PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Meet the Buffal-oafs

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know one thing for sure. It's a lot easier to gain pounds than it is to loose them.

I think the Ryan boys are just great for the Patriots because they 're mediocre. There's a decent chance that they can run a few more years in Buffalo before getting fired. By that time, hopefully Miami will pick them up!

No mean feet, I might add.

I am more than a little annoyed by that article. So much I can relate too but surprise I am now going to criticize journalism.

That thing is so clearly written to prey on us. All types of scientific crap to confuse, no solutions or even recommendations for next steps, it pretty much is saying these biggest losers are F'ed and you will be no different.

I am not saying its right or wrong and given my own experiences there is plenty that is accurate but it is so clearly written to scare us into talking about the article that I am sure most people would share this article with others.

I think the best advice I can give which was maybe just a small blip at the end of that article is try your hardest to eat good healthy clean food and maintain what ever is a reasonable calorie intake for yourself. Your diet is so much more important than your excerise routine(not to belittle that as part of healthy living).

If your hungry all the time there is no way you can maintain so listen to your body and eat something just have it be healthy. Also be willing to cheat just try to be smart about it by finding things you love and crave that isn't a bag of chips or a doughnut. And also don't let yourself get depressed if you do binge on the chips or doughnuts just get back on the train.

For me I have been relying on seafood. Growing up in New England there is so much in the ocean to love that just having a lobster or some oysters is a treat that can be filling and not to high in calories. Eating nuts instead of chips when I crave salty snacks. Things like that have helped me.

I've only been at for 3 years compared to the first 30 years in which I ignored it. I am hopeful to never let myself get close to 300 ever again.

Please don't read this as my thinking I have cracked some code I haven't my diet is far from perfect and I am sure I have plenty of tough times ahead trying to maintain.

I found the article useful. Like you I have been battling weight but it has been for the last 12 years or so. I gave up smoking after my kid was born and have been putting on the pounds ever since. Prior to that I could eat at will without gaining a pound.

Knowing some of the biological reasoning behind weight gain does not scare me rather lets me know what I am dealing with.

I do agree with you in that making healthy choices is definitely one of the keys. Not breaking down and shoving a 20" pizza down my throat is another. haha

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes