PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Marshawn Lynch has "zero trade value"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Then I take it I'm in the minority. Because I would trade for him. I see a bargain, others see a risk. If it's a risk, it's certainly a low risk if you do consider his age and contract.

I mean I'm not ignoring his checkered past, I'm not just looking at one player's talent. No, I feel that it takes a better person to admit that mistakes have been made in their life. Or they've made the wrong decisions but they'd learn from it and were able to move on and get on with things. Sometimes, a person proves he isn't as bad as it would seem on paper. The first step is to acknowledge that you aren't perfect. But it'll be up to you to change and not ruin your career. At his age, he does have room for growth.

It seems obvious to me that he's a person who could benefit from a change in scenery.

In my opinion, Belichick has to be the opportunist in this case. One team's castoff is another team's good fortune. In other words, acquiring him is a shrewd move.

Lynch, whose charitable efforts in the Bay Area include an annual football camp that will take place in July and efforts to provide housing for single mothers, made a conscious effort to be active in the Buffalo community. Among other endeavors, he joined teammate Terrence McGee in helping to sponsor a three-on-three basketball tournament last June that was sponsored by the city’s Police Athletic League.

While Lynch may be tentative about going out in public, he is bringing a go-for-broke mentality into the 2010 season. He recently surprised Hendrickson by telling the agent he intended to participate in some of the Bills’ OTA sessions and to fight for playing time in training camp.

"He’s in great spirits," Hendrickson said. "He’s looking forward to competing and being the back he’s capable of being. People are writing him off, but he’s only 24 years old and he has a lot of great football left."

Said Lynch: "People are going to have their doubts. They’re supposed to, and that's the beauty of it all. They doubt you. You prove ‘em wrong. Then they say, 'This guy is wonderful.' I love it.

"What will you see from me this year? Beast mode."

Whatever his football future holds, Lynch vowed that his days of misbehavior are behind him and that he’ll work to change the way he's perceived in Buffalo and elsewhere.

"If I was that much of a menace, if I was really that bad – the way that people look at me, have this perception of me – I’d probably be in a much worse situation," he said. "Yeah, I’ve done some bad things. But I’m bouncing back.

Lynch ready to make best of tough situation - NFL - Yahoo! Sports

Dillon and Moss both had character concerns too but were never a problem when here. A change of scenery is all you need sometimes.

Yeah I like Lynch's running style. Sounds like he could be had for next to nothing, if he acts up BB will get rid of him immediately. IMO not a major risk but you are right about this team coming off a bad year locker room wise. Probably won't end up here but I wouldn't be against it.

Dillon and Moss came to a team with credible, veteran leadership. Lynch would be coming to a team who lacked discipline and strong leadership last year and who will end up having way too many rookies and 2nd year players this year. Not the roster to have a p[otential negavtive influence. Besides, Lynch's on-field performance hasnt been great and not worth the chance.

Last edited:
Lynch's legal issues

1. Victim of mistaken identity, his car was shot at by unknown assailants
2. Accused of sexual assault by ex-girlfriend but never was arrested or charged
3. Judge throws out a restraining order by ex-girlfriend
4. Fined and driver's license and car registration were revoked after pleading guilty to a traffic violation (he hit a pedestrian who was said to be intoxicated and drove off)
5. Pleaded guilty to a single gun misdemeanor charge and was sentenced to three years of probation and eighty hours of community service
6. Accused of stealing $20 from a woman in TGI Friday's but she later declined to press charges

He was suspended for three games last season for pleading guilty to a single gun misdemeanor charge, a violation of the NFL's personal conduct policy.

Lynch is said to be active in the Buffalo community.

How does the Buffalo community feel about that?:D

Last edited:
Why are people talking as if Lynch is no longer capable of being a productive player? He'd a down year by his standards last season, but has been a thousand yard running back his first two seasons. While he was out serving his suspension, Fred Jackson emerged, which wasn't a surprise to enough people based on how he'd played the previous season, and supplanted him as a starter. But that doesn't mean Jackson is a better player than Lynch. What that tells you if you watched Buffalo's games is that Jackson's skills fit their offense better than Lynch.

Lynch, Maroney, Faulk and Ellis-Green > Maroney, Taylor, Faulk, Morris and Ellis-Green

Why are people talking as if Lynch is no longer capable of being a productive player? He'd a down year by his standards last season, but has been a thousand yard running back his first two seasons. While he was out serving his suspension, Fred Jackson emerged, which wasn't a surprise to enough people based on how he'd played the previous season, and supplanted him as a starter. But that doesn't mean Jackson is a better player than Lynch. What that tells you if you watched Buffalo's games is that Jackson's skills fit their offense better than Lynch.

Lynch, Maroney, Faulk and Ellis-Green > Maroney, Taylor, Faulk, Morris and Ellis-Green

Guys with Lynch's ability are a dime a dozen. He apparently is a class A jerk. We would not be better with him. I'd take Fred Taylor every day of the week in real football, regardless of who I would want in Madden or fanstasy football.
Lynchwas the #1 RB on the Bills, and the way he went about doing his job has him pretty much out of one, and no team has shown any interest in him. Sometimes a loser loses for a reason.

Lynch isn't anything special, has a long list of off the field issues which means he faces a long suspension for anything he does wrong going forward, and you have to give up a draft pick to get him. There are reasons why no team, not just the Pats is making a move for him.

Lynch is a 4 yard a carry back in a league where the average rushing play (including QB kneel downs) went for 4.25 yds last year. He isn't a stiff - he is good around the goalline and has shown decent hands. He just isn't good enough for teams to take any chance on with all his off the field stuff. When Buffalo cuts him he will find a shot somewhere - probably a bad team with nothing to lose paying him the vet minimum.

I doubt Buffalo will release him. He'll earn under a million dollars this season, and just over a million dollars next season. So you've a quality starting running back for a reasonable salary. You don't just release him. Not to mention, Jackson is twenty-nine... If I were Buffalo, I would've tried to trade Jackson for a draft pick in 2011. And if CJ Spiller is the "real deal," then I give him every opportunity to start like Detroit is doing for Jahvid Best. That gives you a twenty-two (turns twenty-three in August) Spiller and a twenty-four Lynch. That could be a nice young running back tandem to build your offense around if you're Chan Gailey and staff.

I doubt Buffalo will release him. He'll earn under a million dollars this season, and just over a million dollars next season. So you've a quality starting running back for a reasonable salary. You don't just release him. Not to mention, Jackson is twenty-nine... If I were Buffalo, I would've tried to trade Jackson for a draft pick in 2011. And if CJ Spiller is the "real deal," then I give him every opportunity to start like Detroit is doing for Jahvid Best. That gives you a twenty-two (turns twenty-three in August) Spiller and a twenty-four Lynch. That could be a nice young running back tandem to build your offense around if you're Chan Gailey and staff.

I completely forgot the Bills drafted Spiller. If their O-Line learns how to run block, their running game should be tough to stop. It's a good thing, though, that their O-Line is terrible and their QB situation is up in the air.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back