PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Marvin Lewis Coach Of The Year

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would have voted for Payton.

Glad to see Caldwell got zero votes. Not a slight to him, but I mean come on. Without Peyton's several comebacks they win maybe 10 games. Actually, yes that is a slight to him. :)

A well deserved award for him, the culture for that team really seems to be turning around.

I would have voted for Payton.

Glad to see Caldwell got zero votes. Not a slight to him, but I mean come on. Without Peyton's several comebacks they win maybe 10 games. Actually, yes that is a slight to him. :)

He had 7 votes, by the way.

Greetings,

Congratulations to Marvin Lewis for winning coach of the year. Hopefully, for him, the franchise will not undermine him again in the decisions that he makes.
Shalom,
Celticboy04

I don't really like the Coach of the Year award. It's never given to the best coach, but rather the coach who surprises voters the most. In essense, it's a way for the media and voters to avoid blaming themselves for totally missing on a team; they can instead praise the coach as the difference, not their own predictions.

Benson, and the shift to a running offense was a big part of their success. They had two young corners step up, and the defense was great under Mike Zimmer. Those who say Lewis was a great DC also have to admit the Bengals D has been wildly inconsistent under him, and just because you're a good coordinator doesn't make you a good coach in that area (see Brian Billick, RAC).

Good for Lewis though. He wasn't the best coach this year, but this award isn't about the best coach.

He screwed his team in the playoffs when it counted the most with his bad use of challenges. Thats why these awards should be given at the end of the playoffs, it's not only part of the season- it's the most important part.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back