PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: McNabb to Miami for their #1???

Status
Not open for further replies.

DisgruntledTunaFan

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
OK-this is probably BS. But nonetheless, let's enjoy it while it lasts.

http://www.yardbarker.com/nfl/artic..._Miami_for_1_overall_pick_in_2008_draft/61122

Eagles QB Donovan Mcnabb Traded to Miami for #1 overall pick in 2008 draft submitted by PhillyRapture
5 hours ago | 25 comments | Email to a Friend No link. Just some inside information here so my source must remain in the shadows. If you read the title that is the word down on the streets of South Philadelphia. This is easily the worst move made by the Reid and Banner era, however, it is now official that the Eagles are in rebuilding mode and will take this time to let their division rivals fight amongst themselves. In the meantime, those who wanted Kevin Kolb to start will likely get their wish and should be sure to embrace their upcoming 2008 losing season. Remember where you heard it first.

i would say BS, he is no way worth the #1. i don't think he's worth any 1st round pick.

i believe this is no way. this would be a terrible trade.

blowing smoke

It could be true...maybe Wayne H has a thing for older QB's who are injury prone (Culpepper, Trent Green, Donovan).

Maybe they should have just stuck with Joey Harrington?

Please Miami!!
Why did the Eagles have to wait until now to bring this up?
Do it before the dolphins get someone good for their staff!

The Culpepper experiment failed miserably down there. No way they go down that path (i.e. vet, injury prone, former All pro, slowingrushing QB) again.

Yeah, I'd do it before Tuna sobers up if I'm the iggles.

He is worth say a Minnasota 1 but not the overall number 1... Parcells is not that dumb...

I as a personal friend of Mcnabb asked him about this rumor, he started hyperventilating and barfed, prompting Fred Ex to answer for him. And Freddy says that Mcnabb is excited but currently out of breath.

Sounds like something someone on WIP would say. And, took a life of it's own. WIP is Philly's equivalent of WEEI.

nope, its fake...

reportedly philly wants 3 first rd picks for mcnabb....

but i dont think the fins would mind making the deal...i mean...just another washed up QB to do nothign with

As others have noted, there's no way McNabb is worth a 1st rounder. If true, the Eagles are posturing. He's not worth more than a 3rd at this point and that might be high.

As was pointed out in the comments on that link... this is impossible because we are way past the trade deadline, you can't make a trade until March!

Funny followup story someone added to that site, in response:

http://www.yardbarker.com/nfl/artic..._Miami_for_1_overall_pick_in_2008_draft/61207

"Falcons QB Michael Vick Traded to Miami for #1 overall pick in 2008 draft

In a shocking move, Bill Parcells and the Miami Dolphins will be announcing a trade that's so secret, they got permission to announce it before trades are allowed, and long after the NFL trade deadline. The Dolphins will be trading the #1 overall draft pick to the Atlanta Falcons for QB Michael Vick, 4 season tickets for the Atlanta Braves, a Cadillac Escalade, 2 VIP passes to the Gold Club, and 1, all-important, "Get Michael Vick Out of Prison, Free Card". "

Last edited:
parcells may be from jersey, but he's not as dumb as he looks.

Pure insanity and wishful thinking out of Philly. Donovan McNabb is a nice player but not a championship QB. You don't give up the number 1 pick for a 30 yr old nice QB with a bad knee to run a team that has holes all over its' roster.
The Tuna will give up the #1 for lots of draft choices.

i can see them asking for a first rounder to start the negotiating, but not someone actually biting on that

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down