PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: McNabb to Miami for their #1???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last edited:
it's just the sort of move that Miami would have made before Parcells came along. McNabb is not worth a first round pick, let alone a number one. it wouldn't be a good deal even if Miami got Mcnabb plus Philly's number one.

IMO, Miami should trade their pick to Dallas for both their number ones and a number two this year or next or a player.

I concur that such a trade was what the previous Miami regimes would have done. But Parcels is not that kind of goofball, and the situation no longer requires it.

I am not saying he will or he won't, but Parcels knows that you win or lose based on the QB that you have. Period.

In rebuilding a franchise the first thing needed is for everyone, FO, owner, and fans to recognize a major rebuild needs to be done. That usually costs some Coach his job illustrating that. Then you need another Coach to confirm that band aids won't do. That usually costs another Coach his job.

Now finally you can get serious. That is the place for total reconstruction to start, and Parcels accepted the proposition, given that the groundwork had been done by Nick Saban, and the ex-Charger OC, sacrificial lamb.

In Scouting a QB, many Scouts look for arm, size and legs. But Parcels doesn't and neither do I. You look for a HEAD. And secondarily you look for a Head, a Head, and an Arm. And tertiary, you look for a Head, a Head, and a Head, an Am, and Size. And then you look for a Head, a Head, a Head, a Head, and Arm, Size, and Legs.

Did I mention that you in evaluating QBs you look for some one with smarts between the ears, first of all? What I think is irrelevant, what Parcels thinks is key.

I don't know how Matt Ryan stacks up, he has the triangle; but he has the earmarks of a big time QB, having already graduated and working on his Master's degree this season, while excelling in big time football. He is worth consideration as a #1 pick in my opinion. It's my guess that Parcels goes there.

I concur that such a trade was what the previous Miami regimes would have done. But Parcels is not that kind of goofball, and the situation no longer requires it.

I am not saying he will or he won't, but Parcels knows that you win or lose based on the QB that you have. Period.

In rebuilding a franchise the first thing needed is for everyone, FO, owner, and fans to recognize a major rebuild needs to be done. That usually costs some Coach his job illustrating that. Then you need another Coach to confirm that band aids won't do. That usually costs another Coach his job.

Now finally you can get serious. That is the place for total reconstruction to start, and Parcels accepted the proposition, given that the groundwork had been done by Nick Saban, and the ex-Charger OC, sacrificial lamb.

In Scouting a QB, many Scouts look for arm, size and legs. But Parcels doesn't and neither do I. You look for a HEAD. And secondarily you look for a Head, a Head, and an Arm. And tertiary, you look for a Head, a Head, and a Head, an Am, and Size. And then you look for a Head, a Head, a Head, a Head, and Arm, Size, and Legs.

Did I mention that you in evaluating QBs you look for some one with smarts between the ears, first of all? What I think is irrelevant, what Parcels thinks is key.

I don't know how Matt Ryan stacks up, he has the triangle; but he has the earmarks of a big time QB, having already graduated and working on his Master's degree this season, while excelling in big time football. He is worth consideration as a #1 pick in my opinion. It's my guess that Parcels goes there.

good observation...i agree...

I wouldn't give up a second rounder for McNabb, let alone the first overall pick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back