lineman Kenny Peterson were at the center of the scrum.

That attracted players from all over the field, including several Chargers impact players. Shawne Merriman removed Phillips from the middle and took over as chief "negotiator" along with inside linebacker Stephen Cooper.

"They came out and were incredibly disrespectful," Merriman said. "We couldn't just let it go. Not in our own building."

Re: LOL- Merriman: Broncos were incredibly disrespectful

Well, everyone knows the Chargers understand what disrespectful means. After all, they're the gold standard for it. :D

What is there to respect about SD? I can't think of a thing..

I guess Coach Belichick taught Josh McDaniels well. :rolleyes:

Hoo, boy! Merriman better not watch NFL Live today, because Dilfer anointed the Broncos as the "Classy" team of the NFL. So sorry, Chargers. Looks like the Donks come into your house and took away the game, your hopes for a division win AND your Classy Awards all in one night! OUCH!

San Diego still hasn't figured out that their window of opportunity has already closed.

You mean disrespectful like saying you're going to hit the opposing QB right in the mouth disrespectful?

Last edited:
And this is the guy some people want us to trade for? puhleeze all's he does is whine and his stupid lights out dance

"They came out and were incredibly disrespectful," Merriman said. "We couldn't just let it go. Not in our own building."
My favourite quote from this article. Hey Shawne.. you could have tried beating them to counteract this disrespect.

If Merriman thought they were so disrespectful, he should have actually done something about it. As far as I can see, that guy was invisible throughout the entire game. I kind of like it that way though. If he's invisible, that means that we don't have to see that ridiculous dance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back