PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT:Marshawn Lynch Laughed Hysterically After WIlson’s INT

Status
Not open for further replies.
You've got to be kidding. Laughing hysterically? These are American people playing professional football (at least they're SUPPOSED to be professionals). There is no personal/socio-cultural variance granted here. That was completely selfish, "shoulda gimme the ball" me-first petulance on display. If there's any doubt, check out Lynch walking off the field with a big sarcastic smile on his face staring at his still shell-shocked coach. INCREDIBLY disrespectful.

Of course he wished he got the ball, who wouldn't? But I wouldn't think any different had he slammed his helmet on the ground... or stood there with a blank expression.

FWIW, Lynch walked by Carroll but he wasn't staring at him. He may have even intentionally walked by to make a statement, but it's no different a statement than the one throwing a fit would have made. The guy is just an odd duck.

I interpreted it as a "youve gotta be freaking kidding me" reaction. Great player, runs hard for 4 quarters. Not sure why people have brought out the "loser" moniker. Doesnt seem to fit him at all.

Ridiculous thread, people react differently to things. It's possible he was pissed about not getting the ball but that's an unfair assumption.

I'm sure he was laughing because he thought the play should have gone to him. Lynch is a total loser. A very selfish player. If his crotch grabbing didn't tell you that then this should.

Not a lot new, I agree. If you follow the guy's antics, then you're not surprised. If you're shocked, then IMO, you're not paying attention to the man's character. He's another example of what's wrong with pro athletes.

Dude can absolutely run the snot out of the football, though. He runs with a violence and aggression that reminds me of Earl Campbell.

Lynch didn't laugh because he was happy any more than Butler burst into tears because he was unhappy.
People laugh derisively. Lynch was showing his disdain in a selfish manner.

This video tells me that Lynch doesn't really respect Carroll's offensive play calling or input. He might respect him as a coach, but he doesn't seem to think he is much of an offensive mind. That is why I think he is laughing at Carroll.

He was...did you see the play?

Yea, about a thousand times. I guess I was confused w lynch laughing w his helmet off like he was on the sidelines.

Sorry. Carry on.

A little off topic, why wasn't lynch on the field for that play? Even with passing, let the defense think run.

He was on the field for that play

Comes off as a dude who has a serious distrust/dislike for white folks. I could be wrong, just how I see it. I'd go so far as saying that if they don't get rid of him, a divided locker room is on it's way. This is when Pete's hippy nonsense comes home to roost. There are already rumors all over the place that some players don't consider Wilson "black enough". If Marshawn is in that group, that final play call probably put all kinds of ammo in the gun for him, hence the laughing.

"You wanted Wilson to be the hero, because im too "black" for America, that's what y'all get."

I think the Manny Ramirez analogy is a good one.

This guy just marches to his own beat. Can't really read anything into it IMO.

Comes off as a dude who has a serious distrust/dislike for white folks. I could be wrong, just how I see it. I'd go so far as saying that if they don't get rid of him, a divided locker room is on it's way. This is when Pete's hippy nonsense comes home to roost. There are already rumors all over the place that some players don't consider Wilson "black enough". If Marshawn is in that group, that final play call probably put all kinds of ammo in the gun for him, hence the laughing.

"You wanted Wilson to be the hero, because im too "black" for America, that's what y'all get."

Yeah he really hates white people.

Hush up with your racist talk.

It's not our problem so I don't really care but I agree with both sides here. He was pretty obviously thinking he should have gotten the ball. To me it was more of a "what can you do" type laugh. That said, he clearly doesn't much like Carroll. I don't know about Wilson, but I've heard he doesn't, and it was hard not to notice that when Wilson talked to him on the bench, he just seemed to be trying too hard to establish some kind of rapport. But that could have been me projecting because of the stuff that has come out about Lynch and Seattle.

My understanding from a Seahawks fan was that it was Percy Harvin who said that, which was the impetus for Lynch not getting on the bus unless they cut either Harvin or himself.

Which made me start liking Lynch more. But hey, could be wrong.

the play was a wilson roll out with a run or throw away

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey