Welcome to PatsFans.com

OT - marty press conference

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by Gumby, Jan 15, 2007.

1. Gumby

Gumby Rookie

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0

#11 Jersey

just saw the marty press conference from end of game.

I just have to say; although I dont respect him as a game day coach; he is a good man. It just comes through. In loss he carries himself well with a more optimistic attitude than BB had in victory. (maybe cause he has so much experience in the situation ;) ).

I feel bad for him personally; but he just will never escape the choker moniker if he couldn't do it with this team.
  2. SoonerPatriot

SoonerPatriot Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

I don't dislike Marty like I do Juice and Tomlinson. He's basically a sad sack kind of guy.
  3. DisgruntledTunaFan

DisgruntledTunaFan Rookie

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

I think "the drive" and "the fumble" are still in his head.

Let's play a "What If"-IF the Browns had stopped the 99 yard Elway drive...

The Browns would have beat the Giants in the '86 Super Bowl. The Browns would have gone on the become an NFL destiny.("the fumble" wouldn't have happened)

Parcells wouldn't have had any Super Bowl rings(and Joe Gibbs would have stopped at 1)hence the 1)"old" Cleveland Browns would still exist, 2)NONE of Tuna's assistants would see the success they're having now, 3)Marty would have gone down as one of the all-time greats.

And *sigh* this current Pats dynasty(and Brady) would be nothing more than a pipe-dream.:(
  4. ghostPatsfan

ghostPatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I think you're right, Gumby. I wouldn't want the guy anywhere near my team as a head coach, but I'd love to have him as a member of my family. I also found myself saying to one of the guys I was watching the game with as we were lining up to kick the game winner, "I can't believe Marty's going to lose this game. I actually feel bad for him", to which my friend replied, "Don't jinx! Game ain't over yet!" lol. That snapped me out of it.
    Last edited: Jan 15, 2007
  5. Patti37

Patti37 Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

My favorite comment from his press conference was when he said if we had more time we may have won.

He does seem like a decent guy and is an excellent regular season coach. There is just something about the playoff that does him in.
  6. RayClay

RayClay On the Roster

Ratings:
    +454 / 5 / -6

#75 Jersey

Marty's a nice guy, content with a good season despite losing the big game.

Belichick is not a nice guy.

Thank God!!!!!!!
  7. Pat the Pats Fan

Pat the Pats Fan Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

I found it interesting, during the first half, Marty wasn't wearing a headset, but half way through quarter three, he was. I think he knew what was happening, and couldn't keep out of it.

I didn't have much respect for Marty. Not once did he mention the Pats or any of our players by name.