PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: McNabb says "It's not all my fault"

Status
Not open for further replies.

DisgruntledTunaFan

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Just curious, Pats fans-any chance you can trade Jabar Gaffney, Eugene Wilson, or James Sanders for McNabb to back up Brady next year?:singing:

POSTED 3:57 p.m. EST, November 7, 2007

MCNABB: IT'S NOT ALL MY FAULT
by Michael David Smith

Seeming perhaps a little too defensive, Eagles quarterback Donovan McNabb today said at his weekly press conference that he shouldn't get all the blame for the Eagles' 3-5 record.

"It's easy to blame the quarterback when the team loses, but I'm definitely not the whole reason why we lost these games," McNabb said. "I can definitely help - yes I can - but I [shouldn't get the full] blame for everything that goes on around here."

Those comments could be perceived as a dig at his teammates -- the logical extension of saying he's not the whole reason the Eagles lost five games is that some of his teammates also deserve blame.

Obviously, everyone knows that football is a team sport, and that it's never all the quarterback's fault when a team falls short of expectations. And since everyone knows that, McNabb would be better off leaving it unsaid, as saying it makes him come across as desperate to deflect criticism.

Earlier this week, Eagles coach Andy Reid was questioned about whether McNabb could be benched in favor of rookie Kevin Kolb, and although Reid said he supported McNabb, he added that "nothing is guaranteed."

When asked about that today, McNabb said, "I'm prepared to be the guy who can go out there and help us win games."

Source: PFT

It's going to get uglier once they eventually pull McNabb and play the rookie. It will be an admission that this season is lost and that clubhouse will divide into pro and anti Donovan factions as it did when T.O. was there.....

I wish there was a way to delicately put my next point without the risk of offending anyone or getting myself banned but having lived here in Philly for 20+ years I can envision the race card being played.
Donovan McNabb is on the wrong side of 30 with diminishing skills playing on a team that generally discards any player after 30 (when BB thinks linebackers ripen). And he just threw the rest of his team under the bus...At least Peyton only threw the O Line there...

this is why mcnabb will never be considered elite in my mind.. i could never imagine brady, manning, even a favre throwing their teams under the bus like that.. im just waiting for mcnabb to pull the race card again..

this is why mcnabb will never be considered elite in my mind.. i could never imagine brady, manning, even a favre throwing their teams under the bus like that.. im just waiting for mcnabb to pull the race card again..

Manning routinely throws his team under the bus. He did this week.

But I agree with your overall point. :D

He probably shouldn't say that, but what he's saying is really the truth. QB's get to much of the credit for both losses, and wins.

Last edited:

"I'm trying to be a good teammate here, but let me just say that we had some problems with protection."

Can't imgine brady, manning, or even favre throwing their teams under the bust like that :rolleyes:

This is just a sign of McNabb backing into the corner trying to fight off the ney sayers and his coaching staff for as long as he possibly can. Donovan, if this is true, you don't need to say it, your staff knows what is happening on the field and is very aware of each and every snap you've taken this year.

The end is very near for #5 in Philly, not a good thing for him to say. Just add this to the list for him, this is almost as done as Donovan saying black QBs have it tougher.

Hey Miami needs a QB, and they like to get former overrated QBs in ill-advised trades just so their naive fans can swarm to rival fan sites and brag about something.

Before the games start for real, and the losing continues. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back