PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Manning hurt?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Doubtless Manning is hurt. Guys like Manning and Brady play hurt constantly. They routinely follow up outstanding seasons with surgery. (Didn't Peyton have neck surgery this year? Ouch.)

But he's still him. The failings of the Colt offense has more to do with his suddenly mediocre surrounding cast, IMO.

I don't care about everyone else. I'm speaking about myself as a fan. I won't take nearly as much pleasure in beating the Colts without Manning as I would with him.
Personally i don't care if he plays or not. If we ultimatly make it to the big game and a win over a payatonless colts gets us there i won't even give it a second of thought.

Just watched that game on replay. Manning was harassed all day long and his receivers had the dropsies.

If anything he played better than his numbers indicate, given the amount of pocket time and finishing help he got.

I kept saying, "I didn't know the Texans had such a rush" one minute, then thinking "Indy's line really stinks" the next, so don't know which way to go on that one. But the drops were easy to pin -everyone except Collie.

Just watched that game on replay. Manning was harassed all day long and his receivers had the dropsies.

If anything he played better than his numbers indicate, given the amount of pocket time and finishing help he got.

I kept saying, "I didn't know the Texans had such a rush" one minute, then thinking "Indy's line really stinks" the next, so don't know which way to go on that one. But the drops were easy to pin -everyone except Collie.

That's a mixture of Indy's poor line, and Mario Williams!

The NFL is so much about attrition. There's just not enough time to lament the fact that our fiercest competitors are injured. You feel bad for them for 2 seconds, and then it's forget about'em.

At least that's how I approach it as a fan. So, it just doesn't matter to me.

There is a curse. How is it every single season since I can remember the super bowl loswer is either a lowly playoff team or mediocre at best. I can't remember the last team to recover from it and have a good season, since I've been watching football anyway (I'm only 20) but still, I think only one team in my life (the Bills) rebounded from super bowl losses and god knows I was way too young to see those teams.

He is not on the injury report. Could be a rumor spread by Peyton himself to excuse his piss poor play against the Texans.

NOT! Don't even go there. It sounds like the guys who are still talking about CameraGate.

He is not on the injury report. Could be a rumor spread by Peyton himself to excuse his piss poor play against the Texans.

Precisely!
Neck problems causing pain in the throwing arm? More like preparing the media for excuses this season.

Or, on the other hand maybe the trainers just tightened up one a those side neck bolts and now he's good to go.

Last edited:
Precisely!
Neck problems causing pain in the throwing arm?

I take it you've never hurt your neck or back. It can affect a LOT of things. This is not at all far fetched.

I take it you've never hurt your neck or back. It can affect a LOT of things. This is not at all far fetched.

I made no statement of medical analysis

I wish for a 100% healthy Peyton when we play them...Otherwise it would just not be the same rivalry

Hope he is O.K.

Hope he's ok. Those neck injuries could be a real b!tch to deal with.

As long as the neck pain doesn't turn into migraines, I think the drop off won't be significant.

I surely wouldn't say "outstanding". The numbers are great, but while the game was close he didn't play all that well. There were two dropped interceptions and most of the yardage came at the end, when the Texans jus wanted the Colts to run the clock for them.

That being said, an average game for Peyton Manning is a fantastic game for 95% of quarterbacks. He looked like himself, despite being absolutely abused by Mario Williams.

The were one Collie drop from being within a touchdown in the second half. Without Manning, it would have been orders of magnitude worse. He played one of the most impressive games of his career, I thought.

Hope he's okay; neck injuries aren't good news.

Last edited:
Piss poor day?
Didn't he pass for over 400 yards?!
Got a couple TDs, too.

BB: Stats are for losers. The final score is for winners.

BB: Stats are for losers....

They can be. They can also sometimes reflect how a great player single-handedly kept his team from getting blown out.

Piss poor day?
Got a couple TDs, too.
What else to you call if if not piss poor? The Texans ran all over the Colts and if you check the box score, you'll see that Manning didn't have a single tackle.

Piss poor day?
Got a couple TDs, too.

Perhaps, but he couldn't stop the run for ****.

edit - Crap, Spacecrime beat me to it.

Last edited:
Give credit where credit is due. Manning played with a horrendous offensive line and played a phenomenal game despite his team. He's the best player in the NFL.*

*Assuming the game is meaningless.

I have to say, though, that the scene of him getting hit and laying face down for a few seconds was enough to cause quite a stir in Colts Fans psyches.

I have no doubt that the rumours of him having a neck injury that is affecting his right arm are accurate. The man can play through a heck of a lot of pain, but at some point, his body just won't take it anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back