PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: McFarland out for year?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just FYI, I guess one of the local stations in Indy is reporting he's out 3 to 4 weeks this morning.

Apparently Florio and PFT heard something even before the MRI comments from Dungy yesterday...

Reminds me of how BB handled the Chad Scott injury. I wonder if they'll re-sign Simon now.

Reminds me of how BB handled the Chad Scott injury. I wonder if they'll resign Simon now.

I really don't see how you can say this is similar, nobody from the Colts has said a word. They Colts aren't going anywhere near Simon. Heck his salary is still on the books.

I really don't see how you can say this is similar, nobody from the Colts has said a word. They Colts aren't going anywhere near Simon. Heck his salary is still on the books.

Actually Tony said he didn't know the nature of the injuries and believed the MRI's were precautionary. That's about the equivalent of BB saying day to day...only he gets sniped at for it. As I recall Corey was expected to miss 3-4 weeks when he had his TC procedure last August...

Simon's 2007 salary is no longer on the books. That's his dead cap... Funny that we never heard anything about his grievance over the salary that was withheld last season when he was placed on NFI ($1.9M I believe) being heard.

Gotta love the couple of geniuses over on Indy Star who think Tank would be a good pickup, even under an 8 game suspension...LOL

good i hope he's out for the whole year.

Actually Tony said he didn't know the nature of the injuries and believed the MRI's were precautionary. That's about the equivalent of BB saying day to day...only he gets sniped at for it. As I recall Corey was expected to miss 3-4 weeks when he had his TC procedure last August...

Simon's 2007 salary is no longer on the books. That's his dead cap... Funny that we never heard anything about his grievance over the salary that was withheld last season when he was placed on NFI ($1.9M I believe) being heard.

Gotta love the couple of geniuses over on Indy Star who think Tank would be a good pickup, even under an 8 game suspension...LOL

Tony's comments were before the MRI, I thought BB's were right before the declared him done fore the year. If I got that mixed up, my bad.

When I was talking about Simon's salary, I was refering to his cap hit. So it wouldn't make sense to have him double up against the cap.

I think if the Colts were to go after a current or former Bears lineman, it would be Alex Brown, not anyone with baggage like Tank. The Colts just go rid of their baggage player by cutting Simon.

Re: O/T McFarland out for year?

Come on, I think most of us read it as "let's see if they could/can overcome the rash of injuries that affected the Pats the last few years and could they be as successful??" It's not wishing it on a team, it's a statement of opinion.

I guess you don't read all the posts in a thread otherwise I don't think that you would have posted this. See my post on page 2 (which is a few up from yours) to see what I was talking about. Read all posts and then post, that way yuou won't continue to stick your foot in your mouth.

Nice.

::ten characters::
Look, you won last year, we're chasing you - we don't want anyone to sustain a lifetime injury - but something that'll put them out for the year only ? Bring it on.

I was under the impression simon failed his physical?

Saw this on a Colts thread and I'm pretty sure it was by Colts fans who said they heard the news on a local TV station.

http://boards.espn.go.com/boards/mb/mb?sport=nfl&id=ind&tid=1205114&lid=3

If its true, big blow to the Colts DL as he was their 2nd best player during their D being flat out dominant in the playoffs last year....

ESPN message boards don't tend to have the highest level of reliability or intelligence though so not sure.

It wasn't just Booger McFarland. The Colts are concerned about a couple other defensive starters as well. DE Robert Mathis and LB Robert Morris are also undergoing MRI's And Corey Simon is done as a Colt.
http://www.colts.com/sub.cfm?page=article7&news_id=dd57207b-7a56-4209-ba82-f2b963eefb21

After several years of extreme luck, the Colts are losing players to Injury, Free Agency, and being cut for nonperformance.

If they lose these guys their D-line will have one starter (who got 3 sacks); the LBs will have one starter (who was benched last year); and 2 DBs ( one of whom was a 6th rounder forced into starting, due to starter injuries; and a much injured SS Starter who played 4 games out of 16).

Not even an expansion club Defense!

Meanwhile the O has lost three Starters as well. Pro bowler LOT Glenn, Slot receiver Stockley, and RB Dominic Rhodes. Marvin Harrison is 35...

The Colts appear to be on course for the many SB winners who didn't even turn in a winning season the year after...

Re: O/T McFarland out for year?

I guess you don't read all the posts in a thread otherwise I don't think that you would have posted this. See my post on page 2 (which is a few up from yours) to see what I was talking about. Read all posts and then post, that way yuou won't continue to stick your foot in your mouth.

Who urinated in your Cheerios this morning? Your sarcasm didn't come thru on the first posting ( and yes there are those who would wish injuries on others) and I missed the sarcasm comment in the second posting, excuse me.. As for the 'continue to stick foot in mouth " comment, what are you talking about?

I have been saying it for awhile now....but, I agree with Colt fans....that the losses on defense this offseason might be fine. The DB'S they speak of MIGHT be better than what they had last year.

But the question I have is....what happens now if any of their starters go down with injury...which will most certainly happen at some point in the season. The depth on defense seems to be in a really bad spot.

Last year if a guy like Harper went down....they could plug Jackson in (who wasn't a rookie) now with any losses to their starters....rookie's will be thrown into the mix.

It wasn't just Booger McFarland. The Colts are concerned about a couple other defensive starters as well. DE Robert Mathis and LB Robert Morris are also undergoing MRI's And Corey Simon is done as a Colt.
http://www.colts.com/sub.cfm?page=article7&news_id=dd57207b-7a56-4209-ba82-f2b963eefb21

After several years of extreme luck, the Colts are losing players to Injury, Free Agency, and being cut for nonperformance.

If they lose these guys their D-line will have one starter (who got 3 sacks); the LBs will have one starter (who was benched last year); and 2 DBs ( one of whom was a 6th rounder forced into starting, due to starter injuries; and a much injured SS Starter who played 4 games out of 16).

Not even an expansion club Defense!

Meanwhile the O has lost three Starters as well. Pro bowler LOT Glenn, Slot receiver Stockley, and RB Dominic Rhodes. Marvin Harrison is 35...

The Colts appear to be on course for the many SB winners who didn't even turn in a winning season the year after...

Man, I'm not even sure where to start with this post. You are knocking out several guys, only one of which has any speculation around him. Freeney had 5.5 sacks not 3. Brock was a starter last season, he still there as well. You are wrong about the LBers as well, Bracket and Morris were both starters that year, Morris replaced Gardner and Gardner has been cut. That 6th rounder (Bethea) that you are referring to was a gem last season and allowed them to let the starter he replaced leave in free agency. Stokley had 8 catches last year and was out most of the season. Not to mention that spent their 1st round pick on his repacement. While Marvin maybe about to turn 35, at the age of 34 he had 95 catches for 1300 yards and 12 TDs. Losing Glenn will hurt. Losing Rhodes will take a few game to tell how much of an impact that will have.

BTW, the Colts have been losing players to free agency most every year, many of which were contributors and not just role players and they have not been spared by the injury bug.

Since they have yet to play a single preseason game, I think it may be a little early to predict a sub .500 season already.

Stokley, Raegor they didn't have last year so its tough to call those guys losses.

Jackson/Hayden will fillin fine for Harper/David I think..

Tarik Glenn is a big one though, I'm sure most Colts fans would agree with that when your in the AFC and need guys to block Merriman, Seymour, Pryce, Adalius, etc...

McFarland could be big as he was a cog in the middle last year in the playoffs, we'll see how inj he is....

As long as they have Manning, Harrison and Wayne I can't imagine they don't make the playoffs but I would put SD/NE over them right now. Although I am a firm believer that your the champ until it is proved otherwise...

Saw this on a Colts thread and I'm pretty sure it was by Colts fans who said they heard the news on a local TV station.

http://boards.espn.go.com/boards/mb/mb?sport=nfl&id=ind&tid=1205114&lid=3

If its true, big blow to the Colts DL as he was their 2nd best player during their D being flatout dominant in the playoffs last year....

ESPN message boards don't tend to have the highest level of reliability or intelligence though so not sure.
they'll probably take a look at dequincy scott

Man, I'm not even sure where to start with this post. You are knocking out several guys, only one of which has any speculation around him. Freeney had 5.5 sacks not 3. Brock was a starter last season, he still there as well. You are wrong about the LBers as well, Bracket and Morris were both starters that year, Morris replaced Gardner and Gardner has been cut. That 6th rounder (Bethea) that you are referring to was a gem last season and allowed them to let the starter he replaced leave in free agency. Stokley had 8 catches last year and was out most of the season. Not to mention that spent their 1st round pick on his repacement. While Marvin maybe about to turn 35, at the age of 34 he had 95 catches for 1300 yards and 12 TDs. Losing Glenn will hurt. Losing Rhodes will take a few game to tell how much of an impact that will have.

BTW, the Colts have been losing players to free agency most every year, many of which were contributors and not just role players and they have not been spared by the injury bug.

Since they have yet to play a single preseason game, I think it may be a little early to predict a sub .500 season already.
Take if from Pats fans, who know about losing players to free agency and injuries. It does hit at your depth. Every team sustains injuries over the coarse of the year, so depth is important if you expect your team to be a contender.

I'm not predicting a sub- .500 season, but I think the Colts have a very difficult season ahead. They might not even win their division. Any thoughts of a repeat would be unreasonably optomistic.

Again, we've had these issues over the last few years at NE. We've managed to remain very competitive, but we haven't won the big one for a couple of years. Now we've restocked.

Stokley, Raegor they didn't have last year so its tough to call those guys losses.

Jackson/Hayden will fillin fine for Harper/David I think..

Tarik Glenn is a big one though, I'm sure most Colts fans would agree with that when your in the AFC and need guys to block Merriman, Seymour, Pryce, Adalius, etc...

McFarland could be big as he was a cog in the middle last year in the playoffs, we'll see how inj he is....

As long as they have Manning, Harrison and Wayne I can't imagine they don't make the playoffs but I would put SD/NE over them right now. Although I am a firm believer that your the champ until it is proved otherwise...

Last year if Harper/David got hurt then Jackson/Hayden could come in and be just as effective......what now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back