PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Meriweather Benched

Status
Not open for further replies.
That 2007 draft (I mean the players BB drafted, not Welker or Moss) was the worst from any team that I've ever seen.

You have not see a lot then. Go check Seattle and they will blow your mind.

Last edited:
No one ever claimed he was great. Every pat fan knows he was not very good, but he was the best of a bad bunch. Are you going to try and claim sergio brown or barrett are better.

But don't you find it ironic that the reason he is getting benched now is exactly the reason why the Pats released him?

"Meriweather played a bit reckless throughout the game, opting for big hits rather than wrapping up for the tackle. The former New England Patriot seems to be having a tough time adjusting to a new defensive system."

Yup, sounds like the Meriweather I know.lol

At least we won't have to watch him get dragged into the endzone by Braylon Edwards again. That was my "F Meriweather" moment.

"NFL Executive V.P. for Football Operations Ray Anderson has become disturbed by Meriweather’s style of play, and that Meriweather may be required to have a face-to-face meeting with league officials about the matter. At the same time, the Bears’ coaches have become disturbed by Meriweather’s quality of play"

I always wondered if BB thought that Merri was a time bomb waiting to detonate in the League Office and leave the Pats with a suspended starting safety.

It's letting go Sanders that I never understood.

Last edited:
"NFL Executive V.P. for Football Operations Ray Anderson has become disturbed by Meriweather’s style of play, and that Meriweather may be required to have a face-to-face meeting with league officials about the matter. At the same time, the Bears’ coaches have become disturbed by Meriweather’s quality of play"

I always wondered if BB thought that Merri was a time bomb waiting to detonate in the League Office and leave the Pats with a suspended starting safety.

Good point. I was okay with letting either one of them go individually, but cutting both was a giant wtf.

Good point. I was okay with letting either one of them go individually, but cutting both was a giant wtf.

As for Sanders, I think a little bird named DW might have whispered in BB's ear. :D

HIT STICK!!! Bestest safety in all of ever!!! ;)

LOL please tell me someone else has direct tv and has been watching a few bears games?

Meriweather straight whiffed during a game. Missing guys completely. LOL

I saw some of that game...and yes he was terrible

At least we won't have to watch him get dragged into the endzone by Braylon Edwards again. That was my "F Meriweather" moment.

If there was ever a time to lay a big hit dislodging the ball, that was it.

Meri always a day late and a dollar short.

Now Meri is more or less castrated with the NFL watching him.

He will play hesitant and worse now.

Remember Sanders was off the field for most of camp before he was released. I had a strong feeling that a part of the reason was that he showed up in poor shape, and when you are a guy who has to make up for speed and quickness liabilities there can't be much patience for being out of shape.

If there was ever a time to lay a big hit dislodging the ball, that was it.

Meri always a day late and a dollar short.

Here's what this homer would like to see...

Merri's fiasco in ChiTown is a life changing wakeup call.
As a FA he signs an incentive laden deal with NE and with his epiphany absorbs the coaching and utilizes his talent effectively.

Why does the Kraft v. Henry thread get moved for not being sufficiently Patriots related while this thread hangs around day after day?

Why does the Kraft v. Henry thread get moved for not being sufficiently Patriots related while this thread hangs around day after day?

Racism.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes