PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Mangini to coach in CT Next Season?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JoeSixPat

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
... sepcifically Connecticut according to this report in the Hartford Courant from a few days ago.

Colonials Plan To Speak To Eric Mangini About Coaching Vacancy - Hartford Courant

This seems like a wise move. I'm sure they're banking on the fact that Mangini is remembered fondly throughout New England and that Patriots fans will be flocking from all over to wave "hello" to Coach Mangini, albeit showing less than all five fingers

What could go wrong?

he better get himself about 3 thousand sets of radial tires...N.E. roads have so many dyamed sharp objects "just lying there" in the road...(at the end of the driveway}...

Deceptive title is deceptive...

He seems to suck with people and making personal decisions, I do think he'd be a good defensive coordinator somewhere though. Despite their feud, Belichick did believe in him very highly at one point.

Deceptive title is deceptive...

I know it. I thought it meant life coach. CT is in need of those. And I know a place where he can stay...in a van...down by the river.

Well Eric did say several weeks ago on NFLN that he had lots of opportunities he was exploring...LOL

Who better to work for than a USFL owner who checks out the buzz on facebook before making these decisions... And who thinks it was a tough for Chris Palmer to choose between remaining with the Colonials as HC/GM or becoming the OC for a QB'less NFL franchise in dissaray and facing a potential lockout...

If Eric takes this job at least his players won't have to endure a long bus ride to involuntarily participate in his annual football clinic.

Well Eric did say several weeks ago on NFLN that he had lots of opportunities he was exploring...LOL

Who better to work for than a USFL owner who checks out the buzz on facebook before making these decisions... And who thinks it was a tough for Chris Palmer to choose between remaining with the Colonials as HC/GM or becoming the OC for a QB'less NFL franchise in dissaray and facing a potential lockout...

If Eric takes this job at least his players won't have to endure a long bus ride to involuntarily participate in his annual football clinic.

That's right - they'll be right around the corner. They can get their Moms to drive them!

lol. They made you change the title? I hate intentionally misleading titles for "humor", but i thought that one was accurate and actually funny to think it might be the N.E. Pats.

I know it. I thought it meant life coach. CT is in need of those. And I know a place where he can stay...in a van...down by the river.

Original thread title said he will be coaching in NEW ENGLAND next year. Wasn't that cute?

Why would Mangenius he take a job like this? A two-time NFL head coach who must be collecting a zillion dollars from unfinished contracts to the UFL?

He'd be better off as a coordinator or possibly head of security for an AFC team worried about BB's nefarious trickerations.

More to the point, Mangini is such an ingrate snitch, why would someone give him a job knowing it's only a matter of minutes before he turns on his boss?

So many questions, too few answers.

Why would Mangenius he take a job like this? A two-time NFL head coach who must be collecting a zillion dollars from unfinished contracts to the UFL?

He'd be better off as a coordinator or possibly head of security for an AFC team worried about BB's nefarious trickerations.

More to the point, Mangini is such an ingrate snitch, why would someone give him a job knowing it's only a matter of minutes before he turns on his boss?

So many questions, too few answers.

You may have answered your own question.

If he coaches in the NFL he doesn't collect the dead contract money.

this is interesting...are the UFL games even on tv?

Its the smart move.

Plus, Hartfords getting a genius to run their program.

Listening to PFW In Progress a couple of days ago and neither Fred Kersch or Paul Perilio would rule out BB bringing Mangini back as a DC :eek:

Personally I'd be beyond amazed if BB brought that rat back to Gillette. Not going to happen.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back